You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

moniker in threads
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

witchbiker
Posted 2009-01-24 9:49 AM (#27445)
Subject: moniker in threads

Cruiser

Barefoot Bay, FL United States
I would still like to know how to change the title of each of us in the postings . Some of us are "Barhoppers" some are "Cruisers", etc. How do I go in and change the name? I know it's silly but it just bugs me, cause I don't even remember where or when it asked to put it in!!! I've been into 'control panel', and there is no link to change the title. I don't do "BARHOPPIN" when I'm ridin'.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Crawford
Posted 2009-01-24 9:58 AM (#27446 - in reply to #27445)
Subject: Re: moniker in threads

Tourer

Regina Saskatchewan Canada
Your title is based on how many times have posted, not sure what breakdowns are. I believe a hundred posts is the first change. The change is automatic.

Jedi Jeff
Posted 2009-01-27 7:15 AM (#27667 - in reply to #27445)
Subject: RE: moniker in threads

Fountain Inn, SC United States
The monikers are rankings for the number of posts each user has made. You can't change them other than to post more.
buddahead
Posted 2009-01-27 11:47 AM (#27679 - in reply to #27445)

Cruiser

SF Bay Area
Could be worse... you could be a bar fly. :^)
rmclarty
Posted 2009-01-27 11:56 AM (#27682 - in reply to #27445)

Cruiser

Sugar Land, TX (Outside of Houston)
You see - You can get your post count up by replying to someone with nothing really important to say (oops - I went up another post count)
varyder
Posted 2009-01-27 12:32 PM (#27683 - in reply to #27682)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA

rmclarty - 2009-01-27 11:56 AM You see - You can get your post count up by replying to someone with nothing really important to say (oops - I went up another post count)

Based on my post count it would be hard to imagine that I could rack up 33,700 miles in 14 months time, as when would I find time to ride? The key is the rapid fire ability to respond to posts either as a passing interjector or a true response to the topic, sometimes indistiguishable. Having crossed the 1K mark a few months ago, I was duly awarded a bib award for useless dripple on a forum, which I would wear proudly if I had actually recieved it. What has to be cautioned against is making a forum, a chatroom, which Vision-Riders has but not used much, at least not that I know of. The number two poster, Polittle, was warned over a year ago that this was not a chatroom which to no avail and he continued to converse with Buckeye and CJ in chatroom like fashion here on the forum.

Now, I'm proned to long posts verses breaking them out as other do, and by that factor, should I do that I would have a much higher post count than I do, but hey, once you reach Visionary the only thing left to achieve is being banned from the forum, or getting more stars, or actually less, just different colors.

By far, this is the best forum out there for motorcycles, but it is also the only one that I know of that demands staying true to the intent, which is a good thing. The thevmc.com website is by far the most diverse motorcycle forum that remains popular among Victory riders and it is obvious that there is a strong comradery among a lot of posters.  I believe JAM and miles had a hand in creating that forum as well, but it is a club unlike Vision-Riders. TheVMC will show your moniker, but not your count, but that don't really matter, does it?

Then you have (unpaid plug) the Victory-Riders.com that allows you to customize your experience but folks are slow to moving over there, though there is a fair following. There are actually several other Vision specific forums and I actually joined one of them before this one, but it seemed like there was only two Vision owners at the time and all they were talking about was what color you bike is and did you ride today. When I stumbled upon Vision-Riders I began to read post by Pollolittle and Buckeye and would die laughing over Vespa accusations and running around ungarbed.

So there I go again with useless babble, but compelled to share a little history for some new comers.

For rmclarty: With that I change topic for a quick interjection. rmclarty, which Vic dealer do you deal with in Sugarland? When I went through Houston in November, I stopped at one just south of Houston, I wasn't too impressed. I saw the Polaris dealer first and stopped to asked where the nearest Victory dealer was and all he tried to do is get me to buy a GoldWing. I laughed at him when he told me that the Vision looked like a hammerhead shark and told him, that's quite all right, it brought me 1,200 miles in 19 hours with no problem. That shut his mouth but he gave me lame directions to the Victory dealership, which when I did finally find it, it was more of a Yamaha-Suzuki-go cart, ATV outfit and didn't impress me much of being a Vic dealer. Just curious for the next time I zip through later this year.

Edited by varyder 2009-01-27 12:35 PM
edradio
Posted 2009-01-27 12:52 PM (#27687 - in reply to #27445)

Cruiser

Las Vegas, Nevada USA baby!
VaRyder,
I think you have now become "Rambling Man". hardy har

But every word is true lad, every word. Well at least most every word.

I don't know what I'd do, if I came to this site and their was no "personality" that I have grown accustomed to.

It took me a while to figure out the stars, and the monikers too, however I guess I'm one of us who really didn't let it get under my skin. I also NEVER drink when riding. It just don't make sense to impair myself while riding.

However since I've been riding since 1965, I have heard some m/c enthusiasts (bikers without the "biker" mindset) refer to those riders who only go for weekend "putts" as "barhoppers". Not neccessarily meaning that they drank beers when they rode.

It's just a "biker saying" that folk must put up with until you could prove that; "Yes, I ride many miles regularly for riding's sake and have racked up many miles doing so"! That means you are past barhopper, and then you can call another "newbys" that until they proves themselves with a rack-up of miles or posts.

Does all that make sense?

I Go Now...

EdRadio

Edited by edradio 2009-01-27 12:55 PM
varyder
Posted 2009-01-27 1:13 PM (#27689 - in reply to #27687)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA

ed, funny you should call me that, when I was in highschool, when cb's were popular my handle was Ramblin' Rebel, because I couldn't sit in one place long. I guess I could be a poster child for ADHD, or whatever that hyperlink thing is called when you can't sit still.

They also called me Cap'n Nemo, after my Jules Verne hero that was some what of a mystery. Though I was freshman, I hung out with the junior and seniors, which was cool cause no one messed with me. It did make things rough in my senior year as all my friends were already graduated doing other things. That left to be somewhat of a lone wolf, and much like Nemo. You know I'm there, but you never see me, and I wreak havoc wherever I go.

donetracey
Posted 2009-01-27 3:26 PM (#27699 - in reply to #27445)

Visionary

Pitt Meadows, BC Canada

Here is THE award we all strive for - as given to Chris and Chickenman - the prestigious Golden Bib Award for the best drool as exhibited by VARYDER's recent slobber. Take a bow, Chris!!!!

(Golden Bib Award1.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Golden Bib Award1.jpg (56KB - 0 downloads)
buddahead
Posted 2009-01-27 8:29 PM (#27720 - in reply to #27682)

Cruiser

SF Bay Area
rmclarty - 2009-01-27 8:56 AM

You see - You can get your post count up by replying to someone with nothing really important to say (oops - I went up another post count)

Exactly.
radioteacher
Posted 2009-01-27 8:52 PM (#27721 - in reply to #27445)

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
What is this post about? Never mind I just posted to add to my count.
varyder
Posted 2009-01-27 9:55 PM (#27723 - in reply to #27721)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
radioteacher - 2009-01-27 8:52 PM What is this post about? Never mind I just posted to add to my count. I think it is about monica wearing a thread.... no, that's over in the motivational posters...
SongFan
Posted 2009-01-28 2:59 PM (#27772 - in reply to #27445)

Visionary

Memphis

Photobucket

Monika in threads.

VisionBoy
Posted 2009-01-28 4:19 PM (#27776 - in reply to #27445)

Puddle Jumper

west bend, wi
It is at times like this while mindlessly reading threads that I have absolutely no interest in that I find my self wandering back to ‘Motivational Posters' in my mind – Super Steel Grey, Black, Midnight Cherry, Black, Midnight Cherry, Chrome, Super Steel Grey, Ice Blue ahhhh…….
rmclarty
Posted 2009-01-28 4:48 PM (#27779 - in reply to #27683)

Cruiser

Sugar Land, TX (Outside of Houston)
4 Score and Seven Years Ago ... OK - I Hesitate to Articulate my True Course of Rectitude.

Anyway - I bought my Vic at Team Mancuso Power Sports on the SW Freeway (US 59) down near Sugar Land. You may have gone to the one on I-45 South.

You are right - The new Mega Dealerships in Houston seem to be a conglomarate of many different makes of bikes. Team Mancuso sells Yamaha, Victory, Choppers and such. But I have been pretty happy with their service so far (If you discount the greasy handprints two services ago).

Richard
varyder
Posted 2009-01-28 6:01 PM (#27786 - in reply to #27779)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA

rmclarty - 2009-01-28 4:48 PM 4 Score and Seven Years Ago ... OK - I Hesitate to Articulate my True Course of Rectitude. Anyway - I bought my Vic at Team Mancuso Power Sports on the SW Freeway (US 59) down near Sugar Land. You may have gone to the one on I-45 South. You are right - The new Mega Dealerships in Houston seem to be a conglomarate of many different makes of bikes. Team Mancuso sells Yamaha, Victory, Choppers and such. But I have been pretty happy with their service so far (If you discount the greasy handprints two services ago). Richard

I was on 59 so it had to be Mancuso one, is in an old merchandise store next to an Advance Auto, close to a medical center????

I don't know much about them other than they didn't greet me though two dudes that looked like they worked there was chatting at the door, and the parts department said they don't stock much accessories for the Vision when I asked about the trunk rack flag mount. They didn't have much good to say about the Corpus dealer when I asked if there was one there. So when I left, I wondered why I wasted my time to stop. They didn't even have cool Victory T-shirts, at least one I would like, long-sleeve black. In fact I asked if they had any valve stem caps and all they had was a $12.00 or close to it, set. So I went to Advance Auto and got 4 chrome ones for a buck.

Next time I come to Texas I hope to plan better as I wanted to ride with some of the lone star riders and even the ones in the hills of tennesee, but I found myself on a mission that didn't even allow for a cup of coffee. My son lives down my McAllen and I tried to maximize my time, even though I was riding, 3 days with him and the family, 5 days on the road, whew!

witchbiker
Posted 2009-01-29 8:49 AM (#27832 - in reply to #27445)

Cruiser

Barefoot Bay, FL United States
"Bar Hopper" forever, he said, with little more to say!!
Probie
Posted 2009-01-29 10:14 AM (#27834 - in reply to #27445)

Cruiser

guelph ontario
Speaking of Victory dealers who are treating Victory as a 3rd class product-I was at dealer in Ohio last year and asked about the Visions-he had not even heard of them. Shocking-common Polaris-lets get these guys up to snuff. From the sounds of things there is still a long way to go for some dealerships. If you cant offer a good experience for a brand or dont care or dont know about your products-give up the franchise and let some other dealers pick them up who are interested.
varyder
Posted 2009-01-29 11:48 AM (#27846 - in reply to #27834)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
Probie, that's the problem, who would pick up Victory? With dealers so few and far between and then closing, I don't see that happening anytime soon. I know my dealer is exclusive to Victory and we were talking about mixed dealers and the risk. Someone who is not cycle savy walks in wanting to buy a motorcycle and sees a $17K vic next to a $9K ricer, which do you think he'll buy? I see Vic has a true following to pay the price to ride. One I'm glad to be part of I might add.  

Edited by varyder 2009-01-29 11:55 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™