You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Soap?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

Rakk17
Posted 2010-01-04 12:51 PM (#50674)
Subject: Soap?

Puddle Jumper

Any specific soap you guys recommend washing my new black Vision with? Going to try the Turtle Wax Ice but was curious if there was a better soap to use .
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Lotzafun
Posted 2010-01-04 2:55 PM (#50682 - in reply to #50674)
Subject: Re: Soap?

Iron Butt

Rockford, IL
While I'm sure you will get many replies stating that "brand xxx soap is the BEST because I use it" but in reality you are going to find the BEST answer here http://www.autopia.org/ it's a web site of detailing fanatics. More than tons of great information on it.

Edited by Lotzafun 2010-01-04 2:57 PM
varyder
Posted 2010-01-04 3:28 PM (#50684 - in reply to #50674)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
what is this mysterious washing you speak of and this thing called soap?
ruttrow
Posted 2010-01-04 4:03 PM (#50686 - in reply to #50682)

Cruiser

Illinois
Lotzafun - 2010-01-04 2:55 PM

While I'm sure you will get many replies stating?that "brand xxx soap is the BEST because I use it" but in reality you are going to find the BEST answer here http://www.autopia.org/ it's a web site of detailing fanatics. More than tons of great information on it.

Also, http://www.autogeek.net

Edited by ruttrow 2010-01-04 4:04 PM
radioteacher
Posted 2010-01-04 4:48 PM (#50688 - in reply to #50684)

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
varyder - 2010-01-04 3:28 PM

what is this mysterious washing you speak of and this thing called soap?

varyder,

Man I am just as confused as you on this one. I hope someone out there can help them out.

Ok....I will confess.

Hi, My name is Paul and I "Washed my Vision" last week. ("Helllllo Paul")

Well it was like this......I had family in town for a whole week.....and in a moment of weakness I just went to the car wash. It is like the Vision took me there! ("Be strong now")

Thanks, well my choice was to either wash the Vision or watch the same episode of a bunch of people trying really hard to kill themselves by climbing to the top of Mount Everest that I saw a few hours ago.

So, I pressure washed almost three months of bugs, mud and grime from the bike.

Then I went home and used a generic "Honda Polish" and made the Vision shine like new.

I hope that the clean will last longer this time since I would rather ride then clean the bike.

Gosh, I feel better now getting that off of my chest.

Ride Safe!

Edited by radioteacher 2010-01-04 4:51 PM
donetracey
Posted 2010-01-04 5:04 PM (#50690 - in reply to #50674)

Visionary

Pitt Meadows, BC Canada
And a clean Vision just plain attracts TOO much attention - thus detracting from riding time while trying to avoid the admirerers.....
Rakk17
Posted 2010-01-04 6:53 PM (#50698 - in reply to #50674)

Puddle Jumper

*smacks head* I have to kill you all now. Stay where you are, I'm coming.....
exharleyrider
Posted 2010-01-04 7:15 PM (#50702 - in reply to #50674)

Cruiser

if it is nice enough to clean it it is nice enough to ride it. no brainer. i'm waiting at the wawa. i'll be the one on thevision. come get me.
radioteacher
Posted 2010-01-04 8:15 PM (#50707 - in reply to #50674)

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
Rakk17,

I used Turtle Wax Ice on the truck and the car and ..... I hated it. It looked good for a few weeks but I can always get a good six months out of a good paste wax or premium liquid wax.

Check out this thread http://www.vision-riders.com/bb/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=3327

and this link for polish advice. http://www.ffcobra.com/magazine/waxtest.html

Have fun!
RedRider
Posted 2010-01-05 8:35 PM (#50786 - in reply to #50674)

Visionary

While on the road I use Watermelon scented baby shampoo. Good enough for everyone elses' baby, good enough for mine. I like the brand that comes in a plastic bottle shaped like a fish. Never had one of those open up on me yet.
I do like the Victory bike wash when home and it has some polish in it too.
I like to take her to the cemetery and use the old fashion hand pump well water. I park under this big maple tree. Nice and quiet and no one complains if I use too much water.
Hope this helps.
exharleyrider
Posted 2010-01-06 5:20 PM (#50848 - in reply to #50674)

Cruiser

Soap her up and ride her in the rain. oops you meant the vison. sorry. i'll go adjust my own dosage thank you very much.
varyder
Posted 2010-01-06 5:34 PM (#50850 - in reply to #50674)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
I remember back in high school....ah never mind
VisionTex
Posted 2010-01-06 6:15 PM (#50858 - in reply to #50850)

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
varyder, so maybe you were the one that dumped all the soap in the central park fountain?!
VaParadox
Posted 2010-01-07 10:18 AM (#50907 - in reply to #50674)

Iron Butt

Richmond, Virginia
Why do i constantly wash my Vision?
1. Because no matter where I look on it, i can always see my childish grin with the "holy crap, this is MINE " expression on it.
2. I read that paper that said that a dirty vehicle gets poorER gas mileage and i am certain that because my bike is always clean
I am going from 43.3 mpg to 43.499 with the clean bike.
3. I keep my bike clean because i remember when I was young and my mom would see someone with either dirty clothes, or a dirty house and she would tell us kids "look at how dirty that is, imagine what their underwear must look like", and from that day on, i dont
want people wondering if i wear dirty underwear because my bike is dirty
4. I believe that a dirty bike doesnt mean you enjoy riding it more, it only means that when you're done riding, whatever gets in your way
between getting off the bike and getting into your lazy boy is an inconvenience.
5. You get laid more on a clean bike, havnt you ever heard the term "a clean bike means a dirty boy "
6. I clean my bike weekly because I get so much free cleaning supplies from Victory, I will never use it up.
7. I clean my bike weekly because i have a fetish for my Velocity high power blower unit that dries my bike in 2 minutes after washing it.
(yes, im like a dog hanging out the car window with that thing, after i finish the bike i blow my face my feet my everything just
because the simple thrill of mad wind hitting me well....... kinda turns me on.....

Hi Im Mac, and I wash my bike TOO much, is there another support room I should be in???
exharleyrider
Posted 2010-01-07 8:29 PM (#50942 - in reply to #50674)

Cruiser

underwear? what's underwear??? is that a vision thing i missed growing up in harleyworld? can you use them to clean the bike?
varyder
Posted 2010-01-07 8:50 PM (#50943 - in reply to #50858)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
VisionTex - 2010-01-06 7:15 PM

varyder, so maybe you were the one that dumped all the soap in the central park fountain?!

ahhh, high school. I would tell a story, but it would only increminate me...but it wasn't central park....

And why am I too lazy to wash my bike? Well, I leave at or before day break, and I get home at or after sun down. I also have other extra ciricular activities at least four days a week, every week that takes up an additional 2 to 3 hours of my time in addition to work. Those days I'll be home around 9ish or later. The other three days are filled with running errands and taking care of house hold chores. And if I spend too much time with the Vision the wife unit gets extremly jealous. What she see's is me leaving on the Vision, coming home on the Vision, she don't want to see me spending time after I get home on the Vision.

Having been a slackard most of my life and habitually getting an excess of 100,000 to 200,000 miles out of my vehicles, I've learned what to check for and know when it is time to wash.

I know I didn't need to defend myself, but we've not had a dirty bike banter for a while so it is time I think...
varyder
Posted 2010-01-07 8:53 PM (#50944 - in reply to #50942)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
exharleyrider - 2010-01-07 9:29 PM

underwear? what's underwear??? is that a vision thing i missed growing up in harleyworld? can you use them to clean the bike?

yes, as long as it is harley appearel...
VaParadox
Posted 2010-01-07 9:10 PM (#50946 - in reply to #50674)

Iron Butt

Richmond, Virginia
and based on 2009 financial reports, Harley Davidson sold more pairs of HD underwear then they did motorcycle units. Which only emphasizes their claim " its only important to LOOK like you ride a Harley, then it is to own one"
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™