You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Front brake pad replacement
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

Rick 106
Posted 2014-10-08 7:39 AM (#167240)
Subject: Front brake pad replacement

Cruiser

Has anyone replaced their brake pads? I looked at youtube and don't find anything on the Vision. Trying to figure out if it is something that I am able to do.
Thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
lstayner
Posted 2014-10-08 7:44 AM (#167241 - in reply to #167240)
Subject: RE: Front brake pad replacement

Tourer

Prairie City, IA United States
Look on Witch Doctors website. He has a video of him changing a set. I am pretty sure all the Victory brakes are the same no matter which model.
Oldman47
Posted 2014-10-08 11:06 AM (#167245 - in reply to #167240)
Subject: Re: Front brake pad replacement

Tourer

Central Illinois
Actually UI did mine and found a lot of the rear brake pad change hints on the witchdoctors site was helpful for a Vision front pads. The front pad change he demos are not much like the fronts on a Vision but if you have reviewed both videos ahead of time you will probably be done in about 30 minutes like I was. For a Vision I found it easier to just take the calipers off the bike and do the swap. Be careful to inspect the ABS routing on the left side. It was not at all intuitive how to route things during the install but I had looked it over very well before removing it.
johnnyvision
Posted 2014-10-08 6:31 PM (#167246 - in reply to #167240)

Visionary

get some break cleaner from auto store. The pin that holds the front of the pads in place put a light coat of anti seize on the pin.

You need a 5/16 allen wrench for the two mounting bolts and a 1/4 inch wrench for the holding pin bolt and one wide flat screw driver to push positions in. Twist screw driver side ways to push positions in.

When done pump up handle lever and "foot" lever. Do Not touch lever when breaks are a part

I found those Handy wipes the girl friend use in the kitchen works great on cleaning the brakes
Rick 106
Posted 2014-10-10 7:44 AM (#167274 - in reply to #167246)

Cruiser

Thanks everyone.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™