You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

iPod connection
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Daveg53
Posted 2013-08-29 9:00 PM (#143800)
Subject: iPod connection

Puddle Jumper

Vacaville, CA United States
My 2013 Victory vision came with just an audio plug-in jack. I hooked into the 12v outlet with a usb ipod connection in the LH glove box to charge my iPod as I played it. My only issue was that I had no information or control over it. When plugged in and in AUX it would just play the playlist, but I could not switch to a new song or view song details on my screen.

To solve this, I purchased (for $99) the KIT-CORD P/N 2878628, which included the iPod harness P/N 2411287. It had two small connectors on one end and an iPod connection on the other. I installed it and it operated exactly as the make-shift setup did that I already had.

It then tells me that I may need to update the software. I am having NO luck with this. www.diagsys.com seems to just take me in a loop and www.polarisdealers.com won't let me on because I'm not a dealer. These are the two websites that are mentioned in the instructions.

I have to tell you that if I have to go to a dealership to program this (which won't be cheap), I will not be happy.

Any pointers on this would be much appreciated.

Daveg53
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Daveg53
Posted 2013-08-30 5:51 PM (#143841 - in reply to #143800)
Subject: Re: iPod connection

Puddle Jumper

Disregard...got it!
Visioness
Posted 2013-08-31 5:22 PM (#143902 - in reply to #143841)

Cruiser

Fryeburg ME
Inquiring minds want to know what you did to fix it?
Daveg53
Posted 2013-09-03 1:40 PM (#144061 - in reply to #143902)

Puddle Jumper

Actually, the software was up to date (or seemed to be). I went back throught the instructions again on how to initialize the ipod and it worked; I get info in the screen and can select alternate songs.

My issue now is that it seems to t-up about 6 songs. I can switch back/fourth between those songs by either using my up/down tuning on the left handlebar or by pushing any number (1-6) on my 12 channel buttons, but until they've played, I get no new songs. I thought maybe it was my old Nano ipod 5 causing the issue, so I plugged in my iphone 5 and had the same issue...except I got more songs available...but I can only choose from those songs.
Street Eagle
Posted 2013-09-03 2:16 PM (#144062 - in reply to #143800)

Iron Butt

Manchester, CT
Hold down the 2 button for appx 3 seconds. You should see a list displayed - Artist, Album, Recently played etc. You can use the button on the handlebar to move up and down. When you get to the category you want hit the 2 button again.
LA Victory Rider
Posted 2013-09-03 7:20 PM (#144068 - in reply to #143800)

Cruiser

Monrovia, Ca
What do you mean "the 2 button"?
Street Eagle
Posted 2013-09-03 10:02 PM (#144071 - in reply to #143800)

Iron Butt

Manchester, CT
The pre-set station buttons. Depress the 2nd station button (toggle to the right)
Howieshotrods
Posted 2013-09-05 9:47 PM (#144142 - in reply to #143800)

Puddle Jumper

Thanks Street Eagle, I learned something new today. Now, I know how the presets work with playlists, but is there any way to make it shuffle?
pete a
Posted 2013-09-05 9:52 PM (#144143 - in reply to #143800)

Cruiser

elgin mn
if there is let me Know thanks Pete
johnnyvision
Posted 2013-09-06 7:22 PM (#144165 - in reply to #144142)

Visionary

Howieshotrods - 2013-09-05 9:47 PM Thanks Street Eagle, I learned something new today. Now, I know how the presets work with playlists, but is there any way to make it shuffle?

don't know what year bike you have but if you read the radio section in your owners book it will tell you all

Howieshotrods
Posted 2013-09-08 4:50 PM (#144210 - in reply to #143800)

Puddle Jumper

I have an '11 Vision, I went back through the owners manual and see I either missed or just plain forgot how to get to artist or album, but didn't see anything about shuffle. I like to set up my playlist by feel of music whether it be fast paced, mellow, or somewhere in between. When I build my playlists I just like to go through an album and pick songs, then go to the next album. The problem is I don't necessarily want to listen to them in that order, and when I switch between playlists it always starts back at the beginning, hence my hope for the iPods shuffle feature. At this point I have to take my iPod and just randomly rearrange the playlist manually to mix it up.

There may be no way to set it to shuffle (short of a future radio software update) but if anyone knows a way, let me know.
TMOE4U
Posted 2013-09-08 8:43 PM (#144224 - in reply to #143800)

Puddle Jumper

Edmonton, AB Canada
To get the songs on an iPod to shuffle, you need to set up the playlists to shuffle on the computer you link you iPod to. It is a setting in iTunes. I leaned this by playing a bit as I was having the same problem as described above. I think it is also described in the information Radio Teacher has in the Tech section.
gnut629
Posted 2013-09-11 2:09 PM (#144369 - in reply to #143800)

Puddle Jumper

I have a question - Should my iphone 5 pair with the vision dongle, wirelessly? It pairs fine with mine and wife's Sena 10's through our helmets, but must be plugged into the OEM jack in the glove box.
Street Eagle
Posted 2013-09-11 4:17 PM (#144373 - in reply to #143800)

Iron Butt

Manchester, CT
Not sure what you are trying to accomplish and why. The only way to enable bluetooth communication between a bluetooth device and the Victory's audio system it requires a dongle to be connected to the ipod/iphone adapter. The audio system stand alone is not bluetooth enabled. Basically what the dongle does is to enable communication over bluetooth protocol.

Please let me know what you are trying to do
gnut629
Posted 2013-09-11 9:15 PM (#144390 - in reply to #144373)

Puddle Jumper

Tom,

I do have the dongle. I can pair both helmets' Senas with the bike, but my iphone won't pair with the bike without physically plugging into the iPod adapter. I would think that if the helmets can communicate "wirelessly" over bluetooth protocol, then the iphone should???

Thanks for any help!

Gerry
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™