You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

My Big Ride
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

Kornbread
Posted 2010-07-24 6:05 PM (#65291)
Subject: My Big Ride

Cruiser

Okeefenokee Swamp
I have made several trips of 500 to 600 miles,but this week was the first long trip.I had one 1100 mile day and several of 650 plus. I am convincednow,{like I was'nt before,} thhat the Vision is the ultimate touring bike. not to bash another brand,but the crew in black and orange will get no more of my biz as far as touring bikes are concerned.
By the way, all aong the Canadian border is beautiful.The cool days was a welcome relief from the South Georgia heat.I really did not take a lot of photos,just toured around and saw all the great lakes.3927 miles round trip.What a great way to warm up for my trip to Spirit Lake.Look forward to seeing you there.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
XRsteve
Posted 2010-07-24 6:49 PM (#65294 - in reply to #65291)
Subject: Re: My Big Ride

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
Nice trip..........
mainiac
Posted 2010-07-24 8:09 PM (#65300 - in reply to #65291)
Subject: RE: My Big Ride

Puddle Jumper

Southern Maine
sounds great,did you stay in the U.S or venture into the Canadian side of the great lakes?
CC-Rider
Posted 2010-07-25 12:12 AM (#65318 - in reply to #65291)

Cruiser

Makes the Iron Butt a lot easier. I did 1450 miles in under 48 hours and could have went farther if it wouldn't have been for the pouring rain! I intend to do the Saddle Sore and Iron Butt runs this fall yet--all at one time.
varyder
Posted 2010-07-25 5:12 AM (#65323 - in reply to #65291)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
The Vision makes an Iron Butt tooo easy. I've done one certified just to get inducted and I'm looking at one day doing the 49 States in 10 Days for record, but I've done a few 1,000+ with little thought. I'm not a sight-seer so it is not a problem to get to where I'm going, watching the sun rise, and seeing it set a 1,000 miles later. The trip coming back from Californina I did two 1,000+ days for a total of 2,100 miles in less that 42 hours, and was no worse for the wear. The hardest part was literally overcoming jag lag and the 3-hour time difference being back on the East Coast.

The saddle on the Vision keeps the tail getting sore and there's nothing to change to make it more challenging. The only real challenge is the physical stamina to stay at it.

Thanks for sharing Kornbread, I always like to hear these kind of tales.

Edited by varyder 2010-07-25 5:14 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™