You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Full Throttle Salute
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

cchristo
Posted 2011-08-04 10:22 PM (#92664)
Subject: Full Throttle Salute

Tourer

san antonio, tx
I'm a little pis**ed off right now.

I purchased my 2011 Vision a little over a week ago. During the phone conversations with the dealership (out of state, I flew in to purchase) prior to the actual purchase, I told them that I am a retired Army guy, and that I was eligible for the $1000.00 rebate.

To spare you the necessity of reading my rant below, my question is.......has anyone had any problems getting the $1000.00 military rebate?

The day I picked up my Vision, after missing my scheduled flight, I finally arrived at the dealership way behind schedule. I had a meeting I had to attend in the city. We rushed through the purchase routine and I was out of the dealership in record time.

I realized later that we had not filled out the paperwork for the military rebate.

I called them today, and after talking to them, I felt like going over there and beating someone's a**. If it wasn't over a thousand miles away, I think I very well may have. Absolutely horrible customer service. If one of my people EVER dropped an attitude on one of our customers such as I experienced today, they would be at the unemployement office.

them: "Well, you know, that program ended in June"

me: "No, it did not. It says right here on the flyer I'm holding that it's valid from July 1st -September 31st, 2011."

them: "According to my folder here, it did end".

me: "you need to update your folder, I pulled it off their website".

them: "Welllllll, generally, you have to fill those things out when you buy it".

me: so.....you're telling me that I don't get the rebate because we didn't fill the form out while I was physically there?"

them: "Well.....you're supposed to fill it out when you buy it"

me: "are we really having this conversation? Do I need to send you the flyer?" I'll scan it and email it to you right now."

them: Heh, heh. I'd rather you just fax it in, our email is kind of screwy, and I don't get many chances to check it".

me: nothing said, but LOTS of stuff going through my head. me: "fine, I'll fax it to you. When I do, what happens next?"

them: chuckle, chuckle......well....I guess we'll just send it to Victory, and see what happens. Who knows, they might send it to you. Doesn't really matter, it's not our money."

me: again, nothing said, but LOTS of stuff going through my head.
me: "OK, I'll call you when I fax it". them: "yeah, sure, OK."
Top of the page Bottom of the page
pollolittle
Posted 2011-08-04 10:42 PM (#92665 - in reply to #92664)
Subject: Re: Full Throttle Salute

Visionary

Brighton, TN
Ouch! Haven't used it but would have liked to. Wonder what the owner thinks about the conversation.
XRsteve
Posted 2011-08-04 10:50 PM (#92667 - in reply to #92664)

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
I would be too..........
cchristo
Posted 2011-08-04 10:52 PM (#92668 - in reply to #92665)

Tourer

san antonio, tx
pollolittle - 2011-08-04 10:42 PM

Ouch! Haven't used it but would have liked to. Wonder what the owner thinks about the conversation.

I've purposely left out the name of the dealership for the time being. Hopefully I'm just being overly sensitive!
DannyB
Posted 2011-08-04 11:48 PM (#92671 - in reply to #92664)

Tourer

2 mi from Jim Beam n KY
cc,

You're not being overly sensitive. That dealership should be ashamed of treating anyone like that. And especially a Vet!

I had no trouble at all with my dealer, in Jan 2011 when I used it. The dealer has to process the certificate and supply Sale date and VIN to Victory.
BlueByu
Posted 2011-08-05 7:49 AM (#92679 - in reply to #92664)

Cruiser

Houston, Tx
DAMN........ you have a right to be upset! Maybe if you say what city/state it is, someone from there can work with you privately (if you still don't want to openly name dealership). Many times local chapters have special relationships with dealerships and they might be able to help you out. Worth a try...
StanLaurel
Posted 2011-08-05 9:31 AM (#92689 - in reply to #92664)

Puddle Jumper

Robins AFB, GA
My dealer also told me the rebate time frame had passed (early July), but he also knew that without it I was not going to purchase the bike. He made an inspired decision to extend it for that day. Hence I'm one happy Vision owner!
johnnyvision
Posted 2011-08-05 10:15 AM (#92691 - in reply to #92664)

Visionary

I would write Polaris and send them a copy of your bill of sale and tell them just how bad this dealer is in a polite way.
Polaris needs to be aware of dealers that are not doing there part in representing Polaris
SYNSTR
Posted 2011-08-05 3:55 PM (#92711 - in reply to #92664)

Iron Butt

Mt. Vernon, WASH.
You should lodge a formal written complaint with the states Attorney General and the Better Business Bureau conserning consumer fraud and, if you've got a Consumers Rights guy/gal on your local TV channel get in touch with them too as well as the stations Investigative reporters if the station has those. I'd smear that smug a$$hole all over the state like mayo @ a Weight Watchers Convention to where mothers would wash out the kids mouth if he said
Crosstown Motocycle Sales' and not if he uttered a verb or pronoun.
SICK 'EM
radioteacher
Posted 2011-08-05 5:54 PM (#92726 - in reply to #92664)

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
If you are on Facebook start a discussion thread about this on the Victory Motocycles facebook page. This is a discussion that a dealership will get a call about from Victory and you will get the money.

If you do not I will be shocked.

I will email you later tonight with my phone number to help you plan some action if the dealership does not move on this ASAP.
Goatlocker95
Posted 2011-08-05 10:03 PM (#92752 - in reply to #92664)

Puddle Jumper

Lexington Park MD
I didn't have a problem when I bought my XR in April. But I also printed out the coupon from the website and brought it with me.

You can fax your coupon to the dealership but from the sounds of your conversation I doubt they will even bother to send it in. There is another problem as well. The website states "Dealer must complete the following to redeem this coupon for credit on your Victory parts account." Also "Coupon is not redeemable for cash. ". It appears that the dealers reduces the cost on your contract and then get a credit from Polaris on their account. Even if you financed the bike from the dealer they probably won't be able to apply it to your loan. If you paid cash then it doesn't appear you can get your money back. At best you should be able to get $1000 in parts and accessories from Pure Victory.

Personally I'd call the owner unless that was who you talked to on the phone.

This is what is on the Polaris website for inquries and concerns: http://www.polarisindustries.com/en-US/OurCompany/ContactUs/Pages/C...

If you have questions or concerns about your vehicle, we suggest you follow these steps:
?Your authorized Polaris dealer is your best resource for your inquiry or concern.
?If your inquiry or concern remains unresolved, contact the Sales Manager or Service Manager at the dealership.
?If your inquiry or concern cannot be resolved at the dealership level, please submit a request using the "Contact Us" link. This submission will create a case file which will be routed to Polaris Customer Service.
If you have questions regarding Donations please click here. For your Pure Polaris Order, please select Pure Polaris Assistance (left) under Self Help header to access FAQs(Frequently Asked Questions).

TELEPHONE
If you have questions or comments about Polaris Industries, please contact us by phone or mail.

1-888-704-5290
Available 8:00 a.m. - 11 p.m. CT Monday-Friday.

MAILING ADDRESS
Please note, by using the "Contact Us" link to the left, we will receive your inquiry immediately.

Polaris Industries
Consumer Service
2100 Hwy 55
Medina, MN 55340-9770
Mattchristiani
Posted 2011-08-05 10:09 PM (#92754 - in reply to #92664)

Cruiser

Cedar, Michigan
It took me 2 months and at least 25 phone calls but I did get my rebate. I had great customer service(not) from both the dealership and Polaris. But in the end I di get my $1000
cchristo
Posted 2011-08-05 10:40 PM (#92757 - in reply to #92664)

Tourer

san antonio, tx
Thanks for all your input and support.
My biggest concern is that there doesn't seem to be any way that I can verify that they sent it in. I've faxed the form to them (not sure why I even needed to do that, they can download it just as easily as I can).
I paid mostly cash for it and financed some of it. Not saying I'm rich (I'm not, not by any stretch of imagination), but the $1000.00 bucks is not my motivation. I do not like being dealt with in this manner. I travel to their city at least once every quarter on business, and if I don't get my $1000.00 bucks.....they will have a visit from me. I will hopefully be able to update this post with a positive report in a reasonable amount of time. If not....well...I will be talking bad about a certain dealership who treated a certain fly in Vision buyer from San Antonio wrong. If you're monitoring this site, you know who you are.
cchristo
Posted 2011-08-22 8:17 PM (#94362 - in reply to #92664)

Tourer

san antonio, tx
UPDATE: I received my Full Throttle Salute rebate in the mail today from G-Force Powersports, Lakewood, CO.

I have to mention Sean, who works in their finance department. I ended up talking to him about the rebate. He said he would look in to it and get right back to me within a couple of days. Very friendly guy both in person and on the phone. Great to work with him. Anyway, two days later, he called to inform me that he had just put the check in the mail.

This whole thing reminds me that I really shouldn't completely judge a dealership based on one persons actions, or inaction. I gave the dealership a chance to make things right, and they did. In Spades.

Excellent customer service, and I really do appreciate it.
With the exception of the little rebate snag, every aspect of my deal with G-Force was absolutely 1st rate. From ordering from out of state, me changing my mind on options more than once, changing my arrival date, to a snag in the deposit transfer, to the bike all shined up, fueled up, and waiting for me when I arrived in Denver, to this point now.

I would buy from them again.

Edited by cchristo 2011-08-22 8:18 PM
Spiderman
Posted 2011-08-22 8:39 PM (#94366 - in reply to #94362)

Cruiser

Hudson, Ohio
cchristo - 2011-08-22 9:17 PM

UPDATE: I received my Full Throttle Salute rebate in the mail today from G-Force Powersports, Lakewood, CO.

I have to mention Sean, who works in their finance department. I ended up talking to him about the rebate. He said he would look in to it and get right back to me within a couple of days. Very friendly guy both in person and on the phone. Great to work with him. Anyway, two days later, he called to inform me that he had just put the check in the mail.

This whole thing reminds me that I really shouldn't completely judge a dealership based on one persons actions, or inaction. I gave the dealership a chance to make things right, and they did. In Spades.

Excellent customer service, and I really do appreciate it.
With the exception of the little rebate snag, every aspect of my deal with G-Force was absolutely 1st rate. From ordering from out of state, me changing my mind on options more than once, changing my arrival date, to a snag in the deposit transfer, to the bike all shined up, fueled up, and waiting for me when I arrived in Denver, to this point now.

I would buy from them again.

Glad to see that this worked out for you. Still - It's hard to believe that when you spend approx $20K for anything that you get treated in that manner.
radioteacher
Posted 2011-08-22 9:41 PM (#94371 - in reply to #92664)

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
Fantastic! Another dealer who can get the job done!

Ride Safe
Trekwolf164
Posted 2011-08-24 11:07 AM (#94517 - in reply to #92664)

Iron Butt

New York State
Always good to hear the Dealers are supporting us the consumer
MaddMAx2u
Posted 2011-08-24 11:15 AM (#94518 - in reply to #92664)

Iron Butt

Orlando, FL
Glad to hear you got things resolved. SOrry you had the hassle. Thank you for your service~
cchristo
Posted 2011-08-24 1:20 PM (#94530 - in reply to #92664)

Tourer

san antonio, tx
Y'know, this whole post got me thinking........It's so easy to get on here and totally bash a dealership when we feel that they have not lived up to our expectations. I'd like to see some sort of rating board. Of course, that would only work if everyone where as willing to rant about good service as much as they are about poor.

Probably just wishful thinking!
Thanks everyone, for your input!
Trekwolf164
Posted 2011-08-24 2:33 PM (#94537 - in reply to #94530)

Iron Butt

New York State
cchristo - 2011-08-24 1:20 PM

Y'know, this whole post got me thinking........It's so easy to get on here and totally bash a dealership when we feel that they have not lived up to our expectations. I'd like to see some sort of rating board. Of course, that would only work if everyone where as willing to rant about good service as much as they are about poor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcdZla4gKk0&feature=mh_lolz&list=WL2...
cchristo
Posted 2011-08-24 4:43 PM (#94542 - in reply to #94537)

Tourer

san antonio, tx
Trekwolf164 - 2011-08-24 2:33 PM

cchristo - 2011-08-24 1:20 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcdZla4gKk0&feature=mh_lolz&list=WL2...

Nice!
MaddMAx2u
Posted 2011-08-24 7:43 PM (#94557 - in reply to #92664)

Iron Butt

Orlando, FL
Hey CC, I agree. I said the same thing on a different thread. It would be nice when we travel to have a heads up of who it above average and who we should steer clear of.
Trekwolf164
Posted 2011-08-25 12:24 PM (#94643 - in reply to #92664)

Iron Butt

New York State
Rapid City South Dakota Honda/Victory was great to me I was flatbeded in and drove away less than 2 hours later. Only needed the Battery .

Maumee Ohio Honda/Victory has a great service dept
Trekwolf164
Posted 2011-08-25 4:43 PM (#94681 - in reply to #94557)

Iron Butt

New York State
MaddMAx2u - 2011-08-24 7:43 PM

Hey CC, I agree. I said the same thing on a different thread. It would be nice when we travel to have a heads up of who it above average and who we should steer clear of.

If you are planing a trip to Daytona or Sturgis it is good to know where the dealers are along the route

There is a Victory app but a google map search will produce results to.

I pre-purchased tires for Deer Crusher at the Ohio dealer from wissconsin so they had a heads up that I was going to be there.

Having an active VRA card is good because they will take you to the nearest dealer if your brokedown on the side of the road
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™