You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Amp. Install Help....
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

CDN_RN
Posted 2015-04-12 1:38 PM (#171795)
Subject: Amp. Install Help....

Puddle Jumper

I've been running the ever popular Polk speakers on my Vision for a while. In an attempt to get a bit more volume, I am adding a Clarion XC1410. It's as loud now at 12 as it previously was at 22. The porblem is the bass sounds like crap. Is it possible that I wired something incorrectly, or is this amp crap. It's had good reviews everywhere I have looked. I'm ready to yank it, or put the bike back together, just not sure which to do.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Arkainzeye
Posted 2015-04-12 6:10 PM (#171800 - in reply to #171795)
Subject: Re: Amp. Install Help....

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
I just wanted to ask.. are you sure polarity is correct ?
CDN_RN
Posted 2015-04-12 6:30 PM (#171803 - in reply to #171800)

Puddle Jumper

Polarity is correct. I checked that first, even reversed it just to be sure.
Dwight
Posted 2015-04-13 8:01 AM (#171813 - in reply to #171795)

Cruiser

I also have a polk speaker system, and RF amp. I am sorry to say my system is also poor for bass. I do have great mid and tweeters but the bass is just a disappointment. I think the only way to really remedy is to go to a 3 way or add a sub. D
icemann
Posted 2015-04-13 8:56 PM (#171834 - in reply to #171795)

Cruiser

, OH
I can try to help. need more accurate info. How are you connecting the amp to the radio? Are you using high level line converters or does the amp have high level inputs? any switches AP LP HP? or knobs? If the radio is not connected to the amp what are you using for source a phone? is the music from the radio, or a downloaded MP3? whats the quality of the MP3? Ive seen some really bad copies.. crap in = crappier out. Which popular polk speakers are you using? is the power handling of the polks being out done by the amp? lastly do the polks have capacitors on them between the speaker terminals? if so those are bass freq blockers...
Dwight
Posted 2015-04-13 9:54 PM (#171835 - in reply to #171795)

Cruiser

The polks I am using do have a capacitor set between the terminals, which I am sure are used for what you are talking about, blocking..not sure how to get around the blocking. I bet that CDNRNs are the same.
icemann
Posted 2015-04-16 12:23 AM (#171897 - in reply to #171795)

Cruiser

, OH
just cut one lead off the capacitor on one speaker to test it. You an always solder it back
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™