You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

MSD Upgrade?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Prostreet1
Posted 2009-06-23 5:24 AM (#37338)
Subject: MSD Upgrade?

Cruiser

Allen Park, MI
Just wanted to hit up the group to get some input on one of the mods I am preparing to do.. I have a stock 2008 Steel Gray Lover..hehe and am looking to have the Stage 1 Level 1 pipes put on as well as the LLoydz VFC III, Intake Plate and HOH-VM1 cams. I thought while having it in the shop that I would put the MSD Coil upgrade for Victory's on it as well. Here is my question.... I was told by one of the resellers that the coils would work but they may come in contact with the body work. Does anyone have any experiance with this.
Thanks in advance.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Arkainzeye
Posted 2009-06-23 2:47 PM (#37367 - in reply to #37338)
Subject: Re: MSD Upgrade?

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
would the coils cause any RADIO noise issues?
Prostreet1
Posted 2009-06-23 8:56 PM (#37389 - in reply to #37338)
Subject: RE: MSD Upgrade?

Cruiser

Allen Park, MI
I do not believe so..but I will find out soon enough...I believe if it interfers with the onboard radio that the Scala Q2 wouldn't be affected. In addition to the Scala I listen to the Ipod mostly anyway...If it enhances the performance of the Vision like it has on so many of my other auto builds then I will put up with the little nuances...if not it will be an ebay item and I will mark it up to experiance. I was hoping that someone on the forum would have had some experiance with it seeing as how there are quite a few season riders on board here...we'll see I guess.
V92SC
Posted 2013-01-11 7:54 AM (#129392 - in reply to #37367)

Tourer

New Orleans, La,
I was wanting to acquire the MSD coil mod in anticipation of adding some other mods to my 08VV. They were being sold through Conquest Customs, Witch Doctor,Nometz, Cycle solutions, and the like last year and suddenly poof they disappeared from the face of the planet. Conquest web site says they on indefinite back order. I contacted MSD and they say there is no shortage of the coils and that I should inform the manufacter of the same. The problem in the supply line seems to be the plug n play harness needed to make them work and the harness is specific to 02-07 and 08 on. Does anyone know if someone has the 08 setup in stock or some with onefor sale? The 106 uses the computer to control when the coils fire by establishing the ground for the coils at the appropriate time, the hot is always hot because it uses the fuel pump hot. Anybody make just the harness cause anybody can get the coils from any place they sell MSD coils. Thanx.
V92SC
Posted 2013-01-11 12:55 PM (#129401 - in reply to #37338)

Tourer

New Orleans, La,
Did more research and found out that MSD stopped production of the pn 82458 due to persistant failures and really shotty engineering of that part. All of the LS engined racers are running the stock GM coils up to and beyond 900 rwp. Bottom line scratch this mod . MSD can't get their act together. Thanx anyway.
johnnyvision
Posted 2013-01-14 6:20 PM (#129550 - in reply to #37338)

Visionary

don't see where the coil would help. No one here has said anything about coil up grade. Plug wire would be good
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™