You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Wanted to Say Hi...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

jdr00ejr
Posted 2014-11-24 8:18 AM (#168858)
Subject: Wanted to Say Hi...

Cruiser

Indianapolis, IN United States
Hello Everyone. Name's Joshua. I've been lurking for a few days here reading and learning. Thought I'd introduce myself. I'm inheriting a gorgeous 2012 Arlen Ness Vision. I'm losing my father to the nasty C word and he's no longer able to ride. I actually started my riding days on a 1999 Yamaha Royal Star Tour Classic II that I bought off my Dad when he had to have a Harley Ultra Classic.

After a few years I foolishly sold it in favor of a '79 Trans Am fixer upper. I regretted that decision pretty quickly and eventually ended up back on a 1996 Yamaha Royal Star that is still in garage today.

But now with Dad unable to ride, and with the end drawing ever closer, I took over his gorgeous 2012 Ness Vision. What a bike! I've got a lot to learn about the Visions and have come here to learn/read.

Anyway, that's a little about me.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
lstayner
Posted 2014-11-24 9:00 AM (#168859 - in reply to #168858)
Subject: RE: Wanted to Say Hi...

Tourer

Prairie City, IA United States
Welcome to the site Joshua. I am sorry to read that your father is ill. Sounds like he must be a pretty cool guy that you must have spent many hours in the saddle with. He also must be pretty smart since he bought the best motorcycle on the planet as you will learn as time passes.

Spend as much time as you can with your father. Once they are gone, you never get a chance to say the things you wanted to say to him.
Street Eagle
Posted 2014-11-24 10:05 AM (#168860 - in reply to #168858)
Subject: Re: Wanted to Say Hi...

Iron Butt

Manchester, CT
Just lost my Dad 2 weeks ago. 92 and a WWII vet. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Welcome to the world of Victory. You will love every second on and off the bike. Great machine and fellow Victory riders. There are a number of great sites and forums you should check out...VMC, VOG as well as some awesome vendors. Check out the links on the "links" below the title bar on these pages
rdbudd
Posted 2014-11-24 10:09 AM (#168861 - in reply to #168858)

Visionary

Jasper, MO
Welcome Joshua. I'm sorry to hear about your Dad. Spend as much time as you can with him. Say the things you may have been wanting to say, but have held off. Be there for him--all the way. It won't be easy, but it is important.

Ride that bike in his memory and remember all the good times you had with him. Laugh about them with friends. He will always be with you.

I also lost my Dad to cancer.

Enjoy that bike. It is a limited edition (Ness) example of one of the best bikes (Victory Vision) ever made.

Ronnie
efd158
Posted 2014-11-24 2:03 PM (#168864 - in reply to #168858)

Cruiser

Westchester Co., NY
Sorry to hear about your father. I wish him and yourself good luck.
Oldman47
Posted 2014-11-24 4:42 PM (#168866 - in reply to #168858)

Tourer

Central Illinois
Welcome to the forum Joshua. Sorry to hear about your dad. I can think of lots of other ways i would rather get a Vision.
willtill
Posted 2014-11-24 6:52 PM (#168870 - in reply to #168858)

Visionary

Central Maryland
Hi Joshua and welcome to the forum. So sad to hear about your Dad... be strong as you can during this hard time. We're here for you with any questions and concerns you may have about your father's bike; as you get on with it.

Kindest regards,

-Will
Don07tncav
Posted 2014-11-24 6:54 PM (#168871 - in reply to #168858)

Cruiser

Welcome to the site Joshua! Really hate to hear about your dad.
DaleS
Posted 2014-11-24 7:24 PM (#168873 - in reply to #168858)

Puddle Jumper

Loveland, CO United States
Joshua, welcome to the site, but sorry for the circumstances, too, that brought you here. Enjoy the time with your dad because the bike will be there in it's time. I pray that he has peace during this very trying time in his and the family's lives. All sites above are good sites and you should find warm folks on them, too. Take care and ride safe. Share your experiences on the bike with your dad, it might take his mind off of things for a bit of time.

Dale. ><>
jdr00ejr
Posted 2014-11-25 6:15 AM (#168880 - in reply to #168858)

Cruiser

Thanks everyone! We are taking things one day at a time and spending as much time together as we can. Researching the bike is my stress relief to take my mind off things from time to time. Finding a wealth of info here and really appreciate the warm welcome.
TDWheeler
Posted 2014-11-25 10:13 PM (#168895 - in reply to #168858)

Puddle Jumper

Carlisle, PA
Hey Josh. I used to live in Fort Wayne but am in PA now. I serve as a hospice chaplain and I understand a little of what you're going through. May the Lord give you peace and the strength you need through this time. Enjoy that Vision it will always be a wonderful memory of your father I'm sure he'd want you to enjoy it. Ride hard, ride fast, ride safe and keep your eyes on the road and on the one who for the joy set before Him endured the cross. God bless.
Vladezip
Posted 2014-11-26 11:44 AM (#168897 - in reply to #168858)

Glendale, AZ United States
Welcome Joshua. So sorry to hear about your father. Spend as much time as you can with him and tell him you love him often. My father too turned me on to motorcycling. After much persuasion and tag teaming my mother, she finally consented to allowing me to buy my first bike at 19. Unfortunately, I lost my father unexpectedly some years back, but I think of him often. I would love to have just 30 minutes to tell him how I feel and what he meant to me, but that was not to be.

You will love the Ness Vision. Your father gave you the kind of scooter you can keep going for ever and log all kinds of crazy miles on
jdr00ejr
Posted 2014-12-05 7:41 AM (#168999 - in reply to #168897)

Cruiser

So I towed a trailer for the first time ever the other day. I was moving the bike and trailer from Dad's house to my house. Needed some tongue weight as the trailer was empty and bounced around a bit but past that it wasn't as bad as I had feared.

Edited by jdr00ejr 2014-12-05 7:43 AM
Pops
Posted 2014-12-05 9:00 PM (#169004 - in reply to #168858)

Cruiser

Georgia On My Mind.... United States
Hey Joshua!

BEAUTIFUL BIKE!

My God bless you in this difficult time.

I miss my Dad!

He was a WWII and Korea War veteran.

I was lucky enough to inherent all his tools. I'm blessed each time I use his tools to work on my cars and bikes.

You will be blessed with each mile you put on that Vision!
gary1
Posted 2014-12-07 7:01 AM (#169017 - in reply to #168858)

Puddle Jumper

sorry to here about dad lost my dad also 4yearsago to the c. be strong take care. god bless.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™