You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Fuel gage sticking
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

Teach
Posted 2010-03-20 9:31 PM (#55269)
Subject: Fuel gage sticking

Visionary

Just wondering if anyone else has had a problem with the gage sticking on full and if so what was the cure?
Mine has been sticking on and off since last summer. Wasn't really a concern but today I almost ran out of gas because I was only paying attention to how many miles I had gone today rather than since the last fill up. One of those ah poop moments when it occured to me the odo was reading in excess of 200 miles since I started the days ride, but the fuel gage was still on a little less than full.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Ploz58
Posted 2010-03-21 3:37 AM (#55273 - in reply to #55269)
Subject: Re: Fuel gage sticking

Cruiser

Central Victoria, Australia
Cant help with your problem, but i always use the range or trip meter on a motorcycle

Glad you didnt have to push it, that would be not pleasent
Teach
Posted 2010-03-21 9:12 AM (#55287 - in reply to #55269)

Visionary

Ploz,normally I'd use the trip as well bud, but I had one of those brain fart moments. I believe it has simple float type mechanism, but it is a part of the pump assy. Oh well new pump time.
radioteacher
Posted 2010-03-21 10:26 AM (#55297 - in reply to #55269)

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
Here is some data that might help.

http://www.vision-riders.com/bb/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=175

Ride Safe
Thomas
Posted 2010-03-21 10:54 AM (#55304 - in reply to #55269)
Subject: RE: Fuel gage sticking

Central Wisconsin

Just wondering if anyone else has had a problem with the gage sticking on full and if so what was the cure?

Haven't had a problem but with the ethanol added in today's fuel a 2oz shot (LOL!) of MMO might be the cure.

Tom

VisionTex
Posted 2010-03-21 11:20 AM (#55308 - in reply to #55304)

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
Gauge not sticking, but I had the fuel pump assembly changed a month or so ago and I can say they are not all created equal. Got used to the way the old gauge worked, with the new one, the level drops at different mileage. No big deal, just different.
IndyVision
Posted 2010-03-21 1:18 PM (#55314 - in reply to #55269)

Tourer

I've had my gage stick a couple times. Two years ago, at the AVR, and engineer said Victory had a problem with the supplier sending bent gage rods. The float would actually get stuck on the side of the gas tank. This tends to happen if your filling the bike up and wiggling it from side to side. That's how mine became stuck each time.
Cletisv
Posted 2010-03-22 10:52 AM (#55382 - in reply to #55269)

Puddle Jumper

Reedley, CA
I had a problem right out of the box from the dealer, the fuel gauge would not come off of full . The dealer had to replace the sending unit. The problem was that it is part of the fuel pump. Iam just glad it was a warranty issue. No problems after changing
Cleetis
2008 Cherry Red Premium Tour
Teach
Posted 2010-03-23 6:21 PM (#55486 - in reply to #55269)

Visionary

Thanks guys. I kinda figured the repair would be as stated so I'll need to get in touch with my dealer. If it only did this once in a while I'd let it slide but this is the third time since I got the bike out a week ago. This time it appears it does not want to unstick. Besides the fuel gage has never read full anyhow so it might cure two issues. Thanks again and I'll post what the dealer finds/decides.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™