You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Got slow speed skills?
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

radioteacher
Posted 2010-11-10 12:51 PM (#73288 - in reply to #72204)
Subject: Re: Got slow speed skills?

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
Great riding!

It still ticks me off to read how the Vision does not handle in Parking Lots when it is reviewed. Maybe all these "so called" test riders should ride every bike that weighs over 825 pounds on the same course and then provide their comments. Most of the test riders I see in the rags ride only bikes that weigh less than 450 pounds.

Ride Safe and Practice often!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
varyder
Posted 2010-11-10 1:42 PM (#73291 - in reply to #72204)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
always my point, some "bodies" learn things faster than others. There were key places that I had problems until I quit riding the Vision like my old GoldWing. When I learned that it moved me into a different level and gave a confidence within a week that in over two years I never fully mastered on the Wing. The so called "test riders" may be experts on all those other bikes, and will try to ride the Vision like them, but that is what makes it awkward to them.

I've been practising on my daily ride by working harder on my right hand turns in the parking lot, that seems to help me a lot here lately.

Thanks for the videos! Great job!

Edited by varyder 2010-11-10 1:44 PM
Candyman
Posted 2010-11-16 10:13 AM (#73611 - in reply to #72204)

Cruiser

West Knoxville TN
It really is that easy. Having taught MSF classes for years you learn to get on many different bikes and get right at it. Its all muscle memory. Once you have mastered turning your head and looking where you want to be it looks like the video. Great job by the way.
trailbarge
Posted 2010-11-16 11:32 AM (#73618 - in reply to #72469)

Tourer

Goldsboro, NC
RhodeTrip - 2010-10-27 8:04 PM
... then I decided to change the direction to right hand turns; what the f**k happened to my nice smooth tight turns, couldn't maintain a steady throttle at full lock at all. Now I'm noticing that in the videos they do most of the tight turns to the left. Do I suck that bad or is this normal?
Jim

Its normal. If you think about it, you never write with your arm 'way stretched out. your fine motor control is better when you are tucked in. U-turns are mostly about feathering the clutch. in a right-hand turn, your clutch arm is stretched out to its maximum... or near enough to it so as not to matter. Hence, your clutch control is compromised enough to affect your turn in that direction.

Once I grokked that much, I do all of my u-turns in the jockey position. I put my feet as far back as I can on the floorboards without compromising the security of the position (the boards taper, so it will be different for all of us. Then I lean forward at the waist and scootch my butt back against the back of the seat. Now I can move my right foot back to the rear brake. This gets my shoulders as far forward as possible and the clutch control is greatly improved. It sounds like a lot of moving around, but it can be done with 3-4 seconds' notice.

I can now do 24 foot u-turns in either direction with little sweat. I don't practice enough, so I don't hit the 20 foot very often, yet.
trailbarge
Posted 2010-11-16 11:36 AM (#73620 - in reply to #72566)

Tourer

Goldsboro, NC
tonyj - 2010-10-28 11:17 PM
...one of them said he thought Victory was offering a Police Bike based on the XC platform.

http://www.polarisindustries.com/en-us/Victory-Motorcycles/Experien...
tonyj
Posted 2010-11-16 11:43 AM (#73624 - in reply to #73620)

Cruiser

Salina, KS
I measured the distance between the lines where I was practicing (first video) & they are 17'9" wide, so I figured I could handle the 20' box easily enough. I did find out clutch engagement is quite different with a "cold" engine....went out this weekend to practice with temps in the 40's & soon found out I had to be ultra smooth for the same results.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™