You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Dash Vibration Help
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

VaParadox
Posted 2008-11-12 10:27 PM (#23158)
Subject: Dash Vibration Help

Iron Butt

Richmond, Virginia
I read a couple weeks ago on here that some of you had the same vibration that I have now that its cooler outside. The silver panel on the dash that meets the brushed silver panel that covers the stereo/grips/HID switches where the two meet i get an annoying noise while riding, but when I reach up and push the panel down it stops. I thought I read where some of you
placed a strip of rubber or something between the two. Can someone offer us some more information on that?

thanks
Cpt. mac
Top of the page Bottom of the page
cjnoho
Posted 2008-11-13 12:00 AM (#23162 - in reply to #23158)
Subject: Re: Dash Vibration Help

Visionary

So Cal
Mine rattled from day one. If you pull the speedo bezel off you will see where it contacts the dash panel. Mine was on the left side. I put a piece of electrical tape on the bottom side of the bezel and put it back on. Disnt take much. I think foam would be too thick.
nohawg
Posted 2008-11-13 12:04 AM (#23164 - in reply to #23158)

Cruiser

Fargo, ND
I used a very thin (1/8" strip of packing foam sheeting (the kind they wrap parts in) cut in a strip to fit between the bezel and the dash piece. It compresses when you reinstall the bezel. Worked great.
cjnoho
Posted 2008-11-13 12:19 AM (#23168 - in reply to #23158)

Visionary

So Cal
My hearing has been shot for some time now. If I can hear it, it has to be bad. Thats the first thing I noticed on mine.
VisionTex
Posted 2008-11-13 8:17 AM (#23175 - in reply to #23158)
Subject: RE: Dash Vibration Help

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
VaParadox - 2008-11-12 9:27 PM

I read a couple weeks ago on here that some of you had the same vibration that I have now that its cooler outside. The silver panel on the dash that meets the brushed silver panel that covers the stereo/grips/HID switches where the two meet i get an annoying noise while riding, but when I reach up and push the panel down it stops. I thought I read where some of you
placed a strip of rubber or something between the two. Can someone offer us some more information on that?

thanks
Cpt. mac

I put a small piece of low density foam on the bottom of the bezel in the left corner. Stuck it on with clear siclicone adhesive. This noise showed up on my bike between 2500 and 3000 rpm. I'm curious, do you have vibration in the mirrors at that rpm?
VaParadox
Posted 2008-11-15 10:22 PM (#23373 - in reply to #23158)

Iron Butt

Richmond, Virginia
Thanks for the info. Will tackle it tommorrow. VisnTex, the only vibration/rattle I have is where the console plastic touches the instrument cluster panel (the bumpy silver meets the brushed silver). When i press down on the center console to seperate both pieces,
the noise stops totally. My mirrors have no vibration. they are so tight that I thought i was going to break them when i first adjusted them when i bought the bike. After that i havnt had a need to change them. If you play with them you will see that they "slide rock" not
just rotate on a round multidirectional ball like standard. you might have to tighten up the slide rock mechanism.
VisionTex
Posted 2008-11-16 1:16 PM (#23403 - in reply to #23373)

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
Va, thanks for the advise, been there and have tightened them up as much as I can. Did that based on the sevice manual. So off to a dealer to see if they can help. After waiting a long time at the service department for them to look at it, they said my mirror vibrates due to the convex spot mirrors I put on them. The mirrors actually were vibrating prior to adding the spots, actually the spots don't vibrate.......so I left.
victoryvisiontour
Posted 2009-08-31 10:37 AM (#42929 - in reply to #23162)

Iron Butt

Anderson, IN (48mi NE of downtown Indianapolis)
Computer mouse pad foam makes good rattle eliminator. With all the plastic on the Vision I'm surprised there are not more of them. Other than the trunk, I have only had one.

The chrome bezel around the gauges vibrated. Computer mouse pad foam took care of this. Hint: use foam pad not the neoprene type. The graphic plastic covering can be pealed right off the foam type pads. The foam can also be squished down to almost zero thickness. I cut a piece the size of lower side of the bezel. I hot glued it the bezel then snapped it back onto the gauge panel. No rattle/vibration now. Since the mouse pad foam is low density, it flattened enough so there is no gap between the aluminum console and the bezel.

I used this trick on the plastic armrests on the trunk too. Works great.

Edited by victoryvisiontour 2009-08-31 10:45 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™