You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Exhaust Leak issues
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Ditch
Posted 2012-03-19 9:10 PM (#110465)
Subject: Exhaust Leak issues

Cruiser

Hello all,
I have an 08 vision that has been driving me nuts... I have exhaust leaks at the cylinder head every 1500-2000 miles depending on what I have been doing with the bike. The flanges have been tightened to the point that Kevinx said they were starting to bend inward.... yes, I know, not good.

So I bought lloydz gaskets and I have taken off heat shields, muffler clamps, bolts on the crossover etc... with no luck.
I have looked everywhere on a little bit of guidance to replace these and haven't found any information.

Can someone please give me a little direction on what i actually need to do in order to replace the gaskets?

Thanks in advance as you guys always come through and i really appreciate it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
varyder
Posted 2012-03-19 9:40 PM (#110470 - in reply to #110465)
Subject: Re: Exhaust Leak issues

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
The lloydz should do the trick, but also make sure you have a flat mating surface on the pipe and in the port. My pipe was malformed from the casting it seemed like and I smoothed it. The ports can get sooted up from the blow-by and that needs to be cleaned. Be careful though, that's aluminum.
Ditch
Posted 2012-03-19 10:01 PM (#110472 - in reply to #110465)
Subject: RE: Exhaust Leak issues

Cruiser

Thank you, I wasn't really clear on what i was looking for, sorry. I cant get the pipes out of the ports after quite a bit of work.
That is the issue I am having, removing the pipes in order to get to the gaskets.
Thanks!
varyder
Posted 2012-03-19 10:33 PM (#110477 - in reply to #110465)
Subject: Re: Exhaust Leak issues

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
Oh - The manual, if you have one, is clear on how to remove. However, I'll see if I can remember what I can. It's best to remove your mufflers, then crossover first. I spray them with liquid wrench to loosen the rust. Then you keep the front pipe mounted and loosen and remove the rear pipe. To remove the front you will have to drop the right floorboard also. With a little patience you'll get them off.

See if that helps, or someone may chime in if I forgot something, like disconnecting your o2 sensor wires.
Ditch
Posted 2012-03-19 10:55 PM (#110479 - in reply to #110465)
Subject: RE: Exhaust Leak issues

Cruiser

Thanks a bunch Varyder! As ridiculous as it sounds I never considered it would be in there.... ooops!
Thank you I found it!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™