You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Dash goes on and off intermittantly
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

baadawg
Posted 2012-11-20 4:29 PM (#127225)
Subject: Dash goes on and off intermittantly

Tourer

Chattanooga, TN
Hey guys, just wondering if any of you has had issues with your dash going on/off. Several times recently, when turning the bike on, it looks like I have lost power to the instrument cluster, radio, gps, everything. But the bike runs fine, turn signals work. After a few minutes, the guages will come back on, the radio comes back on and everything is fine, until the next time. It did this to me twice on Saturday, once on Sunday and once today. I had the battery tested at the Vic dealer the first time it did it a month or so back and it is fine. Cleaned the terminals up completely, found a rusty lock washer we thought may have been the problem. But apparently not. Starts right up, just no power to the radio and gauges sometimes and it happens when I turn on the ignition, everything will just go out. Any ideas? Before you post. Read the line where I said the battery has been tested and it is good. Thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
willtill
Posted 2012-11-20 5:05 PM (#127228 - in reply to #127225)
Subject: Re: Dash goes on and off intermittantly

Visionary

Central Maryland
Bad ground somewhere.
johnnyvision
Posted 2012-11-20 6:08 PM (#127231 - in reply to #127225)

Visionary

check your fuse's or even replace even the relays. Might be corrosion there. Just cause a fuse looks good don't make it good
rdbudd
Posted 2012-11-20 7:35 PM (#127237 - in reply to #127225)
Subject: RE: Dash goes on and off intermittantly

Visionary

Jasper, MO
Have you had the ignition switch update done? If not, it's free at the dealer and takes 10 minutes. The ignition switches on the '08s could separate. The update puts a wedge under it to prevent contact separation.

Ronnie
varyder
Posted 2012-11-20 9:39 PM (#127240 - in reply to #127225)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
I would say check all of your connections, especially the ones coming off of the ignition. If that doesn't do it, grounds. If not, time to put it on the wrench thingy at the dealer...
mkultra
Posted 2012-11-24 4:47 AM (#127409 - in reply to #127225)

Tourer

Tucson, AZ
Just jiggle the key some. Mine does it also. ....Didnt know about the ignition switch update....will have to look into it. Thanks...

Mike
baadawg
Posted 2012-11-29 6:22 PM (#127726 - in reply to #127225)

Tourer

Chattanooga, TN
Okay, local wrench pulled digital service history, key update has been done. But it is definitely the key assembly. He re-ordered the parts for the service bulletin and installed a new update on the key, there was no difference in the parts but the rubber ramp that goes under the plastic housing for the ignition assembly was deteriorated. Then it did it again. But if you jiggle the key off and back on it would work usually the second time. So even though the update had been done, and was then re-done, it will still need a new ignition key switch. Just letting y'all know! Thanks for your responses, it did get me pointed in the right direction!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™