You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

motorcycle trailer wheel alignment.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

bigwill5150
Posted 2010-02-20 1:01 AM (#53592)
Subject: motorcycle trailer wheel alignment.

Iron Butt

Reno County, KS
I didn't want to hijack the other thread about trailers but it got me to thinking about mine. I have a steel/alumium trailer that I received and assembled. Upon installing the wheel hubs, I noticed that one of the 2 hubs is angled inward about 5 to 10 degrees. Is this normal? I have no idea if this is intentional or if I need to get the thing straightened out. If I were to align my wheels Id have to basically bore out the mounting bolt plates but it could be done. I just don't want to be making a mistake if I do this. I might pull it behind my truck first to see if it fishtales when I can find a smaller ball to accept the tongue. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks-Will
Top of the page Bottom of the page
quantum
Posted 2010-02-20 8:36 AM (#53605 - in reply to #53592)
Subject: Re: motorcycle trailer wheel alignment.

Puddle Jumper

Brighton, MI
NO Definitely not normal. Any deviation in the angle or pitch of the wheel will cause friction to the tire/ground. This will have one of many affects to the ride of the vehicle from poor gas mileage to premature wear of the tires or just very bad tracking ability. A small amount of pitch down on a torsion axle is normal but not inward. The more weight you carry the more severe your problem will become
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™