You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

New HD Helmet Cam
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

ScoreBo
Posted 2010-06-10 12:54 PM (#61904)
Subject: New HD Helmet Cam

Iron Butt

Northeast Ohio
I work in the technology space. Because of this I subscribe to a number of RSS feeds and came across a new 1080P helmet cam. I know a number of you run cams on your helmets and just wanted to share.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/10/drift-innovation-helmet-cam-shoo...

Drift Innovation's HD170 is far from the "world's first" HD helmet cam -- heck, it's not even the first that does 1080p -- but we'll admit it's an attractive proposition on paper thanks to a tiny 1.5-inch color LCD and built-in speaker. While those let you verify your death-defying stunts were captured appropriately, an adjustable lens promises more freedom in the way you attach it, too, and at $329, the rest of the specs (30fps, H.264 compression, 5 megapixel stills, 1110 mAh battery, up to 32GB SDHC card) are more or less competitive with the other elephants in the room. Though we certainly can't recommend it without getting some hands-on time first, Drift's got some video samples after the break if you'd like to see how well the POV cam handles the open road and some skydiving Gs.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
bigwill5150
Posted 2010-06-10 1:09 PM (#61905 - in reply to #61904)
Subject: Re: New HD Helmet Cam

Iron Butt

Reno County, KS
That's pretty cool. I like that they miniaturized AND ruggedized it. Plus it's solid state flash card will keep the vibration from killing the recorder unlike my Sony Handycam. I wasted all afternoon trying to capture video on California PCH 1. Nothing recorded because vibration protection kept shutting the camera down as soon as I'd get started riding.
ScoreBo
Posted 2010-06-10 1:11 PM (#61906 - in reply to #61904)

Iron Butt

Northeast Ohio
I have been looking at picking up one of these helmet cams for a while. I may take the plunge after a few more reviews get posted.
badnvegas
Posted 2010-06-10 1:44 PM (#61908 - in reply to #61904)

Cruiser

Colorado
is it me or was the sound in mono on the sample videos? Not that it matters I am after the video....I wonder how well it does riding into the sun or in and out of tunnels and trees where mine is a problem transitioning

Edited by badnvegas 2010-06-10 1:45 PM
SongFan
Posted 2010-06-10 2:00 PM (#61910 - in reply to #61904)
Subject: RE: New HD Helmet Cam

Visionary

Memphis
The higher the resolution, the more it shows every little jitter and shake.  Mounting is the key to nice looking HD videos.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™