You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Water in the Vision's headlight. Sigh.
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

ghostssx
Posted 2012-01-14 8:10 PM (#105395 - in reply to #78194)
Subject: Re: Water in the Vision's headlight. Sigh.

Cruiser

Bluff Park, Alabama - God's Country! 2011 PW VV
Breaker, I get access denied..
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Lojak
Posted 2012-01-15 1:39 PM (#105434 - in reply to #78194)

Cruiser

New Brunswick , Canada
http://www.vision-riders.com/bb/photos/get-photo.asp?photoid=5374

These crack are at the same place as the mounting bracket of the upper right side when you are facing the bike.
All 3 headlights had crack at same spot.
This is how its start , cracks keep going down as you ride because of vibration and water start seeping in..

Edited by Lojak 2012-01-15 1:48 PM
Nozzledog
Posted 2012-02-27 5:35 PM (#108770 - in reply to #78194)

Visionary

Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Alas, I too now have water in the headlight. Even here in Sunny SoCal, it can happen. I noticed it after a 2 hr ride in moderate shower. I cannot see ANY cracks in the lens anywhere. I do have my front/front fender off right now because my tire is too big, so maybe the water got forced in from below.
My dealer took a hot pin and poked a hole into the bottom of the lens and drained the water out. I am debating on whether to leave it open to always drain, or put a small peice of clear tape over it and drain as needed.
johnnyvision
Posted 2012-02-27 6:31 PM (#108779 - in reply to #108770)

Visionary

Nozzledog - 2012-02-27 5:35 PM Alas, I too now have water in the headlight. Even here in Sunny SoCal, it can happen. I noticed it after a 2 hr ride in moderate shower. I cannot see ANY cracks in the lens anywhere. I do have my front/front fender off right now because my tire is too big, so maybe the water got forced in from below. My dealer took a hot pin and poked a hole into the bottom of the lens and drained the water out. I am debating on whether to leave it open to always drain, or put a small peice of clear tape over it and drain as needed.

Ride the bike for some good distance so the light get really hot then stick a good dab of silicon over the hole and let it dry.

If the moister comes back you can pick the silicon off with your finger nail.

My money is you have a leak. 

wrk24wheel
Posted 2012-03-03 9:02 AM (#109108 - in reply to #78248)

Puddle Jumper

Ventura County, CA
I took my 08' to the dealer the other day with this issue. They were told by Victory that the 08' was actually the strongest housing made. They suggested that I use clear silicone and the top of the light where it is already sealed. We were unable to find any cracks and Victory will not replace the housing.
Lomcevak
Posted 2015-05-20 6:31 PM (#172485 - in reply to #109108)

Puddle Jumper

, QC Canada
Hi there, next week, they will replace the 3rd headlight assembly , here, in Quebec, on my. 2013, purchased in july 2014 VV. they crack at the same place , right top fron front of the bike, and the crack keep running left and down. Any news about this issue as the dealer does not seem to know nothing about this. My warranty finish in july 2015

Thanks

Edited by Lomcevak 2015-05-20 6:56 PM
Arkainzeye
Posted 2015-05-21 8:19 PM (#172494 - in reply to #78194)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
gotta love how they told you the 08 was the strongest housing made... lol like they actually know.. lol !!! gotta love these dealers some times... another way to put it might be... we dont want to mess with it.. so just put some rtv on it and call it the day...
johnnyvision
Posted 2015-05-22 5:41 PM (#172506 - in reply to #78194)

Visionary

Lomcevak

I wonder if all 4 rubber grommets are in place. I wonder if the headlight mount is bolted to the frame properly. If its loose that could cause the crack or if its crooked

(Image.gif)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Image.gif (36KB - 0 downloads)
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™