You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Left saddlebag allignment
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

rlreed
Posted 2008-08-29 11:21 PM (#17214)
Subject: Left saddlebag allignment

Cruiser

Tavares, Fl
My Vision had the left saddlebag allignment issue. I was planning on taking it to the dealer later on to have it realigned but Tuesday I installed the cb and wiring during which I had to remove the left saddlebag and lid.. When I put it back together it alligns itself perfectly. I have no idea why but it did. If you have this issue try loosening all the bolts in the hinges and see if it corrects the situation....
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Teach
Posted 2008-08-29 11:29 PM (#17217 - in reply to #17214)
Subject: Re: Left saddlebag allignment

Visionary

Very sound advice.....
varyder
Posted 2008-08-29 11:33 PM (#17219 - in reply to #17214)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
Roger, thanks for sharing. I'm waiting for the new doors to come in because of the dimples.
cw1115
Posted 2008-08-30 10:55 AM (#17236 - in reply to #17214)
Subject: RE: Left saddlebag allignment

Visionary

Ruskin, Fl
My left saddlebag is way out of whack. I don't think is was like this when I got the bike. At first I though the connector dangling got closed in the door and tweaked it. I have a very large gap in the front and no gap at all in the rear. Upon closer inspection I think the front hinge is loose at the bottom. What has to come off to get to the hinges? I'm in the mood to take stuff apart today.
Blackjack
Posted 2008-09-22 10:55 PM (#18616 - in reply to #17214)

Tourer

Cottage Grove, Mn
If you open the cover and look at were the weld nuts on the rear hinge come in contact with the inner bag assembly. This causes the cover to push away and come out of alignment when you close the cover. I took a Dremal tool with a cone tip grinder and gently removed some of the inner bag material until the door closed in alignment. It now closes and aligns perfectly. It took me about 5 minutes. Good Luck

Ride Safe
cjnoho
Posted 2008-09-23 2:20 AM (#18624 - in reply to #17214)

Visionary

So Cal
On my rear hinge on the left bag I have one shim in the front a three in the rear and it works great. The hinge looks mangled but it works. I tried shimming evenly with no good results. You have to make sure the hinge can make it's full travel before shimming. I you check out the vision across the pond article, you'll see the best way to adjust everything. The guy is on the ball. Keep checking his updates. I like the way he lowered the rear suspension. Some times the best way to proceed is to step back and look for a while.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™