You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Cant get the Cruise to switch off with rolling the throttle
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

candubrain
Posted 2009-05-31 8:33 PM (#35724)
Subject: Cant get the Cruise to switch off with rolling the throttle

Cruiser

Kincardine, Ontario, Canada
One method of turning off the Cruise control is to force the throttle forward. as stated in the owners manual. This no longer works on my bike. I can stop the cruise by using the brakes.
Any Ideas? Do the cables need adjusting to correct this?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
clubford00
Posted 2009-06-01 12:23 AM (#35732 - in reply to #35724)
Subject: Re: Cant get the Cruise to switch off with rolling the throttle

Tourer

Buffalo Grove,Ill
Mine doesnt do it either, clutch or brakes is all. Or if i accelerate more than 15mph over the set speed.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2009-06-01 5:13 AM (#35735 - in reply to #35724)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
i dont ever remember giving it more fuel turning off my cruise... hell my car doesnt do that either... Only hitting the brake...
CoolHandLuke
Posted 2009-06-01 6:34 AM (#35737 - in reply to #35724)

Iron Butt

, FL United States
While on a 150 mile lunch run yesterday I did a couple of "passing blasts" up to triple digits while cruise was set @ 80 mph. if I slowly returned to cruising speed the cruise control would hold BUT if I let off all @ once (just rolled off the throttle completely) the C-C would lose it's mind & I'd have to hit Resume to get it back on.
ElroyJ
Posted 2009-06-01 5:57 PM (#35786 - in reply to #35724)
Subject: RE: Cant get the Cruise to switch off with rolling the throttle

Tourer

Centennial, CO
candubrain - 2009-05-31 6:33 PM

One method of turning off the Cruise control is to force the throttle forward. as stated in the owners manual. This no longer works on my bike. I can stop the cruise by using the brakes.
Any Ideas? Do the cables need adjusting to correct this?

I used this method on the demo bike I rode. I didn't like how abrupt it was. I was like slamming on the brake for a quick second.

The brake and your hand on the throttle will make for an easier transition. IF you have to hit the brake in an emergency...you would NOT be using the throttle anyway.

Bottom line...I don't use the throttle on mine. Too rough!
candubrain
Posted 2009-06-01 6:37 PM (#35790 - in reply to #35724)

Cruiser

Well I put the cruise control system through a diagnostic test tonight and found out that the "Throttle Safety Switch" is not working. This switch disengages the CC when the throttle is rolled forward to the closed position. I also know that 2 wires go to the switch a red with white stripe and a pink.
Here is the new mystery question, "Where is the TSS?" I pulled off both cheese wedges, the center console and the seat. I followed the CC cable down behind the rear cylinder, but no where could I find it. It wouldn't be in the switch cubes on the handle bars???
Bike is under warranty, but the dealer is 3 hrs away. I'm hoping to find a loose connector as I did with my HID switch.

Edited by candubrain 2009-06-01 6:38 PM
ElroyJ
Posted 2009-06-01 7:01 PM (#35796 - in reply to #35790)

Tourer

Centennial, CO
Diagnostic? How do you do that?

As for the TSS...no clue. Sorry!
candubrain
Posted 2009-06-01 7:11 PM (#35798 - in reply to #35724)

Cruiser

There are a couple of diagnostic features on the vision, basically by counting number the flashes of light, in this case the cruise control lamp on the dash.
The diagnostics is performed by using various switches in sequence to enter the parameter you wish to check. Without a manual, it's too detailed to explain.
if you query this forum, you will find where you can download a factory service manual for free
Lotzafun
Posted 2009-06-02 8:42 AM (#35852 - in reply to #35796)

Iron Butt

Rockford, IL

ElroyJ - 2009-06-01 6:01 PM Diagnostic? How do you do that? As for the TSS...no clue. Sorry!

I think the service manual mentions some of the diagnostic codes and such. Here is the link http://www.mediafire.com/2008visioninfo

edradio
Posted 2009-06-02 10:54 AM (#35859 - in reply to #35724)
Subject: RE: Cant get the Cruise to switch off with rolling the throttle

Cruiser

Las Vegas, Nevada USA baby!
candubrain - 2009-05-31 5:33 PM

turning off the Cruise control is to force the throttle forward.

Mine did this turn off method for the first three or four months until I really got used to it and loved it. Then it stopped. I have just got used to not having it now. I sure do love cruise control though, especially out here in the wide open desert spaces!
candubrain
Posted 2009-06-02 6:14 PM (#35899 - in reply to #35724)

Cruiser

Problem is fixed. A member of another site pointed me in the right direction. The Throttle Safety Switch is part of the throttle cable and can be found about 1/2 way between the switch cubes and the throttle bodies. If you look down the right side opening between the console and tank you will see it.
Anyway both connectors had come off, as with the HID switch, the connectors have no locking tabs, unbelievable for a motorcycle not to have them. I put them back on and everything works again.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™