You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Cracked myself up today (humor)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

willtill
Posted 2014-02-23 4:31 PM (#151632)
Subject: Cracked myself up today (humor)

Visionary

Central Maryland
I always like to trundle up to a red light on a multi-laned street, and play with the powered windshield. Of course; everyone in the cars are checking out the Vision; especially now... since bikes are now starting to appear again on the roads up here in the People's Republik of Marylandistan.

So.. today I pull up to this light from a highway off ramp and other cars pile up as well. Black dude whom was hanging a bit behind me in the right lane pulls up a couple of seconds after I stopped at the while line. I know they're checking out my Vision....

....so I nonchalantly lower the windshield.

A second or so goes by and I sense his window rolling down (situational awareness) and he yell's... "Hey man, did I JUST SEE your windshield go down"....?

I'm grinning behind my smoked face shield... loving it....

.....so I turn and look at him, and at the same time; raise the windshield nonchalantly back in the upright position; and flipped my face shield up; winked and said; "why yes, you did" and then I immediately blasted off into a very nice; hard, left hand turn.

I can still see his and his wife's astonishment and grins....

Sometimes. I really like this bike. I'm not a showboat but the bike certainly is...

Edited by willtill 2014-02-23 4:36 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
johnnyvision
Posted 2014-02-23 6:14 PM (#151634 - in reply to #151632)
Subject: Re: Cracked myself up today (humor)

Visionary

<p>when I catch people looking I will put my hand on the top of windshield and push the button and give them the impression I'm pushing It down. O pinch it with two fingers and pull it up is good to</p><p>Lot of harley guys don't know you can do it</p>

Edited by johnnyvision 2014-02-23 6:15 PM
roundtwig
Posted 2014-02-23 7:59 PM (#151641 - in reply to #151632)

Cruiser

flagstaff, AZ
Like minds i guess, because I do the windshield raise/lower at stop lights also. Gotta love it..... The Vision.
Oldman47
Posted 2014-02-25 10:17 AM (#151698 - in reply to #151632)

Tourer

Central Illinois
I must not have a sense of humor. I use mine to adjust when running down the road but avoid using it the rest of the time. I figure it is not made for frequent use so it is likely vulnerable to wearing out. It also has a duty cycle listed in the owner's manual of no more than one operation per minute. The duty cycle will be specified to prevent overheating the motor with frequent starts although they never actually say that.
willtill
Posted 2014-02-25 11:18 AM (#151701 - in reply to #151698)

Visionary

Central Maryland

Oldman47 - 2014-02-25 11:17 AM

I must not have a sense of humor. I use mine to adjust when running down the road but avoid using it the rest of the time. I figure it is not made for frequent use so it is likely vulnerable to wearing out. It also has a duty cycle listed in the owner's manual of no more than one operation per minute. The duty cycle will be specified to prevent overheating the motor with frequent starts although they never actually say that.

Well I'll be hornswoggled!!! WTF!? They do warn about that:

Edited by willtill 2014-02-25 11:22 AM
willtill
Posted 2014-02-25 11:30 AM (#151702 - in reply to #151632)

Visionary

Central Maryland
That fricken windshield motor is like $299.00.... so if it ever burns out; take it to an auto parts store; they may be able to match it up with a window motor out of a car
johnnyvision
Posted 2014-02-25 6:01 PM (#151716 - in reply to #151632)

Visionary

have to believe its nothing more then a car window motor.
Oldman47
Posted 2014-02-25 6:49 PM (#151719 - in reply to #151632)

Tourer

Central Illinois
You pay your bet and you take your chances. If you do not like my take on it, go ahead and take your chances. Nobody here can stop you.
willtill
Posted 2014-02-25 7:21 PM (#151721 - in reply to #151632)

Visionary

Central Maryland
When I read the warning from the Vision manual that I posted above "Do not continuously cycle windshield more than once in a 60 second period" one could interpret that as "Do not operate windshield continuously for 60 seconds.

I really cannot believe that the damned motor for the windshield is going to be overtaxed; if you raise and lower it once in 60 seconds

Edited by willtill 2014-02-25 7:22 PM
varyder
Posted 2014-02-25 8:05 PM (#151726 - in reply to #151632)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
gotta watch blowing the fuse because it's difficult to change with the windshield down
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™