You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Chrome finish on the handrails anyone?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

nailer
Posted 2009-10-21 7:53 AM (#46311)
Subject: Chrome finish on the handrails anyone?

Tourer

Albuquerque, NM
I was searching for a company that could chrome the handrails but since they are plastic, the only other solutions are:

Vacuum metalized finish - Requires a baking step in which the hand rails may become deformed. (not willing to take that chance)

Chrome Paint - I found that Alsa Corp is supposed to be the industry leader in this arena. I conacted them in CA and got the name/address of 3 shops in the state that can spray their ChromeFX paint. (alsacorp.com) They also have a spray can kit that I may try for $115 called
the Killer Chrome Kit. It's a 3 step process: basecoat, chrome paint, clearcoat. I will post pics of the results next month.

http://www.alsacorp.com/killercans.htm

Edited by Black08Vision 2009-10-21 7:58 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mfoster
Posted 2009-10-21 10:02 AM (#46324 - in reply to #46311)
Subject: Re: Chrome finish on the handrails anyone?

Cruiser

I believe it is VaParadox that does this (member of this site). It is certainly done and the pics I saw look great. Hang in there until he sees your post (or whoever it was that offered it).
Vision4
Posted 2009-10-21 1:40 PM (#46342 - in reply to #46311)
Subject: RE: Chrome finish on the handrails anyone?

New user

Hi, I just goined this web site. So I'm new here and just saw your posting. I ordered my Vision from Miles Outland in Watkins Mn. Feb. 4th 2007. All I saw was a photo of one that day and know I had to have one. I talked to at that time it was Curt the genaral sells manager. He told me if I wanted one of the first ones to hit the streets I need to put a deposit on one right then. He already had three on order and if I wanted a 2008 Vision in 07 I had to do it that day! So I gave him the deposit, ordered most of the chrome, got the stage1 kit for it, and started waiting for it to come. When it finnally got here Sept.28th it was lacking it premium package. I was told it would come in sometime around the first of the year. About the middle of Feb. it still hadn't got here. I was talking to Curt and ask if he could find a place for me to get the passnger floor bords and the handrails chrome for me while we were waiting for the rest of the chrome to come in. He said sure so I took the the Vision to the shop so Fred could take the parts off to be chromed. At that time we did not know the handrails were plastic! Curt called me and told me what was going on, and that he had done some checking and found three shops that would chrome plastic and aluminum but it was fairly exspencive around $600.00 to $800.00 dollars for the four pices! I told i'd pay the price and to get it done. So Fred did some filing on all the pices so when they got chromed they would fit. Their were three places at that time that would do plastic two in Ca. and one in N.Y. He sent them to one in Ca. it cost me $800.00 but they sure look great and they don't scratch like the painted ones. And as far as I know I'm the only Vision owner with Chrome Handrails!!!!!!!!! But Miles Outland w
might be able to tell to where they sent them. But I'm not sure because Curt doesn't work their any more! Good Luck from Vision4
VaParadox
Posted 2009-10-21 2:17 PM (#46343 - in reply to #46311)

Iron Butt

Richmond, Virginia
Vision4 We have been chroming the passenger hand rails for a year now. Several people on this site have my chrome handrails on their Visions. We chrome, we DO NOT use chrome spray paint. Anyone interested please email me directly as I am not on this site very much anymore ( im too busy chroming things ha ha ha). Email to VaParadox@aol.com and I will give you whatever information you need including pricing etc. Also photos as well

Mac.
nailer
Posted 2009-10-21 4:29 PM (#46347 - in reply to #46343)

Tourer

Albuquerque, NM
$800...yikes! I bet it sure looks nice if you've got the other chrome ad ons. I think I'd rather spend that kind of money towards a kevinx cam party.

Sent VaParadox and email to see what he charges.

thanks

Edited by Black08Vision 2009-10-21 4:31 PM
varyder
Posted 2009-10-21 4:50 PM (#46350 - in reply to #46311)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
to think that folk feel that $400 is too much for a functional dash organizer...
ez chair
Posted 2009-10-21 8:52 PM (#46365 - in reply to #46350)

Cruiser

Maine
I have a set of chrome rails on my vision from vaparadox. Their great, cost was under $300.00. He was a great person to do business with. I have added a leather wrap between the numbs for passenger comfort and added protection from scratches.
Vision4
Posted 2009-10-22 12:07 PM (#46390 - in reply to #46311)

New user

the $800. was for the handrails and the floor boards all 4 piceies cost me $800. and that was before anyone had chrome handrails
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™