You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

iPod connection
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

Teach
Posted 2008-04-28 8:54 PM (#9325)
Subject: iPod connection

Visionary

I am a new Vision owner and have a couple question regarding a couple things I read in the owners manual.

1. The owners manual shows and explains how to change out the ipod/aux leads. Should there have been a second lead for the ipod supplied with the bike?

2. The power points in the ipod compartment & trunk. Do I need to purchase some power lead, and where might I get it?

3. Has anyone else had a bad dash panel rattle and how did the dealer or you fix it?

Thanks in advance...... T
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Innkeepers
Posted 2008-04-28 9:18 PM (#9328 - in reply to #9325)
Subject: RE: iPod connection

Cruiser

Puyallup, Washington

Teach - 2008-04-28 5:54 PM I am a new Vision owner and have a couple question regarding a couple things I read in the owners manual. 1. The owners manual shows and explains how to change out the ipod/aux leads. Should there have been a second lead for the ipod supplied with the bike? 2. The power points in the ipod compartment & trunk. Do I need to purchase some power lead, and where might I get it? 3. Has anyone else had a bad dash panel rattle and how did the dealer or you fix it? Thanks in advance...... T

Welcome to the ranks of Vision owners.  We're a pretty happy bunch here and the more the merrier. 

You will have to buy the ipod cable from your dealer.  I think  its cost 39.95.  You can get adapters for the power outlets in the the glove box and trunk here:  http://www.cyclegadgets.com/Products/product.asp?Item=PLUG and many other sites on the net.  If you can't wait (like me), you can probably find the same adapters at your local BMW motorcycle dealer.  That's where I purchased mine and it works great.  Sorry about the rattle, but, I can't help you there.

Safe riding.   Wayne

Carolina Tom
Posted 2008-04-28 9:23 PM (#9329 - in reply to #9325)
Subject: Re: iPod connection

Cruiser

Lexington, North Carolina
Welcome Teach and congrats on the new ride. You have to purchase the ipod cable seperately and an adapter for the for the power supply. The power supply that is there is the BMW style. There have been several posts here before with a link for adapters. Hadn't had the rattle but it does seem like someones mentioned it before?
Teach
Posted 2008-04-28 9:33 PM (#9330 - in reply to #9325)

Visionary

Thanks guys I really appreciate the replies
cjnoho
Posted 2008-04-28 10:00 PM (#9331 - in reply to #9325)

Visionary

So Cal
If its an apple ipod the $39.95 cable is all you need, it also supplies power to the ipod.

The dash rattle. If you grab the chrome bezel around the speedo and pull rearward it will pop off. Its retained by four metal spring clips.
Where the bezel meets the brushed dash panel, I applied a strip of black elec. tape to the bezel half and then re-installed. It was more of a buzzing type rattle on accell. The tape was just enough to insulate the two panels and keep them from vibrating.

I also had a heavier rattle over rough roads that turned out to be the rear plug wire banging against the left body panel. I used a plastic tie strap LOOSELY around the wire to a harness under the body panel. Just enough to keep it away from the panel. Too tight and the EMF from the wire may affect the harness.
varyder
Posted 2008-04-28 10:36 PM (#9340 - in reply to #9331)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
Whew! Thanks guys, I thought the rattle was in my head.
g1nomad
Posted 2008-04-30 12:41 PM (#9395 - in reply to #9340)

Tourer

SC, Bluffton
My dealership put foam tape on the bezel @ my 2,500 mile service. No charge, and it worked.

jwbnh
Posted 2008-09-22 12:33 PM (#18540 - in reply to #9325)

Puddle Jumper

I am currently running my ipod from the original connector. Does anyone know the advantages of the ipod harness? Can I change songs etc from the console?
Rebel
Posted 2008-09-22 1:50 PM (#18548 - in reply to #18540)

Iron Butt

Linwood, MI
jwbnh - 2008-09-22 12:33 PM

Does anyone know the advantages of the ipod harness? Can I change songs etc from the console?

The iPod will cycle on/off with the bike, no need to do it by hand. The bike's charging system will also charge the iPod. You can cycle through songs using the Tuning button and you can access playlists using the radio station preset buttons.
jwbnh
Posted 2008-09-22 5:33 PM (#18577 - in reply to #18548)

Puddle Jumper

thanks rebel that is exactly the info I was hoping for
af goalie
Posted 2008-09-22 5:45 PM (#18579 - in reply to #18577)

Cruiser

Rapid City, SD
What model and generation I-Pod is everyone using? My new Vision will have the cable installed and I would like input from everyone on which I-Pod they are currently using. If I had my choice I would prefer the new generation I-Pod Touch. I already am aware of the Hard Drive incompatibility.

radioteacher
Posted 2008-09-22 10:47 PM (#18615 - in reply to #9325)

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
If you are cheep do what I did. I bought an 4GB iPod Nano from a pawn shop. It was a 3 Generation Nano but they had 2nd Generation Nano's too. It was priced at $90. I tested it in the store and played some songs on it. The controls worked just fine.

I offered him $50 and we settled on $60 for a 3rd Gen 4GB Nano. It is all loaded up with my music and works just fine.

iTunes is free and the Nano I bought came with a USB cable.

Ride Safe,
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™