You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Rear UK to USA wiring - Help
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Big Steve
Posted 2012-11-27 6:37 AM (#127582)
Subject: Rear UK to USA wiring - Help

Puddle Jumper

Cornwall England

I have wanted for a long time to add a second set of brake lights into the center of the rear clear lenses that are standard fit here in the UK

So in a recent trip to the States to ride I purchased the USA version of the rear wiring harness. The UK version does not have the center brake lights, the center lens is taped off and the wiring harness does not include the tail or plugs for the light sockets.

A simple swap job adding in 2 x red incandescent bulb and the sockets to the USA harness and plug it up............ you know it's not that simple.......

So I have the USA harness in that has 2 x relays (that is not in the UK harness) all the bulbs work BUT the indicators are on all the time like running lights (not in the UK version the running lights are in the brake bulb) the brakes work fine but there is no indicator flash. I took the relays out and the running lights worked on the lower brake lights set (brakes lights worked as well) but still the indicators where on and would not indicate when the indicator switch was made.

Did I miss something or is the main harness different as well........

Thanks for any ideas

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Big Steve
Posted 2012-11-28 5:27 AM (#127644 - in reply to #127582)
Subject: RE: Rear UK to USA wiring - Help

Puddle Jumper

Cornwall England
Well with the help of Gary (Glighto11) from www.vision-mod.com I now have a set of lights to light up my rear.........many thanks Gary for your help
20 10 Vision
Posted 2012-11-28 10:47 AM (#127656 - in reply to #127582)
Subject: Re: Rear UK to USA wiring - Help

Tourer

Way to go Gary!

Glad you got it resolved in your favor Big Steve.
Big Steve
Posted 2012-11-28 12:02 PM (#127659 - in reply to #127656)
Subject: Re: Rear UK to USA wiring - Help

Puddle Jumper

Cornwall England

Yep all sorted, cant understand why on this side of the pond they have a completely different rear harness that excludes the middle brake light completely.

Nobody will miss the rear of my bike now, my friends in the British Legion Riders already call my bike a truck now its got the light to go with the name...LOL

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™