You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

REAR GRAB RAIL REMOVAL
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

victoryman
Posted 2009-08-29 6:25 AM (#42730)
Subject: REAR GRAB RAIL REMOVAL

Puddle Jumper

Does anyone know an easy way to remove the rear grabrails so I can paint them. Can't see how you can access rear nut at all. Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Del
Posted 2009-08-29 8:41 AM (#42736 - in reply to #42730)
Subject: Re: REAR GRAB RAIL REMOVAL

Puddle Jumper

Stacy,Mn
I used a small drill bit to get centered on the nut and than drilled it out whit a step bit to fit a socket .when I was done I used a electrical hole plug to cover it up .
radioteacher
Posted 2009-08-29 9:40 AM (#42740 - in reply to #42730)

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
I just looked and could not find it but.....there is a picture of where you can put a hole in the plastic that would provide access to the nut that holds the rear handles on. It makes removal easy.

Ride Safe
Flatsix
Posted 2009-08-29 8:59 PM (#42788 - in reply to #42740)

Tourer

Fargo, ND

I removed and painted mine and found the removal to be not bad.  I removed the seat, license plate bracket, and panel around taillight. Unscrew the latches on your bags, remove 4 screws holding the computer down and the 4 bolts close to the computer.  Loosen the 2 bolts inside the bags on the vertical panels and you can then move the base the computer mounts to from side to side and lift it up to get at the grab rail bolts very easily without cutting.  Paint em and reverse the procedure.

Good Luck!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™