You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Hotbike Cover
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

graybeard
Posted 2008-03-17 7:43 PM (#7036)
Subject: Hotbike Cover

Cruiser

NW Illinois
Anyone seen the latest cover of Hotbike magazine? Is it just me or are there some similarities between their stretched out chopped street glide and the Vision
Notice the lines of the tank, the pulled back bars and those rounded off saddlebags.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
varyder
Posted 2008-03-20 6:07 AM (#7096 - in reply to #7036)
Subject: RE: Hotbike Cover

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
Sure, I glanced at it. I think they are keying off something that a motorcycle is less prone to do and that is to make it look like it has fenderskirts. The Vision has done an excellent job of this, and I think you'll see some mimics out there in the custom arena. Give HD a little while and they figure something out and stick something on the market, maybe from the V-rod, since that was the "new" Harley. One thing you can say about Harley, "To thine own self be true..."

But at first glance I thought someone was trying to make a custom Vision, but when you lose the front, it is no longer a Vision, because that is part of the whole engineering. I'm sure there is more mimics coming this some to a custom shop near you, as well as aftermarket tranformations.
cjnoho
Posted 2008-03-21 1:43 AM (#7139 - in reply to #7036)
Subject: Re: Hotbike Cover

Visionary

So Cal
The new issue of Baggers has a writeup on the Vision. It wasnt positive. You could tell they bias & closed minded.
Codfather
Posted 2008-03-21 3:24 PM (#7146 - in reply to #7036)

Cruiser

cjnoho Which issue of Baggers is that.
cjnoho
Posted 2008-03-21 8:07 PM (#7153 - in reply to #7036)

Visionary

So Cal
May 2008. He mentioned he liked the motor & trans, then proceeded to nit-pick everything else.
cjnoho
Posted 2008-03-21 8:20 PM (#7156 - in reply to #7036)

Visionary

So Cal
Who cares what they think. Judging by Chandler Tom's gallery, the women like it!!!!!
sandman
Posted 2008-03-22 2:40 PM (#7174 - in reply to #7036)

Cruiser

rhode island
Vision Envie strikes again!
Someone should start a victory mag. I nominate P.B.R!
P.S the last time baggers tested the vision tour they said it was one hell of a touring bike, with much to like.

Edited by sandman 2008-03-22 2:55 PM
cjnoho
Posted 2008-03-22 11:23 PM (#7180 - in reply to #7036)

Visionary

So Cal
Seems like he was blaming the Vision for not being something he was used to riding (HD?) It was the bikes fault he wasnt used to riding it.
I took my HD out today and couldnt believe the difficulty I had, this is a bike I have put 60k on. It required a whole diffrent set of muscles I dont use anymore on the Vision. Its not the bikes fault. As they say, dont shoot the messenger.
varyder
Posted 2008-03-22 11:31 PM (#7182 - in reply to #7180)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
cjnoho - 2008-03-22 11:23 PM

Seems like he was blaming the Vision for not being something he was used to riding (HD?) It was the bikes fault he wasnt used to riding it.
I took my HD out today and couldnt believe the difficulty I had, this is a bike I have put 60k on. It required a whole diffrent set of muscles I dont use anymore on the Vision. Its not the bikes fault. As they say, dont shoot the messenger.

I shared in different post that I was out on the GL1500 and it is one difficult ride. I believe that anyone could ride the Vision who has riden anything else with any level of skill. That is what makes the Vision all the better. It's like using a computer verses a manual typewriter; who would want to go back except for the sake of nostalga? I believe the Vision will cause all manufacturers to reengineer all their mainline cruisers and tourer bikes.
cjnoho
Posted 2008-03-23 2:00 AM (#7187 - in reply to #7036)

Visionary

So Cal
Do you remember going from your GL1500 to the Vision? Im betting it didnt take long to get used to. But, going back to the GL took some effort. Every bike you ride is going to have some issuses, handling is definately not one of them with the Vision. Going from familiar to unfamiliar takes time. Ive never had aqn easier time than with the Vision.
How many remember their demo ride?
varyder
Posted 2008-03-23 6:50 AM (#7188 - in reply to #7187)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
Let me be the first to answer your question about remembering the first demo ride. Ever since I got on my '81 750 Honda Custom I knew I wanted to always ride. I set my sights on a GoldWing because I wanted the open road ride, not just scootin' around town. Of course my dream was not materialize until twenty some years later. When I finally got my '84 Gl1200 GoldWing little more than two years ago, I loved it. But something was missing. One, it just still wasn't big enough, nor did it ride low enough. Harley was definitely was not the way I wanted to go, though they sat low enough, but I wanted to be different. I had heard the Indian was making yet another return and begin studying that fine machine. I like the looks of the Indian and they sat low, the Chief is one fine bike. I had been in the Victory dealer a few times to buy gloves and such but never thought about a Victory, just something had not hit me yet. I would study the Kingpin when I would drop in and drool a little at that low riding handsome bagger. Yet, I begin to set my sights on a GoldWing GL1800. Bagged but not low, I felt I was being forced to "settle" yet again for something only "close" to what I wanted. I entertained the idea at the Victory dealer about getting an Indian and I was promptly brought to reality. Lotsa money, and very little support, and by the way, where's the nearest dealer, were some of the key points of argument. My mind drifted back to the Wing again, because I wanted big and for the open road for the long haul and that seemed to be the only thing that fit the bill. My wife liked the security the bags gave her on a GoldWing and she felt she was too open on the other bikes if she was to ride, so that brought in another issue to settle for.

I don't recall if I found the Vision while doing some Victory research, but on one visited to the Victory dealer it was mentioned the Vision was coming. The more I looked at this bike, low riding, and for the open road, it seems to fit the bill to a T, and it was different. So when I heard it was coming to demo, I made sure I would be there to take a ride. The weekend prior, I stopped by and demo'ed a Kingpin, which I thought was sweet. I begin to gain an appreciation for Victory, but what would the Vision be like? The following weekend I was there. My first thoughts were, this bike is huge and I'm going to dump it. I'll never be able to ride and I'll stay with my GL1200 or another Wing. As I saddled up, the dash looked far away, but what did that matter, and where was the front wheel? If I get this thing, it will take weeks to get used to it, but I was starting to want to learn. When I saw the Vision in person, it was a work of art, beautiful and well sculpted, the pictures never did it justice. My feet touched the ground when I sat on it and it had a good lean feel that didn't make me think I would drop it. Still there was the navigation of it out of the parking lot. Soon throttles were rolling and wheels turnin' I begin to wonder if this was real. I felt like I was part of this bike, not sitting on it. The dash was perfectly situated, and the bigness fell off the Vision in an instant. We took out on the interstate and some back roads and not once did I feel intimidated. I've always enjoyed riding, but this was the first time I enjoyed the motorcycle along with it, and I begin to set my sights on the Vision, and the rest is history.
varyder
Posted 2008-03-23 6:53 AM (#7189 - in reply to #7187)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
As far as the GL1500, I've only ridden this bike maybe the equivalent of a month. This thing is what drove me to get the Vision sooner. I have never felt this akward on a bike than the GL1500. The floorboards would have had to come off if was to keep it. The engine makes the riding boards out too wide and I feel as though I'm riding an elephant. It feels top heavy and I feel like it's going over everytime. I'm sure if I had more time on it, it would be different, but I'll never go back unless that is all that is left in world to ride. Anyone want to buy a GL1500?

cjnoho - 2008-03-23 2:00 AM

Do you remember going from your GL1500 to the Vision? Im betting it didnt take long to get used to. But, going back to the GL took some effort. Every bike you ride is going to have some issuses, handling is definately not one of them with the Vision. Going from familiar to unfamiliar takes time. Ive never had aqn easier time than with the Vision.
How many remember their demo ride?
PalmBeachRider
Posted 2008-03-23 8:03 PM (#7221 - in reply to #7174)

Cruiser

Florida
sandman - 2008-03-22 2:40 PM

Someone should start a victory mag. I nominate P.B.R!

Thanks Sandman. Maybe I'll think about that one!

PBR
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™