You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Autotune Programming and Operation
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

RCS
Posted 2010-07-05 9:17 PM (#63865)
Subject: Autotune Programming and Operation

Cruiser

AZ
Hello,

With the installation of my PC5 and Autotune complete, I thought I'd document my setup and initial operation of both. Also, if anyone wishes to critique and/or add their suggestions to what I'm doing based on their experiences with their Autotune please do.

My PC5 came with a base map from Fuel Moto for a stock Vision engine, Hi-Performance air filter, and stage 1 mufflers. ( I drilled a one-inch hole in the baffle of my stock mufflers so as they would "flow" better).

I configured ("checked") the autotune as follows: auto tune enabled, enable hardware switch, required runtime set for 60 seconds, required engine temp was left unchecked, enrichment trims set to 20%, and set for 2 sensors.

I will be riding it to work starting tomorrow and will hook up my computer at least each night for this week to check/accept the trims.

Am I forgeting anything ??

regards

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Webhair
Posted 2010-07-06 9:12 AM (#63887 - in reply to #63865)
Subject: Re: Autotune Programming and Operation

Iron Butt

Peachtree City, GA
Nothing off the top of my head... As 1atom12 said in another thread... when you connect your computer to the PCV... Get Map from PCV. Review the Trim adjustments. Accept the Trim adjustments. Then Send the map back to the PCV.
RCS
Posted 2010-07-07 9:11 PM (#64005 - in reply to #63865)
Subject: RE: Autotune Programming and Operation

Cruiser

AZ
Hello,

Well, I hooked up my computer after today's ride to work and back and, yep, you probably guessed it, no trim values showed up for either cylinder.

After yesterday, everything (PCV/Autotune modules/O2 sensors) are wired and CAN cabled together correctly. When hooked up to the power commander program on my computer with the engine running, I see the RPM reading as it idles. I also see the AFR values for both cylinders and can watch them change/cycle as I twist the throttle. I can retrieve and send the base map to the PC5.

I have enabled the autotune and even enabled and designated a minimum engine temp (which I did not do the first time). Checked my on/off PC5 MAP switch and verified it is on. Took the bike out for a 5 minute ride and still no trim values showed up in either table.

Suggestons/comments are welcome as to what I need to do/check next.

regards

1atom12
Posted 2010-07-07 9:45 PM (#64009 - in reply to #63865)

Tourer

Atlanta Area
Check to make sure your map switch is closed or you have a wire looped for the switch contacts...

Edited by 1atom12 2010-07-07 9:50 PM
1atom12
Posted 2010-07-07 9:56 PM (#64010 - in reply to #63865)

Tourer

Atlanta Area
BTW, DynoJet has awesome tech support if you give them a call when your hooked up to your bike... You should see some small trimming going on if you just rev it a bit in the garage... DynoJet can help ya out...
RCS
Posted 2010-07-07 10:18 PM (#64013 - in reply to #63865)

Cruiser

AZ
Hello 1atom12,

I checked the on/off switch I wired into the MAP terminals on the PC5 and made rides with it both on and off...after each ride there was still no trim values. I also re-checked all my wire and CAN cables for a second time tonight...every connection was in place on the PC5 and autotune modules.

Yes, I had planned to get up early (before work) and call DynoJet tomorrow morning while I have my computer hooked up to the PC5.

Thanks for all your help,

regards
RCS
Posted 2010-07-08 1:34 PM (#64062 - in reply to #63865)

Cruiser

AZ
Hello,

I called DynoJet this morning. Pat talked me thru my entire setup which seemed to indicate a problem with both the supplied map in the PC5 and I also had incorrectly enabled my engine temp function.

He had me download a different map from their website and load it into my PC5. I then enabled autotune again and sent it to my PC. Started up the bike, idled for about 30 seconds then held throttle at 5% for about 20 seconds.

YEA !! I now showed trim values

My wife has started calling my Vision the "Devil Bike". I told her that 90% of the problems I've had were of my own doing. She replied "that figures".

regards
RCS
Posted 2010-07-09 5:52 PM (#64186 - in reply to #63865)

Cruiser

AZ
Hello,

While I've only accepted the trim adjustments for two days of riding so far, the combination of Hi-performance air filter, one inch drilled-out baffle in my stock pipes, and the PC5 & Autotune have really allowed my 106 engine to rev up quicker and run stronger starting at about 2200rpm to 5000rpm.

Being a former HD rider who used to "upgrade" my engines, what I accomplished on the Vision for about $750.00 and X number of my hours would have cost me thousands on a HD at a dealership.

For those who may ask, I found that drilling out the stock pipes adds a slight "rumble" sound to the mufflers both at idle and cruising speeds...and I do mean slight. Upon heavy acceleration the sound is now closer to a stock pipe on a HD touring bike, which is not loud or objectionable (at least to my ears).

regards,

4speed
Posted 2011-05-08 10:13 PM (#85800 - in reply to #64186)

Puddle Jumper

Regina Sask. Canada
Hi I too drilled out the stock Mufflers 1 1/8 hole sow and I like it just A little more noise
Arkainzeye
Posted 2011-05-09 5:21 AM (#85805 - in reply to #63865)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
So he fuel MOTO map they supplied dyno jet didn't like it ?
4speed
Posted 2011-05-28 8:47 PM (#87366 - in reply to #63865)

Puddle Jumper

Regina Sask. Canada
Hi all just Played with the timing I +2 in all the window for the front and rear cylinder
the Bic just seems to run and start better LOOKING for input
marcparnes
Posted 2011-05-29 12:12 PM (#87406 - in reply to #63865)

Iron Butt

I also added some timing copied from a map originally developed by Lloydz. The bike definitely runs better but I did have one incident. Last month I was in Death Valley and it was about 90F. I noticed some pinging develop but I'm not sure if it was from the heat and the advanced timing or if I ended up with regular gas instead of premium. I filled up in Furnace Creek with what they had labeled as premium which is when the pinging started. I haven't noticed any problem since but then I haven't been in such hot temps either. Next Saturday I'm starting a ride from Florida to New England. If it starts pinging again I'll just stop and put the timing back to stock and let you know.

Marc
4speed
Posted 2011-05-29 5:38 PM (#87433 - in reply to #63865)

Puddle Jumper

Regina Sask. Canada
Hi Marcparnes do you now how much timing that down load had ??
marcparnes
Posted 2011-05-29 6:53 PM (#87435 - in reply to #87433)

Iron Butt

If you like, send me your email address and I'll send you a copy of the entire map I'm running including the ignition table.

Marc
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™