You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Passenger floorboard risers
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

witchbiker
Posted 2008-11-03 8:31 AM (#22345)
Subject: Passenger floorboard risers

Cruiser

Barefoot Bay, FL United States
Has anyone had a problem with the riser kit for the passenger floorboards? The ones I just put on my '08 Vision TP are so loose that when I flip them up in the 'no passenger' position, they hit the saddlebag!! I can't believe Polaris would sell and ship this bad of a product.
The risers look like they are very well machined except for some burrs, but the assembly directions talk about a 6mm Allen wrench for the head of the screw, and a 13mm socket for the selflocking nut. WRONG on my kit. It needed a 5mm Allen and a 10mm socket!!! WHASSUP WID DAT?? This kit was purchased directly from Polaris on-line.
GGrrrrrr!!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Rebel
Posted 2008-11-03 9:09 AM (#22347 - in reply to #22345)
Subject: Re: Passenger floorboard risers

Iron Butt

Linwood, MI
Most all of us that have put the kit on have gone with larger bolts than the ones in the kit. If you do a search of the forums for the Risers you'll find the thread where one of our community actually lists the part #s for the replacement bolts to use for it. I just can't remember what they are off the top of my head.
Newfie
Posted 2008-11-03 11:09 PM (#22384 - in reply to #22345)
Subject: RE: Passenger floorboard risers

Cruiser

Edmonton, AB
Witchbiker, I think this is the thread that Rebel was talking about.

http://www.vision-riders.com/bb/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=2016&pos...

Hope this helps.
OzVision
Posted 2009-06-25 7:59 PM (#37548 - in reply to #22345)

Puddle Jumper

G,day Witchbiker,

Installed the passenger floor board risers, had no problems - make sure you move the ball bearing and spring from the standard mount up to the raiser, to ensure the boards stop when at top, etc....If this hasn't been done floor boards will be loose and won't stop when ball bearing springs into recess on floor board. If this has been done and still have problem, try a slightly longer spring to provide more pressure on ball bearing and floor board...

Cheers

Swampy
nohawg
Posted 2009-06-25 8:27 PM (#37552 - in reply to #22345)

Cruiser

Fargo, ND
When I installed my riser blocks, I needed both larger bolts and a longer detent spring. After mounting correctly, they work as nicely as the boards with the stock mounting. I agree you shouldn't have to buy parts to install genuine Victory accessories. I also bought the backrest and luggage rack to mount when I remove my trunk, and the bolts for the luggage rack were both too small, and too short. The bolts weren't even long enough to extend through the rack and backrest, let alone get a nut on. $26 for chrome nuts and bolts later, I had a good installation. That was after I had to re-order the backrest because the rubber grommets for the cutouts on the fill panel were 2 different sizes. One of them was so small it just fell through the cutout. Of course you can't order the grommets seperately. None of these were much of a big deal, but irritating is a good word.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2009-06-26 5:53 AM (#37571 - in reply to #37552)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
i installed mine lastnight.. i used all that is came with.. i noticed they were loose, so i just leave then in the Down position. they Never flopped around.. i would have to hit serious bumps or what not to make them floorboard (which are loose) move up and down..
divesharc
Posted 2009-06-28 8:46 AM (#37661 - in reply to #22345)

Cruiser

VA
If I read this correctly, I think what Witch is talking about is not that the floorboard does stay in the upright position, or that is goes past the spring. What I think you are talking about is how they block (riser) swivels a little on the mount. I noticed the same thing. When you flip up the board, the block still moves. In the down position, the block rests on the tip-over. But beacuse of the way it is made, the block has play in it going back towards the bike. I thought I had put them on wrong. I wondered the same thing. Thought it was kinda cheap that way. The only thing that I can think is that they designed it that way because it allows you to mount more that one set of riders together? Or, they were using blocks from another project, and didn't want to redo it.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™