You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Warning!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

RotnRat
Posted 2008-09-06 9:20 AM (#17581)
Subject: Warning!

Cruiser

South of Houston Tx
Use cation whenever you demonstrate your tip-overs for close relatives and friends.

I was showing my father-in-law how they worked a couple weeks ago, I guess I should have explained what I was about to do first, but wanted to see his surprise. As I started dropping it over I heard him scream my name followed by NO! and when I looked he had made a mad dash over to my side and wrapped both arms around the trunk trying to hold it up. I was afraid he was going to rip the trunk off! In the end, his heart kept beating, the trunk stayed attached and I was the one that got the surprise!!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
af goalie
Posted 2008-09-06 9:29 AM (#17583 - in reply to #17581)
Subject: RE: Warning!

Cruiser

Rapid City, SD
I read a post somewhere that talked about a Vision owner repeatedly performing this trick to the amazement of his buddies. The post went on to say he ended up with cracks in his frame from the multiple drops.

As Tony Sinclair would say, "Always in moderation".
spursmvp
Posted 2008-09-06 9:42 AM (#17584 - in reply to #17581)
Subject: Re: Warning!

Tourer

O'Neill, Nebraska
I tell my friends about this feature but don't feel a real need to show it to them. I guess I was afraid of busting something.
maddog
Posted 2008-09-06 9:59 AM (#17587 - in reply to #17581)

Cruiser

Nebraska
I did it once by accident. I know it works. They'll have to take my word for it now.
cw1115
Posted 2008-09-06 11:01 AM (#17590 - in reply to #17587)

Visionary

Ruskin, Fl
I have showed a couple of people, but I would never just drop it. That's not too bright. I gentle lean it over until the tips are on the ground. I too tipped over by accident in a parking lot riding two up. I since adjusted the reach on the clutch lever so that won't happen again.
Newfie
Posted 2008-09-06 12:00 PM (#17592 - in reply to #17590)

Cruiser

Edmonton, AB
cw1115 - 2008-09-06 9:01 AM

.... I since adjusted the reach on the clutch lever so that won't happen again.

Michael,
How did you adjust the reach of the clutch lever? I really wish there was an adjustment on the clutch lever that was similar to the brake lever. For some of us who don't have giant hands, the fact that the clutch doesn't hit the friction point until about 3/4 of the way out makes it a bit of a stretch.
Rebel
Posted 2008-09-06 1:34 PM (#17595 - in reply to #17581)

Iron Butt

Linwood, MI
I have giant hands and sometimes I think the clutch lever has too much reach . Someone here "adjusted" theirs by just bending the lever slightly, about an inch I believe. If I remember correctly, he just put something in between the lever and hand grip and then applied steady preasure until he got it where he wanted it. He said it didn't take a lot to do it.
cw1115
Posted 2008-09-06 2:26 PM (#17597 - in reply to #17581)

Visionary

Ruskin, Fl
That's correct Rebel. I put a #2 phillips (doesn't matter, just to give you idea of the size handle) as far in as possible. Make sure you're not pinching the wire for the grip heater. I just used two hands a squeezed like crazy. Make sure you are not applying pressure past the notch or you will have a two piece lever. It thought it bent pretty easily. Now here's the thing. It was PERFECT. I couldn't leave well enough alone. After you make the adjustment the ball at the end taps the end of the handle bar if you pull it all the way in. I said to my self "I'll just bend the end out a little." Which was stupid because you don't need to pull that much to release clutch. Moved the screwdriver to the outside end and pulled in the middle. Forgot about the relief notch because I had slid a cotton glove over the lever to prevent marring it. Broke it. I rode it like that for six weeks. Still liked it better than the long reach. When I got new one, I just bent it about ¾-1 inch closer and left it alone. Very happy. Now I can stay in the friction zone or completely engage the clutch with two fingers.

Edited by cw1115 2008-09-06 2:27 PM
Newfie
Posted 2008-09-07 12:08 PM (#17624 - in reply to #17597)

Cruiser

Edmonton, AB
Rebel & cw1115,

Thanks Guys...I think I may just give this a try...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™