You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

installation trunk rack
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

adolfoch
Posted 2010-11-18 5:50 AM (#73789)
Subject: installation trunk rack

Cruiser

CARTAGENA Spain
Hi all, anyone know how to install the trunk rack in a victory vision. The issue is that I'm doing it is very expensive to buy and I have the instruccuines assembly when finished send photos to see him, here in Spain all accessories for the victory are prohibitively expensive. If there is a mounting video or pictures please give me the link. greetings
Top of the page Bottom of the page
varyder
Posted 2010-11-18 5:56 AM (#73790 - in reply to #73789)
Subject: Re: installation trunk rack

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
adolfoch, I'll see what I can find, but you have to disassemble the trunk lid by removing it from the trunk. I used a movers blanket in the yard to keep from scratching things up. Once you've taken apart the lid, there are already markings to drill to put the four posts. After your drill your holes, making sure the four post line up with those holes, you can install your foot washers and bolt the rack down. Keep in mind the lid is much heavier with the rack and do your best to keep it from flopping around when reinstalling. Having a second person to help is good, but I had to improvise at this point. Hopefully you'll get pictures or I'll find you something later.
adolfoch
Posted 2010-11-18 6:02 AM (#73791 - in reply to #73789)

Cruiser

CARTAGENA Spain
varyder thanks, I remove the cap but I saw the marks for the holes is what interests me to put on the top rack nuts to tighten, as soon as you hang pictures or video, and I when installing beareth photographs of the process for future partners

radioteacher
Posted 2010-11-18 9:38 PM (#73860 - in reply to #73789)

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
When I get a luggage rack, the worst job I will have is removing the mirror in the trunk that covers two of the bolts.

adolfoch
Posted 2010-11-19 3:12 AM (#73868 - in reply to #73789)

Cruiser

CARTAGENA Spain
I have no problem because I have the mirror, what is not is whether to pierce the upper case only or also the lower, if I had a picture would help me much as the luggage they are doing and I do not know the distance between the screws and where they are located, I have not clear how the housing is removed

varyder
Posted 2010-11-19 6:06 AM (#73876 - in reply to #73789)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
okay, I looked and can't seem to find anything in the way of instructions go. But you have to remove the lid and then completely remove the outer skin. You will see the O where the holes go. I forget what size, but I remember the instructions gave drill bit size just one size larger than the bolts. I used the exact same size and got it on the mark perfectly. There should be washers and so on to mount if you have everything. You never put more than 20lbs on the rack so you should be good.

Sorry, I do not have pictures or videos to install, maybe someone else does, or at least the instruction sheet they can scan in or mail to you. Best wishes.

I'll try and remember to tell you how the housing is removed. It is simpler, but not be necessary to remove the trunk lid completely. The issue I had was holding the hinge nuts to put the bolts back into the hinge. That's the way the instructions said and it made it eaiser to get the skin off to mount the trunk rack.

http://www.vision-riders.com/bb/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=527&post...

This is the notes after I did the install, and I guess pictures expire on here as the link does not take you to any as stated.

Don't know where my written instructions are either. Sorry.

Edited by varyder 2010-11-19 6:12 AM
nailer
Posted 2010-11-19 7:59 AM (#73884 - in reply to #73789)
Subject: RE: installation trunk rack

Tourer

Albuquerque, NM
I purchased my vision used with the trunk rack. I had to disassemble the trunk lid to tighten the rack which was rattling. If you have the mirror, you have to remove it and remove the screws behind it. Use some fishing line like a wire saw to cut the double sided tape. You have to remove the upper screw for the cable that holds the lid open. There are a number of screws that secure the top lower lid to the upper lid which have to be removed. Remember where the screws go. I think there were a couple of different sizes/heads. When you can separate the top lid from the lower lid, reach in and unplug the wire harness connectors to the
top lid turn signal lights. That's the best I can do from memory. If you have the service manual, it should have a visual breakdown of the trunk. Good luck!
fang1111
Posted 2010-11-19 8:08 AM (#73886 - in reply to #73789)

Puddle Jumper

Orange County
you can google victory vision trunk installation. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yk6Jxc7NQa8&playnext=1&list=PLC50328... hope this works out for you.
adolfoch
Posted 2010-11-21 11:30 AM (#73980 - in reply to #73789)

Cruiser

CARTAGENA Spain

thanks I got it and I've seen the marks where to drill with this and the steps I have taken and I are doing the grill, also have seized the moment and I installed a set of LEDs in the trunk as is and as explained by Songfa and has been perfect

Dorf
Posted 2014-07-06 6:28 PM (#161008 - in reply to #73980)

New user

I discovered a great trick in removing the mirror for rack installation. Use some fishing line, fit it behind the mirror (if its not Velcro'd) and saw the double sided foam tape. Now I can install the rack and now Velcro the mirror back on.
lichla1988
Posted 2015-06-23 12:37 PM (#172910 - in reply to #161008)

Puddle Jumper

I bought the cycle-ops luggage rack for the trunk. The instructions don't seem very clear to me. Does anybody have the original victory install instructions they could send me as a PDF?
Arkainzeye
Posted 2015-06-23 2:22 PM (#172912 - in reply to #73789)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
i own the same rack its VERY easy.. i installed mine 4 years ago.. those racks are built TOUGH.... if there was a nuclear war.. there would only be 2 things left on this planet.. roaches and that rack ! ok back to the install... you have to REMOVE the trunk lid... then the inside of the truck. you have to remove those allen screws that hold the black piece on.. inside of there , you will see marking that indicate where you need to drill.. at least this was how it was on my 08 and 11 vision .. it worked perfectly for me.. and i have the same rack
Arkainzeye
Posted 2015-06-23 2:22 PM (#172913 - in reply to #73789)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
i own the same rack its VERY easy.. i installed mine 4 years ago.. those racks are built TOUGH.... if there was a nuclear war.. there would only be 2 things left on this planet.. roaches and that rack ! ok back to the install... you have to REMOVE the trunk lid... then the inside of the truck. you have to remove those allen screws that hold the black piece on.. inside of there , you will see marking that indicate where you need to drill.. at least this was how it was on my 08 and 11 vision .. it worked perfectly for me.. and i have the same rack
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™