You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Bad, Bad, Dealer
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

wedgebolt
Posted 2012-08-27 11:16 AM (#122335)
Subject: Bad, Bad, Dealer

Puddle Jumper

Savannah, GA United States
Just wanted to share with all of you a problem that one of my riding buddies is dealing with. I feel bad because I recommended this dealer without doing any research. He bought a new Cross Bike from a dealer in Jacksonville FL. In two weeks it began to knock when you first started the bike. After letting it idle for about 30 seconds it would go away. I am not talking about a ticking sound, but a loud knock. He took it to the dealer and was told that if there was nothing wrong he would be charged for it. They claimed they called a Victory Tech who told them that all the bikes make a little noise when you first start them. He was then told to ride the bike until it broke and then they could find out what was wrong. I dont know about you ,but a back tire locking up at 70 mph is not fun! He took the bike to Gainsville and Kevin diagnosed the problem right away. It had very little oil pressure. The oil pump was defective and Gainsville is taking care of it. He did file a complaint with Vic but have not got a response. This dealer in Jacksonville specializes in kawasaki and sells Vics as a side show.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
varyder
Posted 2012-08-27 11:33 AM (#122337 - in reply to #122335)
Subject: Re: Bad, Bad, Dealer

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
Now, that is what I call a problem. I would continue to persue the Victory route with anything supporting from Gainsville.
XRsteve
Posted 2012-08-27 12:32 PM (#122342 - in reply to #122335)

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
Get a lawyer to contact the dealership AND Ma Victory.............
EGA44
Posted 2012-08-27 2:44 PM (#122353 - in reply to #122335)

Cruiser

Gotha, FL
Why in the world would you get a lawyer involved... for what? Last I heard, getting poor or even the wrong advice from an ignorant tech is not against the law and in light of all the other problems that I've read on this site about the lack of attention from Ma Vic on bigger problems than this, why would she care about this level of an issue. If you have no confidence in the dealer, find one you do like and go there. I have a dealer near my home in Orlando that mostly sells Kawasaki's as well and would be much closer to ride to but I opt to ride to St Petersburg FL...100 miles further to have all the work done because that's where I am confident the tech's will take care of my problems(of which I have had only minors). Heck, I bought the Vision to ride it so why not take it where I know they will provide the right care vs. what is convienient. I would vote to leave the lawyers out of it.
SkooterRob
Posted 2012-08-27 4:58 PM (#122362 - in reply to #122335)

Cruiser

Jal NM
Glad to hear you got it fix at the right place and thanks for letting us know where not to go.
opas ride
Posted 2012-08-27 6:12 PM (#122366 - in reply to #122335)

Tourer

Unfortunately the world is full of stupid, ignorant and obviously poorly trained techs, and I use the word " techs"loosley, in many dealerships...I agree with EGA44, forget any lawyers and go find a dealer that you can trust...I have been to my third dealer in less than 2 years with my Vision. First one went out of business, second had no competent techs and finally found one about 35 miles away that does decent work and has a very well trained and competent guy working on the bikes...Hope it lasts and glad KevinX was able to help out......I hope that you raise hell with the dealer that gave you the "stupid and totally ignorant" info in the first place and maybe they will train the idiot who told your friend to ride the bike until it breaks or fire his stupid ass!!!

Edited by opas ride 2012-08-27 6:15 PM
johnnyvision
Posted 2012-08-27 6:25 PM (#122367 - in reply to #122335)

Visionary

Send a register letter to Polaris telling about the poor dealer. Be professional about your letter and tell them so they are a wear of the poor performance. Do not swear or threaten them thats a no no.
Don't you do it have the owner of the bike do it
wedgebolt
Posted 2012-08-28 6:50 AM (#122400 - in reply to #122367)

Puddle Jumper

We have already contacted Vic and havent got a response. We also understand that Ma Vic is not responsible for a persons behavior. We can only make them aware. If you notice I say "we", thats because my friend can be a bull in a china shop. I am making sure it stays profesional.
varyder
Posted 2012-08-28 7:38 AM (#122402 - in reply to #122335)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA

The response will only be as deep as YOU want it to be. There have been a couple on here that took the steps to shake Ma Polaris and get them to step up. Forum rattle will not shake them, a registered letter may get you an inquiry and letter of apology, but a lawyer, if you got enough to go on, will get their attention. I'm not wanting to be sue happy, but had your engined failed due to your due diligence to have it professionaly diagnosed at that dealer, I believe there is some recourse because they failed to do so. I hope this doesn't sound like I've gone off the deep end. Your follow up at another dealer found an issue and corrected. So, I'm thinking IF you have documentation of your complaint, and the service order with their diagnoses at the first dealer, I think you have a good case and should persue it.

I had a major exhaust leak from the factory that my dealer told me that there was no problem. But I found out for myself when I did the 45,000 mile service and I replaced the gaskets. I told them about it and they shrugged their shoulders and said it was good I found it.

Edited by varyder 2012-08-28 7:39 AM
MaddMAx2u
Posted 2012-08-28 9:32 AM (#122406 - in reply to #122335)

Iron Butt

Orlando, FL
I'm the first one to say "Lawyer", but in this case I don't see any damages. If a lack of action on the part of the dealership casued a loss, then ........maybe, but it's a big maybe. More importantly the bike was taken to Kevin who is handling the issue. Kudo's to Kevin once again.

Here's the bigger question. What's the name of the dealer so we can all avoid this place?!?!?

MaddMAx2u
Posted 2012-08-28 10:20 AM (#122408 - in reply to #122335)

Iron Butt

Orlando, FL
varydar +1

Seems like your friends problem is being handled by Kevin in Gville. Good to hear that. I agree with varyder, sometimes you need a lawyer. I did and got results (it's on a thread here somewhere). But in this case it seems there are no damages. You're friend had a bad experience, but he's getting it fixed before it caused him a problem or a loss.

Our only solution to bad dealers is to avoid them! Please give us the name of the dealer so we don't visit his shop. I don't want to end up at this guy's shop~!! THANKS!
robsxct
Posted 2012-08-28 11:56 PM (#122489 - in reply to #122335)

Cruiser

Halifax, NS
<p>Wow that is nasty And how much damage has been done. <br />How many miles were put on that bike with low oil pressure <br />WHY DIDNT THE OIL LIGHT COME ON ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? <br /><br />I would be suprised if you get any answer out of Victory. It seems once they start to get big they dont care much about the customer. <br />I read another post were the guys (((NEW))) bikes TRANNY failed (yes the new inproved tranny) and they took MANY WEEKS to fix it. <br />They wouldnt give the guy another bike. And summer is short. <br />How would you like to pay for your bike and then find out you cant ride it because its broke..... To bad so sad... Tough luck <br />And thats to bad because if they bent over backwards to make the customer happy the word would get out and sales would go through the roof. <br />But thats not the way companies do business anymore. </p><p>Rob</p>

Edited by robsxct 2012-08-29 12:07 AM
Miles
Posted 2012-08-29 4:29 PM (#122532 - in reply to #122335)
Subject: RE: Bad, Bad, Dealer

Tourer

Mount Vernon, WA United States
I'm actually a little surprised to see everyone jump on the "lousy tech" bandwagon so easily. I think we (we = people reading this) have been spoiled by access to the likes of Lloyd, Kevin and others who are NOT typical mechanics. Like in ANY service industry MOST tech's are relatively inexperienced. Now narrow that down to a bike that barely makes it into the shop because most just run and don't need service, and if you think about it.. Add in a "failed part" that rarely fails, that isn't covered likely in any training, and I'd guess 9 out of 10 techs would have missed it.... unless they were the likes of Lloyd or Kevin or a few others who have dedicated themselves to finding out everything they can about these bikes. Even the few ubber-wrenches have made their share of mistakes... but, rightly so, we cut them slack because we know it's rare when they do.

I'm not sticking up for the dealer really, but bring a unique bike, with an odd problem, to a dealer who it seems from the comment "sells them as a side show" had probably rarely worked on a perfect one, let alone fixed one.... and you're surprised they didn't find the problem right away and ended up taking it to an expert.

XRsteve
Posted 2012-08-29 4:37 PM (#122533 - in reply to #122335)

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
WE should expect AND receive proper treatment from dealers. Sad case when we dont.........

This from someone who has had 24,000 trouble free miles from my Vision including a 7000+ mile trip AND I still own a HD RoadGlide too.......

Edited by XRsteve 2012-08-29 4:39 PM
robsxct
Posted 2012-08-29 8:59 PM (#122561 - in reply to #122532)

Cruiser

Halifax, NS

Miles - 2012-08-29 6:29 PM I'm actually a little surprised to see everyone jump on the "lousy tech" bandwagon so easily. I think we (we = people reading this) have been spoiled by access to the likes of Lloyd, Kevin and others who are NOT typical mechanics. Like in ANY service industry MOST tech's are relatively inexperienced. Now narrow that down to a bike that barely makes it into the shop because most just run and don't need service, and if you think about it.. Add in a "failed part" that rarely fails, that isn't covered likely in any training, and I'd guess 9 out of 10 techs would have missed it.... unless they were the likes of Lloyd or Kevin or a few others who have dedicated themselves to finding out everything they can about these bikes. Even the few ubber-wrenches have made their share of mistakes... but, rightly so, we cut them slack because we know it's rare when they do. I'm not sticking up for the dealer really, but bring a unique bike, with an odd problem, to a dealer who it seems from the comment "sells them as a side show" had probably rarely worked on a perfect one, let alone fixed one.... and you're surprised they didn't find the problem right away and ended up taking it to an expert.

First off I hate dealers BUT the dealer that side shows Victory, like any other Japanese bike dealer prob has never had or seen a bike with a failure of an oil pump. And would never look for such a failure. Don't get me wrong they should have checked for the possibility of low oil pressure. I have seen this issue in the automotive world and the cause was a bad filter.

I have had many new and used bikes over the years and NEVER seen a major failure. All were Japanese mind you..... BUT since I purchased my XCT I have come across an alarming number of failures, problems, people not able to get parts ect - SPOOKY -

I bought the XCT not because I think they are better than what comes out of Japan - Not by a long shot - I bought it because I try to support companies from our shores. And I was hoping an American Co. would finally stand up and prove that they could be the best on the market and do what ever it takes to prove they are. There is going to be problems, I understand that. Victory is very new to this game compared to there competition. And I don't mean Harley.

What needs to be done is that Victory slaps that dealers hand. And does what ever it takes to get that guys bike back on the road ASAP. That includes air freight parts ect, tell the dealer doing the repairs they will cover any OT - just get it fixed and get it back on the road. Make the customer happy.

We can get crappy service anywhere. But when you pay a premium for a bike - and these bikes are HIGH PRICED for what they are, I expect to be treated BETTER than the competition. A LOT BETTER.......................... And from what I been reading on the NET thats NOT the case.

Rob

wedgebolt
Posted 2012-08-30 9:54 AM (#122579 - in reply to #122561)

Puddle Jumper

Rob, you hit the nail on the head with your last sentance.
Miles
Posted 2012-08-30 4:00 PM (#122599 - in reply to #122561)

Tourer

Mount Vernon, WA United States
robsxct - 2012-08-29 8:59 PM We can get crappy service anywhere. But when you pay a premium for a bike - and these bikes are HIGH PRICED for what they are, I expect to be treated BETTER than the competition. A LOT BETTER.......................... And from what I been reading on the NET thats NOT the case.

I have to agree with that. I've been involved one way or another since 2001 with Victory products and the two most popular lines I've heard are "It's the best and I won't buy anything else now, etc.." and "you have to find a good mechanic if you need one, etc.." Obviously neither of those is a real quote, but the gist of sentiments held by the majority.

Bottom line... to my knowledge, Victory doesn't own any dealerships. Dealers pay Victory for the ability to sell the bikes. In this scenario, Victory has little to do with the bikes after they are bought for resale by the Dealer. And I believe that is still how it works. The Dealers have to BUY the bikes they are selling. Victory isn't going to tell any Dealer how to run their business. In several cases where they have, the dealer just said fine... I'll sell another brand get your crap outa my shop. In a way it's fine line. It could be argued that Victory needs the dealers more than the dealers need Victory and as long as a Dealer is selling bikes, and paying their fees and debt on time-ish... not much is going to change on the service side.

Again, I'm not defending the service shops. However, until Victory is strong enough to require standards or actually own the shops, nothing is going to change. Mostly without realizing it, it is what we all sign up for when we buy Victory. For most of us, it's paid off. We never needed to take it to a shop, or we had one that was stellar if we did. The rest have to find the right place if they need it, they should never "expect" that just because someone paid for a sign to hang on the door they really have a vested interest in making you happy. In many many cases they bought that sign to SELL the brand, not fix it. Remember when Polaris shops were selling Victory and they didn't even have a wrench? Or the ones where the "Victory Tech" only came in once a week or every TWO weeks. In a way, we have come a long way.

johnnyvision
Posted 2012-08-30 6:11 PM (#122609 - in reply to #122335)

Visionary

Keep in mind tech learn by trial and error. Schooling comes from the computer class's. You sit at the computer at work mind you and read all there is about a subject. Then you take a test. You have three chances to pass. If you fail you have to wait a month before you can try again.

If you really hate a dealer I have a idea but I would not do it.
You could start a Victory Bad Dealer List on face book.
You would have to set it up so it would only let them put in "dealers name only" absolutely nothing ells.
Then a ratting chart. Say 1 threw 9
Now Victory or Polaris could check on dealer if they wanted to.
If you let them say bad things about a dealer you could open up a law suit for them and for your self.

Now that I have said it I wounder why Victory or Polaris doesn't do it. Matter of fact you could start a polling company. Sell your idea to Polaris / Victory send flyer's to owners of there product find out what they say and then give your report to Polaris/Victory of coarse you would charge them.
H-D does it every time you buy a bike from them you get a three page questionnaire rating the dealer.
robsxct
Posted 2012-08-30 10:19 PM (#122635 - in reply to #122579)

Cruiser

Halifax, NS

wedgebolt - 2012-08-30 11:54 AM Rob, you hit the nail on the head with your last sentance.

Thanks

And I know we all want to be able to say BUY a VICTORY they stand behind there product.

Rob

robsxct
Posted 2012-08-30 10:22 PM (#122636 - in reply to #122599)

Cruiser

Halifax, NS

Miles - 2012-08-30 6:00 PM robsxct - 2012-08-29 8:59 PM We can get crappy service anywhere. But when you pay a premium for a bike - and these bikes are HIGH PRICED for what they are, I expect to be treated BETTER than the competition. A LOT BETTER.......................... And from what I been reading on the NET thats NOT the case. I have to agree with that. I've been involved one way or another since 2001 with Victory products and the two most popular lines I've heard are "It's the best and I won't buy anything else now, etc.." and "you have to find a good mechanic if you need one, etc.." Obviously neither of those is a real quote, but the gist of sentiments held by the majority. Bottom line... to my knowledge, Victory doesn't own any dealerships. Dealers pay Victory for the ability to sell the bikes. In this scenario, Victory has little to do with the bikes after they are bought for resale by the Dealer. And I believe that is still how it works. The Dealers have to BUY the bikes they are selling. Victory isn't going to tell any Dealer how to run their business. In several cases where they have, the dealer just said fine... I'll sell another brand get your crap outa my shop. In a way it's fine line. It could be argued that Victory needs the dealers more than the dealers need Victory and as long as a Dealer is selling bikes, and paying their fees and debt on time-ish... not much is going to change on the service side. Again, I'm not defending the service shops. However, until Victory is strong enough to require standards or actually own the shops, nothing is going to change. Mostly without realizing it, it is what we all sign up for when we buy Victory. For most of us, it's paid off. We never needed to take it to a shop, or we had one that was stellar if we did. The rest have to find the right place if they need it, they should never "expect" that just because someone paid for a sign to hang on the door they really have a vested interest in making you happy. In many many cases they bought that sign to SELL the brand, not fix it. Remember when Polaris shops were selling Victory and they didn't even have a wrench? Or the ones where the "Victory Tech" only came in once a week or every TWO weeks. In a way, we have come a long way.

Well said Miles that is the way the dealer network is setup.

Rob

robsxct
Posted 2012-08-30 10:33 PM (#122637 - in reply to #122609)

Cruiser

Halifax, NS

H-D does it every time you buy a bike from them you get a three page questionnaire rating the dealer.
-----

Visionary
Yamaha does the questionaire too. I bought a 2012 WR250R and the dealer was persistant about me filling it out.

Its a good idea. But I think Miles has has touched on an inportant factor. Victory will prob put up with bad dealers (for now) because they need all the dealers they can get.

So rocking the boat to hard could reduce sales.

I realy like your rating idea. I am sure it would keep the owners of Vic bike happy.

MaddMAx2u
Posted 2012-08-31 4:47 PM (#122692 - in reply to #122335)

Iron Butt

Orlando, FL
Please, what is the name of the Dealer?

wedgebolt
Posted 2012-09-03 4:55 PM (#122842 - in reply to #122692)

Puddle Jumper

Jacksonville Powersports
MaddMAx2u
Posted 2012-09-03 5:21 PM (#122845 - in reply to #122335)

Iron Butt

Orlando, FL
Thanks. I'll put them on my list of dealers not to use. There is power in numbers and only by knowing who the good ones are and who to avoid can we make a difference.
kevinx
Posted 2012-09-04 6:41 AM (#122870 - in reply to #122335)

Visionary

Gainesville Fl Home of the Gators
Bike is now back with its owner. While Vic mat not have responded directly to the owner in this case. They were on the phone with me for daily updates, nd to make sure any problem encountered; could be rapidly overcome
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™