You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Getting rid of my Vision?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

mgoblue
Posted 2011-02-26 9:24 PM (#80387)
Subject: Getting rid of my Vision?

Cruiser

okay here's the deal. I am all but rid of my Vision......for the white 2011 Cross Country. Has any one wennt from the Vision to the Cross Country and if you did what did you like better and what did you wish you still had. My deal is the Cross is freakin sweet and now that momma is on her Kingpin it's time for me to change it up. Please let me know what you think and have any of you put pipes on the Cross? What brand and how do they sound, mine doesn't have to be ubnoxious but i do want to here it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
XRsteve
Posted 2011-02-26 9:36 PM (#80388 - in reply to #80387)
Subject: Re: Getting rid of my Vision?

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
Put CFR's on it you'll love it..................
VaParadox
Posted 2011-02-27 9:38 AM (#80410 - in reply to #80387)

Iron Butt

Richmond, Virginia
Not sure this is much help but my buddy (also my dealer) went from a Ness Vision to a Skulls CC. Like everyone else his comments are the same,
you sacrifice some comfort, bells and whistles on the switch for a more traditional looking bike that happens to ride really well. Does it ride better then
the Vision?, thats all gonna be personal opinion. He switched for the skulls paint scheme. The larger bags are great. I think what put him over the top
with really liking this bike is the addition of the new removeable trunk. Prior to that he put the now deceased Vision passenger backrest (whatever stupid reason Vision had for discontinuing it we will never know). While comfortable it isnt the same as a padded trunk for his wife. He changed the pipes but Im
not sure what he changed to, can ask if you want to know. He also blacked out some of the parts to add to the "bad ass" ness of the theme of the bike.
At first when I saw it i thought " had this been out and not the Vision, I would have surely bought it. Its grown on me a lot since riding with him and
i really like the bike. Driven it and its awesome. If i were to get a second bike it would be the CC. Is it the eye catcher out of the box design that turns
heads like a Vision? NO Is it an upscale cruiser that looks nice YES. You just have to ask yourself what is important to YOU. Personally, I wouldnt
scrap my power shield and full wrap front fairing, it just gives me a lot more seasonal riding. But lets face it, you will be happy with either bike
so let us know what you decide and of course PICTURES !!
wjoel
Posted 2011-02-27 12:39 PM (#80422 - in reply to #80387)
Subject: RE: Getting rid of my Vision?

Tourer

Northeastern Penna.
I have thought of this very thing until I test rode the Cross Country twice.Aside from the much larger side bags, there isn't anything else that would steer me to the CC.
One big issue is the lack of wind protection on the C Country, compared to the Vision.
I'm still waiting for the larger bags on the Vision. Maybe I'll be in for a long wait ?
40vegas
Posted 2011-02-27 4:00 PM (#80436 - in reply to #80387)

Puddle Jumper

I have an XC and have the S1 exhaust on it. For some the S1 isn't loud enough but my experience is if you want to hear the bike, have a nice tone to the exhaust without being obnoxious, the S1 does a good job of that. Also talking to the mech at my local dealer he made a good point that if your following a S1 Cross they are a lot louder than what you hear from the cockpit because the saddlebags block quite a bit of the sound to the operator. As far as wind protection I like the XC because I have the highwaybar closeouts which I can remove when not wanted (and you do feel quite a bit of engine heat with them on), fork mounted lowers (Memphis Shades) and tall windshield and if I have all these in place I have riden in low 40's temps in SD quite comfortably. The highwaybar inserts I seldom use out of the cold season or rain because with the fork lowers the air I feel seems about right for me (feels like I'm still on a motorcycle only without being BLASTED). I like the ability to customize what I feel of the elements and I have riden Visions and although they are a great bike, they are not for me. XC rocks!
mgoblue
Posted 2011-02-28 12:41 AM (#80461 - in reply to #80387)

Cruiser

Thanks for the input. I think i better wait to ride one before I change. You have got to love Michigan weather, now i just have to wait a while for the roads and weather to coperate.
Cap'n Nemo
Posted 2011-02-28 5:17 AM (#80465 - in reply to #80387)

Visionary

New Bohemia, Va
mgoblue - personally I wouldn't go from a Vision to a CC unless I absolutely had to, in that the affordability wouldn't be there for a Vision if it did. I plan on keeping the Vision until there is nothing left of it. But during my summer ride across the desert I was doing some heavy thinking and wish I had gotten the blade windshield so I could have gotten more wind in my face. There were a few moments where I would have liked to not been behind all that fairing. Now, in the scheme of things, the amount of time I would like to be in the open wind does not out weigh the benefit of the full fairing when it is pouring rain, or as cold as the dickens. Now, what I'm trying to say is, I'd would love to have a second bike, Vegas or a High Ball (really and Indian) where I would truly be out in the elements on those days I would choose to be, but would never give up my Vision.

It's a good think to have that more time to think, A Vision will extend your riding season comfortably and cause you to ride on days that you would be absolutely crazy to do so on a Cross.
cook06vegas
Posted 2011-02-28 8:17 AM (#80475 - in reply to #80461)

Tourer

Lansing, MI
mgoblue - 2011-02-28 1:41 AM

Thanks for the input. I think i better wait to ride one before I change. You have got to love Michigan weather, now i just have to wait a while for the roads and weather to coperate.

Yeah, tell me about it! I bought a Vision on 2/16. Rode once and since then we've snowed in, ERRRR!!! BTW, I noticed your screen name. Are you over by Ann Arbor? And I just gotta say GO GREEN, GO WHITE!!! I do hope Brady gets that football team back in shape. He seems to be more than happy to be here and he has lots of love, energy and passion for the Blue! I like how he said he would have walked here, that was cool!

~Matt.

cook06vegas
Posted 2011-02-28 9:44 AM (#80484 - in reply to #80387)
Subject: RE: Getting rid of my Vision?

Tourer

Lansing, MI
Forgot to tell you about a Vision I almost bought. I ended up with the one I have because it was cheaper (used) and it had prformace stuff done to it. If that had fallen through I would have jumped on this one!
Anyways, Bill at Bair's in North Canton has a great deal on a NEW '08 Vision street comfort. He said he would sell it for $13,400 add heated grips, a five year warranty and meet me half way with the bike and the paperwork. Notice, they blacked out all the silver on it. NOT CHEAP! Also, Bill is a great guy!

Check it: http://www.bairsinc.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?sid=01170008X2K28K20...

Edited by cook06vegas 2011-02-28 9:45 AM

(Vision.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Vision.jpg (76KB - 0 downloads)
mgoblue
Posted 2011-03-01 12:57 AM (#80553 - in reply to #80387)

Cruiser

cook06vegas that bike is sweet. I live over by GR but spend alot of time in AA, i have season tixs and my daughter goes to EMU. Yeah Brady will hook it up, i was a Rich Rod guy, i really wish he would have gotten another year and a new D coordinator but o well, it's all about the team and whats best for the program, UofM will be a serious threat this year and years to come, 19 starters back and D robinson, GO BLUE. Any way i like the bike alot and sounds like you stole it. Mine is an 08 also but i bought it in aug. of 08 and it is red. i am really struggluing with getting a CC, i guess i will just wait for the weather to break, the extended forecast shows 55 and rain a week from saturday but i'm not holding my breath.
cook06vegas
Posted 2011-03-01 7:55 AM (#80560 - in reply to #80387)

Tourer

Lansing, MI
What dummy, I am. I was thinking you were looking for a Vision. Sorry. Never mind all the info on the '08 I posted above...

I hope it warms up, rains for a day to wash off the salt and then the clouds part and the sun starts ta' shinnen'...

I'm a State fan but I do hope you're right about the Blue. College football isn't the same with them in the gutter. Besides, I want State to beat a GOOD U of M team.

mgoblue
Posted 2011-03-11 2:20 AM (#81162 - in reply to #80387)

Cruiser

Well I decided to go with my gut..........I'm keeping my Vision, i have had just to many people tell me that i would be dissapointed going to the Cross Country after riding a Vision for 3 years. As soon as the weather breaks and there is a demo truck near i will ride a CC and compare for myself.
cook06vegas
Posted 2011-03-11 7:22 AM (#81166 - in reply to #80387)

Tourer

Lansing, MI
I think you're on the right track. The XC is nice but it just doesn't compare to the Vision in terms of overall ammenities, comfort, wind and rain protection. The XC is likr "Vision lite". I've rode them both and even my wife liked the V better. How about a Vision with XC/XR bags and trunk, that would be sweet!!!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™