You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Leaky Clutch Slave
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

bmwrider1954
Posted 2014-10-15 10:53 AM (#167334)
Subject: Leaky Clutch Slave

North Billerica, MA
At 10K miles, my clutch lever felt different. The clutch was engaging just as the lever left the grip.
I checked the fluid reservoir and it was down. Filled it up with Lucas DOT4 and it was better but not right.

I took it to the local dealer and he inspected it. The slave cylinder has a very small leak which causes the pivot lever not to fully rotate. Cost $119- for the cylinder and $100- labor to install. 3 days to get a cylinder from Ma Vic.

My "Victory extended warranty" apparently doesn't cover hydraulics, just power train under specific conditions.
Could it be a waste of money on the "extended" warranty? I'll need to read up on the fine print!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
willtill
Posted 2014-10-15 11:37 AM (#167335 - in reply to #167334)
Subject: Re: Leaky Clutch Slave

Visionary

Central Maryland
The extended warranty is a waste of money. Hell, I couldn't get them to step up to pay for the inner seal that went tits up on my front drive sprocket.

That extended warranty only covers internal components like the crankshaft, pistons, etc.

Or my dealer was just screwing me over, since they can pull in more from a customer paying for the repair; as opposed to them filing it with Ma Vic and getting her to open here purse.
Street Eagle
Posted 2014-10-15 3:28 PM (#167338 - in reply to #167334)

Iron Butt

Manchester, CT
willtill...had the same problem and no, they would not cover it under warranty. I think that the cracked front fender issue says it all...MaVic wouldn't stand behind an engineering defect so getting to honor our warrantees is a pipedream. I'm not saying that they don't cover some issues but its worse than pulling teeth. Next time I purchase a new ride I won't spend my $ on an extended warranty.
RedRider
Posted 2014-10-16 4:21 AM (#167348 - in reply to #167334)

Visionary

Extended warranty covered my rear pulley with cracks in it. The guy that looked at it first thought it was going to be a snowmobile? O.o After they denied the claim I called them. Talked with a very nice guy, he pulled the pics the dumba$$ had taken, asked if I could hold while talked to his manager. He came back and said his manger agreed with him, they would replace and pay for labor but not the bolts. I okay, thank you. I paid for $8 dollars worth of bolts and all was good.
Years ago my slave cylinder $hit the bed in New Haven, CT. It was either Higgin's in MA or LI. Higgin's sent their trailer down, dropped me off at the train station and took Anny back to the shop. 3 days later Higgin's called and said she was all set and Victory reimbursed them for everything including the tow.

Victory and the extended warranty has served me well over the years.
bmwrider1954
Posted 2014-10-17 12:31 PM (#167359 - in reply to #167348)

North Billerica, MA
From what I read on the 6 pages of "Extended Warranty Coverage" from Polaris Star, I have the basic 5 year extended factory power train warranty. This covers only "internally lubricated" parts and labor on the engine, transmission, and drive-train. There are two upgrades to the basic warranty available, perhaps if you pay more $$$ up front, more could be covered down the line. Since the 107 Motor seems to be rock solid, this basic warranty probably won't be used much in the next 5 years.
Denny Pink
Posted 2014-10-17 9:08 PM (#167365 - in reply to #167334)

Cruiser

I bought my 2008 Vision new (with 2 miles) in February 2009, and received a 5 year extended warranty for free! The warranty expired in Feb. 2014 and I never had an occasion to use it. Now with over 40,000 miles, not one problem! These bikes are well made.

Denny Pink
Fort Collins, CO

Edited by Denny Pink 2014-10-17 9:09 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™