You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Winterizing...and Vision parts...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

rodog
Posted 2008-12-06 6:15 PM (#24656)
Subject: Winterizing...and Vision parts...

Cruiser

Shelby Twp. MI
This is a ? for those that have went through a winter with the vision.....any issues with pitting or anything else after a winter kept bike in a non heated garage.....I ask cuase after my 1st winter with my HD....I was so dissapointed with the parts they use on thier bikes all the untreated parts...I had so much pitting on the bike so much the stock wheels were toast after the 1st one.....well that ride is gone and just wondering...i have the 09 tour premium......
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Bubba
Posted 2008-12-07 8:24 AM (#24668 - in reply to #24656)
Subject: RE: Winterizing...and Vision parts...

Cruiser

rodog - 2008-12-06 5:15 PM

This is a ? for those that have went through a winter with the vision.....any issues with pitting or anything else after a winter kept bike in a non heated garage.....I ask cuase after my 1st winter with my HD....I was so dissapointed with the parts they use on thier bikes all the untreated parts...I had so much pitting on the bike so much the stock wheels were toast after the 1st one.....well that ride is gone and just wondering...i have the 09 tour premium......

Don't have a Vision, but have parked my 3 Vics in an unheated garage since 00. Made the mistake on putting a cover on the 00C the first year, had lots of chrome start pitting. If you also park a car, when the road turds from the snow melt, it causes moisture in the air, ours has salt in it to make matters worse. The cover will keep moisture underneath it longer than the rest of the garage, so I stopped using a cover. Then was told by a friend to coat all the chrome with WD40. This works great and protects the chrome and comes off easily when cleaned in the spring. Hope this helps

Edited by Bubba 2008-12-07 8:25 AM
metalguy
Posted 2008-12-08 12:42 AM (#24693 - in reply to #24656)
Subject: Re: Winterizing...and Vision parts...

Tourer

Tacoma, WA
The wheels on the Vision are powder coated, so they should fare fine in a garage.------Metalguy
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™