You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Touch up paint for 2011 Pearl White Vision
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

KTB
Posted 2011-06-02 11:11 AM (#87784)
Subject: Touch up paint for 2011 Pearl White Vision

New user

I am very disappointed with Victory and their customer service. About a month ago I brought my Pearl White Vision. This past week I got a small paint chip out of the front fender on a 200 mile ride up in PA. When I called my dealer to purchase a bottle of touch paint the only size that is available for the pearl white vision is a quart size for $99. That is completely unacceptable when all someone needs is a couple of drops. I doubt there is even a whole quart of paint on the entire bike. When you are paying $21000 plus for a motorcycle you would think that you could at least get the supplies you need to be able to keep your bike looking good. Does anyone have any suggestions? Why would Victory deny their customers simple supplies to keep their bikes looking good? It just makes them look bad as a company.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
SYNSTR
Posted 2011-06-02 12:22 PM (#87790 - in reply to #87784)
Subject: Re: Touch up paint for 2011 Pearl White Vision

Iron Butt

Mt. Vernon, WASH.
I'd suggest you visit a hot rod or custom painter in the area and talk with them. Pearls are as tough as metallics to match as everyone has their own secret batch of ingredients that make up the paint. You might also talk with the counter folks @ the auto body and paint supplier store in your area or town, they are the experts on matching paints especially if they are a big dealer or jobber as they sell all sorts of custom mixes to shops and builders.
Buying a 3 oz. bottle of 'touch up paint' @ the local POOP BOYS may aggrivate the issue as the 'new' paint could stick out like a flashlight in a dark basement due to tonal or tint differences.
Go talk with the pros it'll be cheaper and more satisfying to you in the long run, it might be simpler and easier if you just have the entire fender repainted instead of 'spotting' the chips, the human eye will 'compensate' if the entire area is uniform in appearance and not speckled like a turkey egg. I'd wait until Winter to do it as you're liable to aquire more dings while riding this Summer. Of course you could place a sign on the dash like the one I have on my Black 63 T Bird that reads 'dings and chips proves I rides this bitch'. If I'm @ a cruise, I mentally award the car owner an extra 5 points for driving the car and not keeping it in a padded trailer!

Good luck-and welcome aboard!!!

Edited by SYNSTR 2011-06-02 12:26 PM
MaddMAx2u
Posted 2011-06-02 4:47 PM (#87809 - in reply to #87784)

Iron Butt

Orlando, FL
+1

Somebody in your town has the talent to mix the paint you need. The issue might be the small quantity. So the next thought is......have you considered trying to buff it out?
SYNSTR
Posted 2011-06-02 7:08 PM (#87816 - in reply to #87784)

Iron Butt

Mt. Vernon, WASH.
Last time I checked, chips will not 'buff out' that's like saying 'I'll just buff the dent out of the fender' and I've already pretty much given him the best leads to professionally correct the blemish.
MaddMAx2u
Posted 2011-06-02 7:20 PM (#87817 - in reply to #87784)

Iron Butt

Orlando, FL
Yes, of course O great and mighty SYNSTER~! You have of course "given him the best leads to professionally correct the blemish" and how dare I or anyone for that matter say anything after your greatness has spoken. I bow to you with great humility and fart-ness. Thank you for honoring us your ass-ness.
BLK08
Posted 2011-06-02 8:30 PM (#87824 - in reply to #87784)
Subject: RE: Touch up paint for 2011 Pearl White Vision

Puddle Jumper

Lynchburg Virginia

Sounds to me like you have a valid point. What is a dealer to do if a customer has a new bike that gets a scratch? Replace the entire part because of a small scratch?

Edited by BLK08 2011-06-02 8:34 PM
texasgrumpy
Posted 2011-06-03 7:11 AM (#87846 - in reply to #87784)

Cruiser

I had no problem getting the touch up bottle for my 2010 pearl white of course the dealer had to order it but had it in less than a week.
MidMoVic
Posted 2011-06-03 8:28 AM (#87849 - in reply to #87784)

Puddle Jumper

I got the same concerns, sooner or later I will need some touchup.
But bigger than that, is the quality paint job or lack of. Take a look at the
edges where the mold seams are I think Victory could of sanded down
the edges just alittle and painted around the edge some more. I have a black
line where the paint didn't stick and it does show. On a dark colored bike it
might not be a issue but on the pearl it shows up big time. I didnt notice it untill
I got my Vision home and started looking it over.
If I had it to do over white would not be my choice of color. But I am going to take
it back to the dealer as soon as I get a chance to point out my problem.

MidMoVic
MaddMAx2u
Posted 2011-06-03 8:37 AM (#87850 - in reply to #87784)

Iron Butt

Orlando, FL
MidMoVic, hope the dealer does you right and fixes the poor paint job.
MidMoVic
Posted 2011-06-03 9:11 AM (#87854 - in reply to #87784)

Puddle Jumper

Here is a pic of what I am talking about

(bad paint job.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments bad paint job.jpg (56KB - 0 downloads)
IndyVision
Posted 2011-06-03 9:38 AM (#87855 - in reply to #87784)

Tourer

I've worked at two factories that do molding and painting. Defects occur, many cannot be detected until the parts are painted. Standards are set in place for what the "average" person would notice and not accept, A-B-C-D surfaces as an example. The best thing to do is file a complaint with your dealer for the mold defect so Victory is aware of the situation and the defect can be reviewed. Parts make it out of the plant with defects that fail specification because we rely on the human eye to catch things. For chipped paint, same thing. Notify the dealer so an investigation can occur. There is a certain amount of resistance the paint should have to chipping. It could be possible the undercoat isn't sufficient. My dealer told me Victory wants people to file claims, it's the only way they find out about problems.
KTB
Posted 2011-06-03 4:47 PM (#87884 - in reply to #87846)

New user

Texasgrumpy,

I am interested what dealership was able to get you that touch up paint? What size bottle was the touch up paint? I am wondering if the 2010 Pearl White and the 2011 Pearl White are the same color. Because since you where able to get if for your 2010 I don't see why they say I can't get it for my 2011 unless the color is different. Thanks for any info you can provide. Have a good weekend.

Kris
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™