You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Installed the Power Commander 5
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

northeastleds
Posted 2010-07-01 6:41 PM (#63531)
Subject: Installed the Power Commander 5

Puddle Jumper

I purchased the power commander 5 knowing that Lloydz cams and intake are only a couple $$$ away in the coming months for my vision. I currently have the sl1 with the k & N air filter with Victory's map update (of which sucks).
I had my local dealer Mennetos in Clifton Park NY due the commander install (I have no time right now and that is why the dealer install). Mennetos did a nice job on the install (3 hrs charged to me) along with correcting my belt alignment (I noticed too much belt dust underneath) on the vision. They told me I was the 1st Vision in the area with the commander 5 install that they knew of.
I just got back from a 90 mile ride and the power commander 5 is a night and day difference to the Vision. This sucks real bad for a person who pays 21k + for a bike on the assumption that the bike should run real purdy on a dealer map.....wrong!
The power commander is very noticeable from the previous Victory (updated,,,cough BS -cough - BS) map.
The power commander was definitly worth the price and now I can only hope that my money tree grows quicker so I can get the "AutoTune, intake, cam and carriers"
That is my story and I am sticking to it
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Arkainzeye
Posted 2010-07-01 6:54 PM (#63532 - in reply to #63531)
Subject: Re: Installed the Power Commander 5

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
i agree with you .. i installed my PC5 this past march or april and i noticed right off the bat a better cold start.. No surging until it warms up. I have a 2008 vision with the S1L1 setup WITH the sucky victory fuel map. i was shocked how much better the bike runs in all gears.. And all i did was just add a fuel controller to my setup. i even used the pc5 to help me tune my device from lloyds to help with popping. i plugged my laptop into the pc5 and got a REAL tach reading. i noticed the analog tach on the bike and the digital tach arent on the same page. the digtal tach (by using the PC software) was a little lower.
adirondacks
Posted 2010-07-09 9:07 AM (#64146 - in reply to #63531)

Tourer

Troy, NY
I saw your post LEDS and went straight to Mennetoes. Ihad to get service so I'm having themm install the PC V with auto tune. I didn't think a dealer would install the PCs. I let everyone know how the PC with Autotune turns out.

XRsteve
Posted 2010-07-09 12:45 PM (#64155 - in reply to #63531)

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
This is getting good, more info from all over the country................
Webhair
Posted 2010-07-09 1:14 PM (#64157 - in reply to #63531)

Iron Butt

Peachtree City, GA
Check out all of the other threads on the PCV...
northeastleds
Posted 2010-07-09 3:19 PM (#64165 - in reply to #64146)

Puddle Jumper

Hopefully, they will charge u less since mine was their 1st vision
adirondacks
Posted 2010-07-09 5:39 PM (#64184 - in reply to #63531)

Tourer

Troy, NY
How much did they charge you? I'll let you know. I'm probably the 1st they put the auto tune on....so I won't get a bargain-lol.
adirondacks
Posted 2010-08-15 5:52 PM (#67202 - in reply to #63531)

Tourer

Troy, NY
Well after a month after the first PC V and Autotune installation - it's working. The dealer initially installed the wrong Autotune model. The catalog they ordered the part from only had the "universal" Autotune. For the Vision the Autotune module is the same as the Harley. AT100 is the correct model. When they first installed the whole setup with the wrong Autotune every seamed fine. This is because the Autotune just started doing it's work on one cyclinder. I took a trip on the Mohawk Trail and my gas mpg went to 30mpg. I knew something was wrong. Ooops I forgot to mention the dealer didn't give me the PC V plug. So I couldn't hook the bike up to by laptop yet. Low and behold, I figured out they installed the wrong Autotune. The dealer fixed it for free. I had to pay the difference of the Autotune cost which was fine. So I thought everything would be fine. Nope! The autotune was setup with the Engine Temp selected at 160 degrees. No problem except the PC wasn't configured to read the tempature. So, the Autotune wasn't doing anything. I unselected the Temp setup on the Autotune configuration and now I have Autotune tables to trim. Finally!!

I do have a question out of this. Using the PC V does anyone have the Temp configured? There is two options: Analog and Harley ECM. I tried the Analog but didn't give any values after I ran the bike. I think there is another wire to be installed to get the analog reading. I didn't try the "Harley ECM" option to see if that registers. Anybody have any other suggestions on the PC V software setup for the Vision. I'm at the playing stage now that I know everything is working.
Webhair
Posted 2010-08-16 8:57 AM (#67235 - in reply to #63531)

Iron Butt

Peachtree City, GA
I don't use the temp setting - just use the time delay to start adjusting... Works great!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™