You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Repkacing Headlight Bulb on VISION
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

johnnyvision
Posted 2011-05-28 8:37 PM (#87365)
Subject: Repkacing Headlight Bulb on VISION

Visionary

He doesn't say you have to pull the chrome gauge housing cover. Its sounds right wish I would have none this two days ago. He says you can do it in 30 minuets conpaired to 5 hours
http://www.ehow.com/how_7518622_replace-headlights-victory-vision.h...
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Cap'n Nemo
Posted 2011-05-28 8:50 PM (#87367 - in reply to #87365)
Subject: Re: Repkacing Headlight Bulb on VISION

Visionary

New Bohemia, Va
Huh....
radioteacher
Posted 2011-05-29 4:40 AM (#87381 - in reply to #87365)

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
I do not know who wrote that but it is all wrong. You would have to reach through the cast aluminum frame, the windshield mount and at least two layers of other parts.

That is the biggest crock of bull I have read on the Vision yet....not counting the Olive Oil Video!
Rollin'
Posted 2011-05-29 8:22 AM (#87389 - in reply to #87365)
Subject: RE: Repkacing Headlight Bulb on VISION

Iron Butt

, WI

It's not easy but it can be done. I only removed the cowl cover and raised the windshield to replace the bulb.

I was able to replace the bulb in about 30 minutes.

It helps if you can see what you are feeling so I added pictures. (I installed an HID, this is my old headlight)

Remove the headlight plug and pull the rubber cover off. Note the cover tab faces down.

The bulbs are held in with spring clips. Push the clip down and move it to the brake lever side of the bike to release it.

Lift the clip up and remove the bulb. Do not remove or loosen the screw that holds the clip.

Install the new bulb and re-hook the clip. Do not touch the glass on the bulb.
Install the rubber cover. Make sure that you can feel all three prongs on the bulb.
Note the center terminal on the bulb faces up. Install the plug.

radioteacher
Posted 2011-05-29 8:37 PM (#87439 - in reply to #87365)

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
Rollin',

I am not saying that cannot be done in thirty minutes....I am saying that the instructions that were posted in eHow.com are wrong and impossible to follow.

Check out the instructions below. My comments are prefixed with ** .

How to Replace the Headlights on a Victory Vision - eHow.....NOT

**********Text from the article.

If the headlights on your Victory Vision cruiser motorcycle are burnt out, you can replace them yourself without having to take it into a mechanic. Unlike many motorcycles, no extraneous parts need to be removed, such as the fairing, and no special tools are required. The Victory Vision uses H4 headlight bulbs that can be purchased at most auto parts stores or through on line vendors. Expect the entire replacement process to take less than 30 minutes.

http://www.ehow.com/how_7518622_replace-headlights-victory-vision.h...

1 Look for two screws on the right side of the instrument bezel. Remove these two screws with a screwdriver.
** The instrument bezel is not screwed on it snaps in place.

2 Pull off the right instrument bezel.
** It is one piece bezel....Does "right" mean (Right or Left) or (Correct or Wrong)?

3 Press inward on the headlight wiring harness revealed when you removed the instrument bezel. Pull the headlight wiring harness off of the rear of the headlight assembly.
** How is this possible.....What about removing the air filter?

4 Put on a pair of latex gloves. Disengage the retaining clip holding the headlight bulb in place by pressing the clip inward. Pull the headlight out of the headlight assembly.
** This is the first step that is not totally wrong.

5 Insert the replacement headlight bulb into the headlight assembly. Secure it in place with the retaining clip. Plug in the headlight wiring harness. Replace the instrument bezel.
** They get partial credit for this one.

6 Repeat the above steps for the left headlight bulb.
** Why would I repeat the steps that failed!

Ride Safe!

Edited by radioteacher 2011-05-29 8:39 PM
johnnyvision
Posted 2011-05-30 12:54 PM (#87490 - in reply to #87365)

Visionary

I do think they may have something by removing the gauge cluster.
Your right about lack of correct wording. Makes me think he read a book and tried to tell us how to but he forgot what he read.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™