You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Recommandations for exhaust, sound and back lights ... .
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

wildtom
Posted 2012-11-24 11:39 AM (#127439)
Subject: Recommandations for exhaust, sound and back lights ... .

New user

Hi,

I really would need some recommandations on some parts here ... .

I have at the moment the Stage 1 exhaust on my vision, but this is definitly not loud enough ?
What is the best exhaust at the moment when i am looking at the loudest and deepest sound ?

Also i would like to modify my back lights - any recommandations ? I would look for a complete kit if this is avaible .. .

And last part:

Speaker/Amp: The sound system out of the factory is not bad, but i really want to do a upgrade here.
Any recommandations what to use ? I don�t want to use a sub, so the speakers have to fit in the factory places. I found something from ness, but i am not shure if this is the best thing to do.

So all inputs are welcome

Thanks

Take care

Thomas

Top of the page Bottom of the page
cw1115
Posted 2012-11-24 12:12 PM (#127441 - in reply to #127439)
Subject: Re: Recommandations for exhaust, sound and back lights ... .

Visionary

Ruskin, Fl
I had Ness Big Honkers on my 2008. I really miss them. I drilled out the stock pipes on my new Vision. Not really doing it for me. I have an Alpine amp on the way. Plan on using Polk MM521 speakers. I should have everything ready to install next week. I'll keep you updated
Wadcutter
Posted 2012-11-24 8:15 PM (#127464 - in reply to #127439)
Subject: RE: Recommandations for exhaust, sound and back lights ... .

Puddle Jumper

wildtom - 2012-11-24 11:39 AM
br />Also i would like to modify my back lights - any recommandations ? I would look for a complete kit if this is avaible .. .

Take a look at this video for a 99 LED strip under the trunk lid lip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r93fHlDaGg
Now here's what I did with mine. Instead of a 99 LED strip I got 2 48 LED strips each 19" long. Do a ebay search. Total cost for both strips and shipping was under $13.
The Kuryakyn 4710 module costs about $75 on ebay.
Total installation time was about 3 hours. Now that I've done one tho I could probably do the next one in about an hour.
I used double sided tape to install and met them in the middle of the rear of the trunk so it looks like a continuous LED strip going from about 3" in front of each trunk light all around the back. I wired them into each side of each trunk light. With the Kuryakyn module now I have the normal 2 trunk lights along with the 96 LED strip lit all the time as normal tail lights. Hitting the right turn signal the right trunk light and half of the LEDs flash while the left side trunk light and LEDs stay lit. Hit the left turn signal and the left trunk light and left 1/2 of the LEDs flash and the right trunk light and LEDs stay lit. When I hit the brakes the trunk lights and both LED strings flash 4 times then stay on bright.
Using either side turn signal with brake light keeps the non-flashing side lit as brake lights.
When turning but not using the brake the trunk lights/LEDs flash the same time as the lower turn signal on the same side so they are in sequence. But when using the brake at the same time as the turn signal the trunk lights/LEDs flash opposite of the same side lower turn signal. By that I mean the upper turn is on when the lower turn is off, then it flashes with the upper turn off and the lower turn on. This combination really gets you seen.
If I knew how to post a video I'd shoot a short one so you can see what it looks like.

Edited by Wadcutter 2012-11-24 8:16 PM
kris1956
Posted 2012-11-25 6:33 AM (#127470 - in reply to #127439)

Iron Butt

You're going to get at least as many opinions about exhaust as there are options. I personally like the S1L2 pipes. I modified the baffles giving mine a little deeper sound. I've heard just about every aftermarket pipe out there on either a CCT or a Vision and most sound good but I'm happy with what I have. If Rhinehart ever comes out with a Vision exhaust I would probably switch. I like the sound and the look.
Monkeyman
Posted 2012-11-25 6:50 AM (#127472 - in reply to #127439)

Iron Butt

Peru, IN
The only exhausts I've heard in person other than stock is an S1L1 on a new XC during demo days and willieh's Vision with the S1L2. I was diggin' the S1L2 but I'll end up with one of Witchdoctors exhausts. Best bang for the buck.
willieh
Posted 2012-11-25 7:03 AM (#127473 - in reply to #127439)

Puddle Jumper

huntington In.
I really like the sound of my L1/S2s, don't get me wrong, but if I had it to do over again I would go a different and save a few bucks
kris1956
Posted 2012-11-25 7:07 AM (#127474 - in reply to #127472)

Iron Butt

Jon makes and sells quality parts, I've never seen or heard anything or anyone say any different. I would suggest that you listen to as many different exhausts as you can before deciding.
willieh
Posted 2012-11-25 7:17 AM (#127477 - in reply to #127439)

Puddle Jumper

huntington In.
Kris, how did you modify your pipes?
kris1956
Posted 2012-11-25 7:30 AM (#127478 - in reply to #127477)

Iron Butt

I cut the baffles down and opened the holes in the baffles. It didn't change the noise level much and that wasn't what I was after, just gave it a deeper throatier sound. I fired it up without the baffles, there's some noise.
wildtom
Posted 2012-11-25 7:39 AM (#127480 - in reply to #127439)

New user

Regarding the exhaust i heared some clips on youtube of the CFR which i really liked.
Anyone installed this one ? Sound quite loud and deep for me .... .

Thanks,
Take care
Thomas
jb.hatch
Posted 2012-11-25 7:56 AM (#127482 - in reply to #127439)

Cruiser

Phenix City AL.
Audio, I have a ARC audio amp in the bag, and Polk audio speakers mounted 5 1/4 I am looking into using 6 1/2 speakers. The set up is loud and clear even at 90 plus lol.
Dwight
Posted 2012-11-25 8:30 AM (#127484 - in reply to #127439)

Cruiser

I have the Nascar6 pipes and I love the sound, tame at idle but when you accelerate they come alive. Dwight
kris1956
Posted 2012-11-25 8:55 AM (#127485 - in reply to #127484)

Iron Butt

If you have the S1L1 exhaust you'll have many more options, both for sound and for exhaust tips. I prefer the one piece look so I went with the level 2 setup.
diamonbird
Posted 2012-11-25 6:43 PM (#127506 - in reply to #127439)

Cruiser

Mechanicsville, VA United States
I like to be able to hear my radio and factory speakers, I have Stage 1 Level 2 exhaust and it seems to be a perfect match....
When I bought my 08 used Vision there were no baffles just striaght pipe in place of the baffles, I thought I was going to get a ticket so I bought new
stage 1 level 2 pipes off eBay and it's the perfect sound for me and my wife. I don't understand wanting louder pipes and louder speakers idea.
We still wear earplugs too but it's for the wind noise mostly. I usually ride long rides and loud pipe wears you down so much and usually causes ringing in the ears........to ea. their own.
Eric
Posted 2012-11-25 8:36 PM (#127510 - in reply to #127439)
Subject: RE: Recommandations for exhaust, sound and back lights ... .

Cruiser

Duanesburg N.Y.
I have the stage 1 level 2 factory pipes. I paid close to the neighbor hood of $900.00 for the upgrade for the computer and air filter up grade that had to go with it to keep the factory warranty. the pipes sound ok but nothing special. I pulled the baffels to just to hear what it sounded like and i thought it sounded like crap so the baffels are in.

I would do the cherry bomb exhaust found here in this web site and then do the computer upgrade and filter. I have a hard time justifing the cost of 2 mufflers for what they ask for.

my bike is an 09 and the fuel mapping just sucks from victory and after the upgrade it didnt get better so I probally go see lloydes this spring to try to get it straightened out. During demo days it seems that victory has done better on the newer models as far as i can see.

Eric
wtwhitelaw
Posted 2012-11-25 9:07 PM (#127513 - in reply to #127439)

Cruiser

Flowery Branch Ga
I added Witchdoctors Muscle mufflers. They are factory cans with no baffles. Just loud enough. Cost was about $200.
Wadcutter
Posted 2012-11-26 4:27 PM (#127551 - in reply to #127439)

Puddle Jumper

Here's a short video of my taillight modification.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMbLdSK2MTQ&feature=youtu.be
It looks like in taillight mode that it's slightly flashing. It's not. That's just due to the camera I was using.
My mod uses a Kuryakyn 4710 module which connects the trunk lights to the bike's run, turn, and brake lights. I then found on Ebay 2 (two) 19" red LED strips. They're run one to each side so they work independently.
cw1115
Posted 2012-11-26 4:58 PM (#127552 - in reply to #127439)

Visionary

Ruskin, Fl
Wadcutter, did you cut the 2 wires under the seat to disable the the top brake lights from going dark when the turn signals are activated or can that be done with the 4710?
Wadcutter
Posted 2012-11-26 5:30 PM (#127553 - in reply to #127552)

Puddle Jumper

cw1115 - 2012-11-26 4:58 PM
Wadcutter, did you cut the 2 wires under the seat to disable the the top brake lights from going dark when the turn signals are activated or can that be done with the 4710?

I didn't cut them, just pulled them out of the plug and wrapped them. I had done that before I added the 4710/LEDs. Not sure if I'm going to leave them disabled or not. Still deciding which way I like them with the additional lights.
Wadcutter
Posted 2012-11-26 5:37 PM (#127554 - in reply to #127439)

Puddle Jumper

Here are the LEDs I used. Got them off Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/DEDC-Waterproof-Undercar-Strip-decoration/dp/...
cw1115
Posted 2012-11-26 5:49 PM (#127555 - in reply to #127439)

Visionary

Ruskin, Fl
Thanks. I cut them on my 08. Haven't done anything yet to the new one. Waiting for the amp and Stebel horn to arrive so I can pull the bodywork and so everything at once. :-/
Gadget
Posted 2012-11-28 7:34 PM (#127668 - in reply to #127439)

Cruiser

I know what you're going thru. I had a very difficult time with exhaust a few years back and never was happy with my speaker sound either. I happen to live literally a few blocks from D&D and finally took my bike to them and begged them to see what they could do. I wasn't looking for loudness only though. I wanted a descent sound with great performance and able to hear music on trips. I have to say I've been very happy with the D&D's. As far as the speakers. I initially had installed some external tweeters but got tired of the ugly look after 2 summers with wires on my dash. Recently took them off and bought the Vic speaker upgrade with built in tweeters. Certainly not the 1,500 Ness set up but much better than I had and pretty happy with it. No distortion at higher volumes anymore.
victoryvisiontour
Posted 2012-11-28 8:23 PM (#127672 - in reply to #127439)

Iron Butt

Anderson, IN (48mi NE of downtown Indianapolis)
Going leave the exhaust stock so I can hear my tunes. I liked the idea of the LED sequential MBW rear lights, but have not seen them available yet. As for amps and speakers, I installed the 4 channel Hawg Wired system without using trunk or bag space. Here's how I did it:
http://picasaweb.google.com/victoryvisiontour/2008VictoryVisionSter...
cw1115
Posted 2012-11-28 9:41 PM (#127676 - in reply to #127439)

Visionary

Ruskin, Fl
Thanks VVT. I got the amp and baffles yesterday. Can't wait to get started Monday. I was going to cut the stock enclosure. Didn't consider just removing them.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™