You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Bushtec's new trailer will be at Daytona
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

Lone Ranger
Posted 2010-02-23 2:39 PM (#53825)
Subject: Bushtec's new trailer will be at Daytona

Tourer

Cleveland, GA

Bushtec Trailers will be showing their new Vision-inspired Entourage trailer at Daytona Bike Week.  Here is a link to a pic of it on their site: http://www.bushtecmotorcycletrailers.com/pages/custompages/viewcustompage/3078/The_Entourage.aspx It looks pretty good with the Vision. It's the one that they used to call the Art Deco trailer, but has gone through a few refinements.

Andrew Preston, Bushtec's general manager, said they are still working on getting an optional taillight setup to better match the Vision.

(I have no connection with Bushtec; I just like their products and have been watching this one closely).

Edited by Lone Ranger 2010-02-23 2:40 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
rikrok
Posted 2010-02-23 3:57 PM (#53831 - in reply to #53825)
Subject: Re: Bushtec's new trailer will be at Daytona

Cruiser

Have you heard anything of a price point yet?
Lone Ranger
Posted 2010-02-23 5:23 PM (#53836 - in reply to #53825)

Tourer

Cleveland, GA
Supposed to be about $3400 without fender skirts, about $4000 with them. Turns out this model is the most labor-intensive one that Bushtec makes. I plan to buy one when they get the taillights matching the Vision. But even with the price, I've got to have the fender skirts. Just looks great with it.
ScoreBo
Posted 2010-02-23 6:31 PM (#53842 - in reply to #53825)

Iron Butt

Northeast Ohio
I think the color matching was a couple hundred on top of this too. When I talked to Bushtec last year, just after Americade, I think it was going to run me $4500 color-matched plus tax.
bigwill5150
Posted 2010-02-23 7:28 PM (#53846 - in reply to #53825)

Iron Butt

Reno County, KS
When I emailed bushtec back in December no one got back to me about it. I assumed they weren't ready for production yet. Either way I knew it was not going to be cheap with all the fiberglass work and materials that goes into those things. I'm envyous for those out there willing to drop $4K+ on a trailer but I ended up spending about 1/4th that for a good looking trailer. I'll wait until I get some real miles on it before posting anymore. The Bushtec trailers are REALLY nice though. I've seen one of the ones that look like a Honda Civic rear end in person and I have to say that they really are made to the quality rivaling a new car trunk. They are definitely solid and secure trailers. If I were more serious about trailering, I'd have one. The guy who owned it mentioned he'd had a few other trailers and has sold them all after finding the bushtec. It made a large difference in the ride quality after upgrading to it. He was on a GW trike so I can imagine what a difference it would make for someone on a two-wheeler.
ScoreBo
Posted 2010-02-24 12:44 PM (#53892 - in reply to #53825)
Subject: RE: Bushtec's new trailer will be at Daytona

Iron Butt

Northeast Ohio
Back when they released it, it was going to be called the Concours. I am attaching the price sheet that was sent to me last year.

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Concours 09.docm (21KB - 24 downloads)
ScoreBo
Posted 2010-02-24 12:50 PM (#53894 - in reply to #53846)

Iron Butt

Northeast Ohio
bigwill5150 - 2010-02-23 7:28 PM

When I emailed bushtec back in December no one got back to me about it. I assumed they weren't ready for production yet. Either way I knew it was not going to be cheap with all the fiberglass work and materials that goes into those things. I'm envyous for those out there willing to drop $4K+ on a trailer but I ended up spending about 1/4th that for a good looking trailer. I'll wait until I get some real miles on it before posting anymore. The Bushtec trailers are REALLY nice though. I've seen one of the ones that look like a Honda Civic rear end in person and I have to say that they really are made to the quality rivaling a new car trunk. They are definitely solid and secure trailers. If I were more serious about trailering, I'd have one. The guy who owned it mentioned he'd had a few other trailers and has sold them all after finding the bushtec. It made a large difference in the ride quality after upgrading to it. He was on a GW trike so I can imagine what a difference it would make for someone on a two-wheeler.

Will,

I can afford it, but am having a really hard time justifying it to myself! $4k is a boatload of money for something I will use maybe 4-6 times a year. I am a ways away from retiring to be able to use this more.

I am going to need a 10000 sq/ft garage to go with my 2000 sq/ft home!
Teach
Posted 2010-02-24 7:38 PM (#53924 - in reply to #53825)

Visionary

It is definitely a pricy trailer given there are other nice looking rigs that will compliment the Vision for much cheaper.

On another note I'm ordering up the relay harness from them for trailer wiring isolation. After doing some extra reading about the bikes electronics I just think it foolish to risk an expensive repair to avoid spending $79 for isolation.
excelboy10
Posted 2010-02-26 6:30 AM (#53975 - in reply to #53825)
Subject: RE: Bushtec's new trailer will be at Daytona

Cruiser

Birmingham, AL 08 MC Tour Premium 2012 Bronze Mist
I contacted Bushtec about their new trailer the last week in January, talked to Preston. I was on the edge of pulling the trigger until I found out that lead time was currently 5-7 weeks. I wanted the trailer for bike week because the wife was coming with me. I found a good deal on a 06 Bushtec Turbo +2 and bought it. Haven't pulled a trailer in a few years, the last was a unknown brand behind a 88 Wing. These trailers really do pull flawlessly. I noticed a little drag on take off and stopping, but it's great.
It's so freaking cold that the SO decided not come and stay home in front of the fire. So I'm pulling the trailer for practice and the additional room in case I find a new LED tv and surround sound system I'd like to take home, HA!
Anyway, just an FYI, I bought the isolation harness and a Hitchdoc hitch. Both really easy to install. The hitch only required 6 bolts after removing the rear tire.
If you see an 08 MC with a "almost matching" HD lava red trailer at Daytona this weekend it's me!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™