You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

What feature do you HATE most about the vision?
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

sfalexi
Posted 2011-04-22 12:18 AM (#84529)
Subject: What feature do you HATE most about the vision?

Tourer

Columbia, SC
Figured I'd start this and maybe victory will get some clues as to what to work on. I KNOW the size of the sidebags will pop up here, but I've got a different gripe...

I HATE THE AUTO CANCELING TURN SIGNALS!!!

I am a grown-@$$ man. I can press a button to turn a signal off. EVEN with responses on this board, I can NOT figure out what causes them to turn off sometimes. I'll put it on to signal I'm going to make a left turn while slowing down, and it'll turn off as I'm slowing down, but about 50 feet before I have to turn. So I have to turn it back on. Then I complete the turn and it DOESN"T turn off. Or sometimes it'll work fine and not turn off till after the turn.

I wish that they NEVER implemented this. Or if they did, they attached it to a simple fuse or switch or setting in the computer so I could at least have the OPTION of having cars thing I "changed my mind" after it turns off for no apparant reason. MAN that pisses me off!!!

What's YOUR grip?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Nozzledog
Posted 2011-04-22 2:15 AM (#84535 - in reply to #84529)
Subject: Re: What feature do you HATE most about the vision?

Visionary

Rancho Cucamonga, CA
HATE is a harsh word, 'WTF were they thinking', would be a better header.
Incandescent lights on such a modern bike?!? It sucks having to rewire and add resistors that heat up just to fool the bike into using decade old LED technology. Shoot, I had less trouble putting LEDs on my 1998 Road King back then, then I'm having now with a 2010 Vision.

Edited by Nozzledog 2011-04-22 2:18 AM
mkultra
Posted 2011-04-22 6:11 AM (#84542 - in reply to #84529)

Tourer

Tucson, AZ
I hate the time it takes to stop anywhere...onlookers just wont let me leave. I was thinking about printing out some literature and leaving it on the seat, so if I am inside someplace they can take a pamphlet and read about themselves....lol

mike
Cap'n Nemo
Posted 2011-04-22 6:22 AM (#84543 - in reply to #84542)

Visionary

New Bohemia, Va
mkultra - 2011-04-22 6:11 AM

I hate the time it takes to stop anywhere...onlookers just wont let me leave. I was thinking about printing out some literature and leaving it on the seat, so if I am inside someplace they can take a pamphlet and read about themselves....lol

mike

I agree with Mike!

Victory are you listening! Why don't you acquire another headturner, like Indian....
wjoel
Posted 2011-04-22 8:16 AM (#84545 - in reply to #84529)
Subject: RE: What feature do you HATE most about the vision?

Tourer

Northeastern Penna.
Now come on, before I get a few neysayers, one of the top 3 issues, has to be the undersized side bags.

Victory had to know they were smaller than what they could/should have been, coming out of the R & D room, several years ago !

Chalk this up to another chapter of "Planned Obsolescence"
a99miata
Posted 2011-04-22 8:56 AM (#84551 - in reply to #84529)

Tourer

northwest florida
1- lack of radio reception due to poor antenna design
2- cruise controls, radio controls and aux light switches with no back light
3- saddlebags are too small for such a big design
4- trunk should have brake/turn/running lights
Cap'n Nemo
Posted 2011-04-22 8:59 AM (#84553 - in reply to #84529)

Visionary

New Bohemia, Va
there is absolutely nothing I hate about the Vision if you ask me specifically. Of the other bikes I've ridden I could list a few things that I hated about those, like:

1. No bags
2. No windshield
3. No decent foot position
4. No comfortable seat
5. Mirrors too small
6. Radio controls in an akward position
7. No cruise control
8. No fuel gage
9. No tach
10. Centerstand that drags on hard left turns (caused me to go down once)
11. Bad road lighting
12. Tires a pain to replace
13. brakes a pain to replace
14. shaft drive
15. charging system that sucks
16. watercooled
17. crappy handling in tight turns, walks real bad
18. scares bajebeez out of me in truck wash
19. No heated grips
20. No heated seats
21. Air filter a pain to replace

I could go on, but why. I honestly have tried to think what I could NOT like about the Vision and for the life of me I cannot think of one thing. But I find myself being thankful for all the things it has and is not compared to what I used to ride.
K3V1N
Posted 2011-04-22 9:06 AM (#84555 - in reply to #84529)

Puddle Jumper

Honestly I love my bike the only complaint I have is the lack of trunk brake /turn signals for the added visibility.
norcan
Posted 2011-04-22 9:37 AM (#84559 - in reply to #84529)

Cruiser

Edmonton Alberta, Canada
My only complaint is the size of the tank.......If the tank were double the size.......I could reide longer between fills!!!!! lol
dnlbest
Posted 2011-04-22 9:41 AM (#84560 - in reply to #84551)

Puddle Jumper

Warrenton, VA
a99miata - 2011-04-22 9:56 AM

1- lack of radio reception due to poor antenna design
2- cruise controls, radio controls and aux light switches with no back light
3- saddlebags are too small for such a big design
4- trunk should have brake/turn/running lights

+4 your list captured everything I would change!!!
CoolHandLuke
Posted 2011-04-22 10:02 AM (#84564 - in reply to #84529)

Iron Butt

, FL United States
If you've ever ridden in a group of bikes and one Honda rider forgets to cancel his turn signal, you get to ride with that DAMNED blinker going for MILES and MILES
SYNSTR
Posted 2011-04-22 10:04 AM (#84566 - in reply to #84529)

Iron Butt

Mt. Vernon, WASH.
The weird self cancelling turn signals, beyond poor radio reception, battery tender connector routed to a point lower than the drain plug (I JUST LOVE crawling around on the ground to plug my battery in- they couldn't put the plug in the space between the radio panel and the side of the tank fairing?), the angle of the instruments and the chrome surround that reflect back bright sunlight if the sun is behind you, and my #1 literal pain, the exhaust pipe on the right side behind the footboard, if you pant leg hikes up or you are wearing sneaks, your leg will fry on the unprotected exhaust pipe when you put your foot down to park.
Tarpits99
Posted 2011-04-22 10:36 AM (#84567 - in reply to #84529)

Iron Butt

North Orange County CA
I'll give you the radio, and the reflection although I don't have the issue I guess I'm too tall to notice.

The battery tender is a dealer installed (or not installed) item. Mine is routed up behind the oil cooler near the horn. Pretty easy thing to fix with a couple of new zip ties.

As to the hot exhaust pipe/ sneakers issue , I'll relate to you my late wife's response whenever I complained about hurting myself.

Me: "I must have pulled a muscle moving that piano to the family room, cause it sure hurts when I do this. (Showing the RN where and how it hurts).
She "Well , stop doing that you damn fool."

Problem solved! Wear boots.

My ONLY complaint is the "dont bend the fuel filler neck" fill-up procedure. Especially in low light conditions.
Mikeebiker
Posted 2011-04-22 11:43 AM (#84569 - in reply to #84529)

Cruiser

Springfield, TN
Hate is too strong a word for the minor inconveniences I put up with for the privilege of riding the best bike on the road... with that said even the Vision could be improved! Comments:
Battery tender... why? I haven't had a low or dead battery in 3+ years, in fact I gave the free tender my dealer gave me to a HD buddy.
Hot pipe... yeah it got me ONCE.
Rattles!! Been chasing them for 3 years!
Radio reception... sucks. I use my I-Pod all the time.
Storage? If you have the trunk and can't get what you need in the side bags and trunk for a trip you're taking too much stuff.
Turn signal is frustrating when someone flips you off for turning when you THOUGHT your signal was on... it's taken a while but I always keep track of it now.
The heated grips get too hot! Turns my hands black from the softened grip. I know... just wear gloves...
Time wasted talking to every Tom, Dick and Harry about my Vision... We Vision riders should get royalties for all the bikes we sell!!!
My wife says the bike is too fast in the curves...
rdbudd
Posted 2011-04-22 12:16 PM (#84572 - in reply to #84529)

Visionary

Jasper, MO
I don't "hate" anything about it. There are a few improvements that could still be made.

Bigger gas tank. Should be at least 7 gallons. This thing needs a 300 mile fuel range.

Redesign the saddlebag openings. They hold enough, but the openings are smaller than the interior, making them harder to pack. More storage room too would be a plus, of course.

XM and GPS and Reverse standard equipment. The Vision's competitors have it.

Functional and unobtrusive center stand as standard equipment. The Vision's competitors have it. Makes life much easier when checking tire pressures, or when you have to repair a tire on the side of the road.

Shaft drive and single sided swingarm. BMW has it, Honda copied it. Makes life much easier when the time comes to service or repair a rear tire, especially on the side of the road.

Trunk lighting that functions as Run, Turn, Brake as standard equipment.

Ronnie
Candyman
Posted 2011-04-22 12:30 PM (#84575 - in reply to #84529)

Cruiser

West Knoxville TN
I have to agree with Tarpits that the fuel filler neck is a pain, but I dont hate anything about the bike.
rwilly
Posted 2011-04-22 1:03 PM (#84578 - in reply to #84529)

Tourer

seattle, wa
Hate is too strong a word, but I would like it better if they changed the shape of the HID light, get rid of the goofy round shape and make it fit the headlight assembly better, more of a diamond shape.
I hear so much complaining about the size of the saddlebags, if you are comparing to a 1500 Wing then yes, the bags are small, but if you are coming off a bike with no bags at all the Vision bags are just fine.
johnnyvision
Posted 2011-04-22 1:11 PM (#84583 - in reply to #84529)

Visionary

I wish I had two visions its that great a bike to me.
#1 dislike ignition switch. Should be like a old chevy where you use the key to lock it.
#2 turn signals are a pain but then if the gauges worked right then the turn signals would work right. Fifteen miles a hour they cancel
#3 Heat from the exhaust being trapped. They should have test road before building.
#4 wish the left gas tank was lower so you didn't have to wiggle the bike to get the left tank full
#5 Better ECM so when you changed exhaust you wouldn't get the popping
#6 Radio receptionist sucks big time
#7 The accessories plug inn in the glove box. Now you have to pay 45 dollars for a add on. A 100 cable for your ipod WTF
#8 The gauges that are not accurate. Close does not count.
#9 mirrors. Why not a tv screen with a camera mounter to see what behind us.
#10 A easier way to change the headlight bulbs.

If the saddle bags were top opening yes we could get more in but where does it stop. I don't need the kitchen sink when going cross country.
As for the battery tender its only once a year thing a long with the tires so maybe that isn't that bad.
When it comes right down to it I would run to the dealer to get another one even with all its short falls

Edited by john frey 2011-04-22 1:20 PM
flint350
Posted 2011-04-22 2:01 PM (#84589 - in reply to #84529)

Cruiser

Baltimore, Md
I agree with most and don't really "hate" anything but would like a few improvements like those listed above. I would add a standard audio plug in the console for a helmet headset. As it is, you are buying a $23K+ TOURING motorcycle that has an audio system, BUT, to plug into that system with a wired helmet you have to add the plug - BUT - to add that simple plug, you also have to now buy a nearly $1000 CB/Intercom that you may not want or use. It seems ridiculous that you can't get a simple wired audio plug w/o all of that. And of course, that plug when bought, is non-standard and needs special 7 pin connectors vs. most everything else already out there. And if you want to occasionally use earbuds or any 3.5mm plug, you have yet another problem.

Still, I just got back from a short 3 day trip of a few hundred miles and drove the last hour in a cold, unexpected rain to Baltimore- I had a great time on the bike, hardly got wet and can't really complain. I briefly considered the new BMW K1600 GTL, but have abandoned that thought to keep my '08 Vision.
texasgrumpy
Posted 2011-04-22 5:37 PM (#84593 - in reply to #84529)

Cruiser

Lack of brake & turn signals on the trunk as stock and no heel shifter otherwise perfect
glighto11
Posted 2011-04-22 5:54 PM (#84596 - in reply to #84553)

Iron Butt

Central New York

Cap'n Nemo - 2011-04-22 9:59 AM there is absolutely nothing I hate about the Vision if you ask me specifically. Of the other bikes I've ridden I could list a few things that I hated about those, like: 1. No bags 2. No windshield 3. No decent foot position 4. No comfortable seat 5. Mirrors too small 6. Radio controls in an akward position 7. No cruise control 8. No fuel gage 9. No tach 10. Centerstand that drags on hard left turns (caused me to go down once) 11. Bad road lighting 12. Tires a pain to replace 13. brakes a pain to replace 14. shaft drive 15. charging system that sucks 16. watercooled 17. crappy handling in tight turns, walks real bad 18. scares bajebeez out of me in truck wash 19. No heated grips 20. No heated seats 21. Air filter a pain to replace I could go on, but why. I honestly have tried to think what I could NOT like about the Vision and for the life of me I cannot think of one thing. But I find myself being thankful for all the things it has and is not compared to what I used to ride.

First person I ever seen that had a negative on shaft drive. I always thought I was the only one that wasn't a fan. I hated mine, put seals in a couple time to keep the grease off the brakes. But what I disliked most was the way it stood up when starting out. Felt like you were sitting on a cat's back while it coiled for the strike.

Cap'n Nemo
Posted 2011-04-22 6:22 PM (#84598 - in reply to #84529)

Visionary

New Bohemia, Va
there was a day I thought I'd like a shaft drive until I got my Wing. I hated the sensation when cranking in the turns, one way it would push you down, the other way it would push you up. No, it wasn't a real hinderance, just didn't like the feel, like finding a hair in your soup.
phoenix9
Posted 2011-04-22 7:50 PM (#84602 - in reply to #84598)

Cruiser

Litchfield Park, AZ
Cap'n Nemo - 2011-04-22 4:22 PM

there was a day I thought I'd like a shaft drive until I got my Wing. I hated the sensation when cranking in the turns, one way it would push you down, the other way it would push you up. No, it wasn't a real hinderance, just didn't like the feel, like finding a hair in your soup.

Give me a belt any day. Shaft drive is great if you enjoy that feeling of being thrashed back and forth repeatedly.
Tarpits99
Posted 2011-04-22 8:05 PM (#84604 - in reply to #84529)

Iron Butt

North Orange County CA
Not that you asked, but I am a fan of shaft drive.

If you've ever seen a riding buddy break a chain just after passing if front of a semi, you'll appreciate that fact that despite the torque reaction caused by shaft drives , nobody ever broke one without a significant amount of advanced warning.

I think a belt is a big step up from a chain, but from a longevity/ safety standpoint, I'll take shaft drive all day thank you.
Cap'n Nemo
Posted 2011-04-22 8:36 PM (#84609 - in reply to #84529)

Visionary

New Bohemia, Va
you're welcome...
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™