You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Questions about the Power Commander
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

SrBiff
Posted 2008-10-11 12:07 AM (#20377)
Subject: Questions about the Power Commander

Cruiser

Las Vegas, NV
Hi all,

My bike has a Power Commander plus the Ness Big Honkers and air intake. I went in for my 500 mile service and they performed the recall.

Before the service, the bike would pop a lot when it was cold. It cleared up after a couple of miles. During the service, they did flash the ECU. Now, when it's cold, the popping is almost totally gone and it runs like a champ, cold or hot.

My question is this: I thought the Power Commander would override any ecu settings. If this is the case, why did flashing the ECU with the recall update clear up the popping? Should I tear the bike down and prove the Power Commander is even hooked up??

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Side Car
Posted 2008-10-11 1:01 PM (#20404 - in reply to #20377)
Subject: RE: Questions about the Power Commander

Puddle Jumper

Salt lake city Ut.
I did not think the power commander unit was availible for the Vision. The flash should change the base map of the fuel curve which in turn would adjust the usb commander #s.
IE the stock grid was -1 and the commander had a +2 if the new flash added fuel in that spot the net quantity of fuel would be increased.
Do you have a part number for the power comander they put on your bike?
I want one.
az rob
Posted 2008-10-14 1:34 PM (#20696 - in reply to #20377)
Subject: Re: Questions about the Power Commander

Cruiser

Sr. Biff glad you like the powercommmander I am thinking about running up to Ness in Nov. to get the big honkers and Power Commander done on my bike
SrBiff
Posted 2008-10-19 3:15 AM (#21072 - in reply to #20377)

Cruiser

Las Vegas, NV
Az Rob, let me know when you're heading this way. I'd be happy to hook up for a ride. Side Car: I don't know th part#, as I bought it before I took possession of the bike.
4speed
Posted 2011-05-28 8:17 PM (#87356 - in reply to #20404)

Puddle Jumper

Regina Sask. Canada
Hi all just Looking to see if any one has played with the timing on there power commanderV ????
I just set the timing to plus 2 in all the windows the bic just seems to run better any in put ??
MaddMAx2u
Posted 2011-06-01 9:34 AM (#87676 - in reply to #20377)

Iron Butt

Orlando, FL
Side car has it right. If you used the PC 5 (and one IS available, just check the PC web site) it just add's and subtracts from the stock ECU base MAP. I say base MAP as the autotune function of the stock ECU is disabled when the PC 5 is added (to have autotune with the PC 5 you must buy the wide band PC Autotune add on). So, changing your stock ECU base MAP changes your overall settings (Stock ECU base MAP plus the +/- correction of the PC 5) I assume the flash update was a free-bie?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™