You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

New Tires, no bike is not stable
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Cap'n Nemo
Posted 2010-11-28 9:57 PM (#74388 - in reply to #73779)
Subject: Re: New Tires, no bike is not stable

Visionary

New Bohemia, Va
Sounds like a good tip, thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Liandra
Posted 2010-12-01 7:46 PM (#74583 - in reply to #73779)

Cruiser

Tifton, GA
I had Metz 880 on a Honda Magna and got great ride, handling and tread life. Tried them on my Harley great ride and handling, but tread life was same a standard Dunlops. The E3 Dunlop was a different in that it had a longer tread life and was less expensive that Metz 880. Me and a buddy of mine do our service work, so all I am looking at is cost of tire shipped to my house.
picard
Posted 2010-12-02 3:02 PM (#74622 - in reply to #73779)

Cruiser

Prairie Dog Heaven, CO
Did you get the bias ply or the radials?
Bias ply feels much slower on turn-in than the radials.

As others have said, both are not appropriately load rated for the VV
(if you go to metzeler web site and search for tires for the VV nothing comes up - for just that reason)
Breaker
Posted 2010-12-03 2:51 PM (#74681 - in reply to #73815)
Subject: RE: New Tires, no bike is not stable

Iron Butt

Western WA
SongFan - 2010-11-18 6:42 AM

I work with a Harley guy who has ridden Metzlers for a long time.? They used to be consistently great but have turned into a real crap-shoot lately.? If you get German-made, they will be good every time.? If you get the Brazilian-made, it's 50/50 whether they will be good or total crap.? One rear tire he had lasted 14,000 miles, the next one lasted less than 4,000 (exact same Metzler model/size).? How can you make sure you get a German one?? I have no clue.

I used to love the Metz 880s, but stopped using them for the very reasons cited by Songfan. I'm on my second set of E3s and won't look for anything different unless someone starts making a set with a narrow white stripe.

I buy the E3s online and have my dealer install them. I'm very loyal, but not an extra $300 loyal.
Baddog69
Posted 2011-01-13 10:51 PM (#77230 - in reply to #74135)

Cruiser

Billings, MT

I have an '08 Vision, at 28000 miles it was time to replace the rear tire for the fourth time!  I weight the decision carefully, asked a lot of questions, and then went to the darkside!  5000 miles later I am still going strong, and pleased that i made the decision!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

norcan
Posted 2011-01-14 8:19 AM (#77239 - in reply to #73779)

Cruiser

Edmonton Alberta, Canada
Check alignment, last set worked good, wore good, felt good, but after replacing tires this summer bike was totally diferent, before lateral tar snakes and deep grooves were very scary, now, butt pukers when encourtering them, but next to now feel on the bike.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™