You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Anyone know this bike in NH
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

HONDAFIXER
Posted 2010-06-09 7:33 PM (#61843)
Subject: Anyone know this bike in NH

Cruiser

LONDONDERRY NH
Looks like a Vision in the picture http://www.wmur.com/news/23848317/detail.html#
Top of the page Bottom of the page
varyder
Posted 2010-06-09 8:15 PM (#61846 - in reply to #61843)
Subject: Re: Anyone know this bike in NH

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
in deed it is a Vision. Regardless, prayers for the rider and family.
varyder
Posted 2010-06-09 9:12 PM (#61856 - in reply to #61843)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
according to one of the commenters the bike is from minnesota, the rider is in critical condition. The same person also said that the car turned in front of the bike.
Visioness
Posted 2010-06-10 8:41 AM (#61884 - in reply to #61843)

Cruiser

Fryeburg ME
Stay safe out there guys and gals ride like you are invisible, even if everyone always stares at your ride.
internet_red
Posted 2010-06-10 10:18 AM (#61890 - in reply to #61843)

Puddle Jumper

minnesota
This article says the car driver failed to yield: http://dailyme.com/story/2010060900006224/brief-motorcyclist-critic...
glighto11
Posted 2010-06-10 9:43 PM (#61936 - in reply to #61843)
Subject: RE: Anyone know this bike in NH

Iron Butt

Central New York

I read this post awhile ago and it has been running the wheels in my head so I thought I would come back and add my thoughts.

This is one of those stories that you wish you were closer to so you could glean more data. This is the exact type of accident that brings headlight modulators into the equation. I wonder if this bike had one, and if not, would one have changed the outcome.

I have been considering adding one someday. This just might be the force that motivated me. 

radioteacher
Posted 2010-06-10 11:43 PM (#61937 - in reply to #61843)

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
Prayers to the rider and family.

Just this morning I had one car on the phone that could not keep nor pick a lane than later........a different car pulled out in my right of way.

A small Mercedes was approaching the exit of a motor bank on my right. She was on the phone (left ear) and never properly looked for traffic to her left. She rolled through the Stop sign at the exit and proceeded to make a left turn across my lane of traffic.

When I saw her near the exit and rolling, I was in second gear and accelerating from 15 to 25 mph. No traffic behind me. I cut the throttle and hit the high beams. When I saw that she did not see me and would pass the stop sign....Full panic stop starting at 20 mph. I stopped about 35 feet from her car. (could have rolled up to her door but why) About the time I came to a full stop.....when her car was completely blocking my lane she finally looked at me.

Her eyes got really big!

I took a breath and let her leave the area without gesture or comment.

I did think a sarcastic thought......."It is OK lady, please continue the phone call. I sure it is much more important then my life."

Ride Safe

Edited by radioteacher 2010-06-10 11:45 PM
elvis441
Posted 2010-06-11 7:14 AM (#61948 - in reply to #61843)

Cruiser

Houston, TX
Driver of the car was 93 years old. I think people that old should be able to drive but should be tested regularly(Every 6 months?) to prove they're capable.
varyder
Posted 2010-06-11 7:34 AM (#61951 - in reply to #61843)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
the one time I thought "this is it" is when I was going through a light from a stop. I always hesitate before pulling off to ensure all traffic has cleared due to idiots wanting to run redlights. I hesitated good this particular time and since it was a 4-lane plus turn lanes I had a broad path to pass on my side to get to the other lanes. Traffic had stopped at the inside lane, and the turn lane, however, the far side was still open. As I had already gained momentum and shifting to second (short shifter) I caught the corner of my eye a vehicle coming from my right and not slowing down. I ended up grabbing a hand full of front brake and turning the wheel to the left to drop, which I didn't do on purpose but I believed that saved me. I was expecting impact either to her hitting the front of my bike or me hitting her in the side, yet the bike dropped within inches.

Come to find out it was an elderly lady from Conn. that swore that she never saw the red-light or me, even though there were two lines of traffic stopped on her side.

That has taught me to check, recheck, and check again around potential hazardous intersection and slow down and make sure I have a solid eye contact with the driver if they look like they might do something stupid.

I had this happen to me the other day, a guy was turning right in my path from a side street and did a roll through before he saw me and stopped half in my lane. Before I swerved around him I headed right for his door and he had a "oh no!" look on his face. There wasn't any other traffic around and my speed was not fast and the distance was not that close so I was ready for anything he might have done. The look on his face was priceless.

Edited by varyder 2010-06-11 7:34 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™