You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Got Mine
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

chahn1
Posted 2007-10-04 10:12 AM (#612)
Subject: Got Mine

Puddle Jumper

Glendale, AZ.
Took delivery of Silver tour Premium. It is definitly all that they say. Put 60 miles on it last night. The wife loves her new seat! The radio is great. nothing I have been on rides and handles like this.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
pollolittle
Posted 2007-10-04 10:22 AM (#613 - in reply to #612)
Subject: Re: Got Mine

Visionary

Brighton, TN
congrats! What are you comparing it to?
g1nomad
Posted 2007-10-04 5:06 PM (#615 - in reply to #612)
Subject: RE: Got Mine

Tourer

SC, Bluffton
Couple quick questions please. Does the premium have the cigarette style 12v power plugs
anywhere, or is that an option that must be ordered? 2) It has self canceling turn signals,
correct? 3) Is the engine black with silver fins, or the blonde with silver fins. 4) Does the
top trunk have a light inside? 5) Did you get either chrome front forks or the $250 accessories
discount or neither?

Thanks! Mine is the super steel gray "premium" tour on order.

Herb

Edited by g1nomad 2007-10-04 5:07 PM
chahn1
Posted 2007-10-04 5:37 PM (#616 - in reply to #612)

Puddle Jumper

Glendale, AZ.
The power outlet in the trunk and the glove box are victory - bmw style. you will need victory part #2588092 to get a regular cigarette lighter reciever. It has self canceling tun signals. the engine is black with black fins. The trunk does have a light in it. I did get a $250.00 credit for the chrome forks. The electric windsheild is great and easy to control, as is the radioas soon as I figure out how to load the photos I will. I will say this It was worth the wait!!
g1nomad
Posted 2007-10-05 9:19 AM (#626 - in reply to #616)

Tourer

SC, Bluffton
Thanks for the reply!
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-10-05 10:25 AM (#628 - in reply to #612)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
What am I going to do with out a cig. liter?
Rebel
Posted 2007-10-05 11:32 PM (#642 - in reply to #628)

Iron Butt

Linwood, MI
BUCKEYE - 2007-10-05 10:25 AM

What am I going to do with out a cig. liter?

Quit smoking?
okthenbye
Posted 2007-10-06 2:53 AM (#643 - in reply to #612)

Cruiser

Stockton, Ca.
Picking up my Midnight Cherry Tour in the motning. Yahoo!
luzzy
Posted 2007-10-06 8:24 PM (#644 - in reply to #643)

Cruiser

Coastal , NJ
WOO HOO!!!!!
radioteacher
Posted 2007-10-07 6:19 PM (#648 - in reply to #612)
Subject: RE: Got Mine

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
What chrome comes on the tour premium? Did for add any options yet?

Paul
chahn1
Posted 2007-10-08 10:14 AM (#649 - in reply to #612)

Puddle Jumper

Glendale, AZ.
The controls - handlebars - shift and brake foot controls - floorboards for rider and passenger - front tip over point. Most of the options in the assc. book were not available. I ordered the stage 1 kit with level 2 and the cb com. kit my dealer has nothing at this point.
We rode 580 miles this weekend. The bike handles fantastic. The ride is great!! It is really comfortable. I'm getting around 43 miles to the gallon. The cruise control works better than the one in my truck.
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-10-09 7:17 PM (#690 - in reply to #612)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
I am not a quiter! I'm still waiting on my bike.....blah blah...blah...
The voices in my head say "be patient", but I just want to slap someone! We are fighting and I'm winning,..we think.
POST PICTURES, or the old guy behind the keyboards getting a black eye!
cjnoho
Posted 2007-11-17 9:19 PM (#1962 - in reply to #612)

Visionary

So Cal
Got tired of waiting for my dealer to call. Called another dealer in the area, they had a black tour premium on the showroom floor. Went to the new dealer and had the deal done in 2 hours. Put 90 mi on it on the way home. Gave my old dealer the bad news. Anyone looking for a black tour premium with Ca emissions. Palmdale dealer has an extra. If youre ever on I 101 in ventura, ca, I highly recommend you stop at V-Twins 101. Just a block away from the ventura HD dealer. Excellent people, top notch staff. I now look forward to scheduled services by them due to the fantastic treatment during my delivery.
Joe H
Posted 2007-11-17 9:37 PM (#1963 - in reply to #612)

Cruiser

Eyota, MN
Picked mine up last night, it was 39 degrees and didn't have a coat, gloves, or even a hat along. I didn't care, I would of rode it home buck naked if I had to!! What an awesome bike, I was smiling all the way home.
Lone Ranger
Posted 2007-11-17 11:25 PM (#1964 - in reply to #616)

Tourer

Cleveland, GA

chahn1 - 2007-10-04 4:37 PM The power outlet in the trunk and the glove box are victory - bmw style. you will need victory part #2588092 to get a regular cigarette lighter reciever.

Be careful what you order.  The standard Accessory Power Port Kit for the 2008 Victory Vision is part number 2856746 and is two covered power ports that are BMW STYLE.  I didn't know this when I ordered the plug-ins. 

jama
Posted 2007-11-18 3:09 PM (#1976 - in reply to #1964)

Cruiser

Arkansas
I've seen these pwr plugs: one in the rear portion of the trunk, and one in the pocket on the left console. My question is: what do you plug into them? I mean; I can see recharging stuff with them, but what if you want to power something on the outside of the bike? You gonna run a cord from under the lids and across the paint? Tell me what I'm missing here.
VisionTex
Posted 2007-11-18 9:43 PM (#1980 - in reply to #1976)

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
These plugs are normally used for recharging items. The unit in the trunk could be easily used for rider/passengers electric clothing, such as gloves, vest, etc......, with creative passage of the wire.
Lone Ranger
Posted 2007-11-19 12:22 AM (#1984 - in reply to #1980)

Tourer

Cleveland, GA

VisionTex - 2007-11-18 8:43 PM These plugs are normally used for recharging items. The unit in the trunk could be easily used for rider/passengers electric clothing, such as gloves, vest, etc......, with creative passage of the wire.

I believe heated jackets and gloves normally have BMW-type plugs on them and that's why the optional power ports are BMW style.  They're supposed to be installed on the console just below the radio display and in the passenger's right-side 'arm rest' below the speaker.  I understand a lot of electrical items are beginning to be equipped with convertible plugs that can swing either way (cigarette lighter or BMW).  So I suppose that means there are adapters available if I want to use the BMW ports.

The glove box on the left comes standard with an MP3 connector, so the power port there is probably for the MP3 device.  The trunk? I dunno - maybe to charge cellphones or whatever while you ride.  Or maybe just there just because it can be.

cjnoho
Posted 2007-11-19 12:27 AM (#1985 - in reply to #612)

Visionary

So Cal
The ride home from the dealer (80mi) pretty much took care of the first leg of the breakin period outlined in the owners manual. Had work related training today, really limited my riding. Rode to school and looked at it through the window all day. The morning was foggy. Gave me a chance to test the grip heaters and the HID. They both worked perfectly, a welcome addition. Notice some gear noise below 3k RPM in all gears. Seems to have less as miles are added. Have yet to experience any eccesive or uncomfortable heat from the motor, both days of riding, temp here was mid 70's. Not impressed with the radio reception, but dealer had many of the accessories in stock. Bought the XM radio. They wanted to install it that day, but it would have taken a couple more hours, and all I wanted to do was ride it. They will install it at 500 mi. service. Very impressed with the new dealer, they really know how to treat a customer. Got a deal for tires for life of the bike if all services are done through them. I was amazed at the accessories they had in stock because I was under the impression that most would not be available till next year. I did notice the dents in both bags near the lock assembly. Really had to look for them. Probably wouldnt have noticed them if it wasnt mentioned on this website. Even on a black bike they are hard to find. I will let the dealer know just in case Victory decides to address the problem. All of the freeways here are groved for rain disapation and the bike feels a little twitchy at high speed. Nothing alarming just something I noticed, maybe after the tires wear some it will improve. Windshield has no distortion mentioned by other owners. Cant tell any diffrence with it up or down. Havent ridden with a passenger yet till I get used to the diffrent layout of the controls etc. Did have my wife sit on the back before we left the dealer to see if she needed the extenders on the rear foot rests. She is 5'3" petite, and she had no problem reaching them without. overall this is an exellent bike!!! Im glad I changed dealers also. Definately helped improve the experience. I think they added the glovebox to keep all the speeding tickets in. No tickets yet, but it is very difficult to keep this bike under the speed limit. Had it to 110 today, thats fast enough for now. Amazed at the pull in 6th gear. It is a lot quieter than my harley, but I kind of like it. It definately has a nice rumble to it under power. Not sure if power mods are necessary at this point, time will tell.
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-11-19 2:54 AM (#1988 - in reply to #612)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
cjnoho, where is your dealer? Mines out of Corona. CONGRATULATIONS!
cjnoho
Posted 2007-11-21 8:46 PM (#2180 - in reply to #612)

Visionary

So Cal
My dealers in Camarillo. This new dealer has his s**t together. He ordered 75 bikes. delivered 4 on sat. Has most of the accessories in stock. Had to make my appointment for 500 mi. service before I left. He's backed up till dec. Sorry it took so long to answer, Ive been riding. Wont be long BUCKEYE youll be tradin those kleenex in.
wrr1home
Posted 2007-11-27 2:02 PM (#2261 - in reply to #612)

Cruiser

After 4 delays, I finally rode my Super Steel Gray Premium Tour home last Wednesday. What an awesome ride!!!! I loved my '99 V92C Deluxe, but the improvements are more than I can explain.... Will need to go back for the rest of the toys to be installed, but for now, I'm riding mine!
TimS
Posted 2007-11-27 3:09 PM (#2262 - in reply to #612)
Subject: Got Mine on Saturday

Iron Butt

My dealer told me to stop by on Saturday and finalize my accessories list. When I got there, he had black and red Premiums in, but not the Silver I ordered yet. I finalized my accessory list and rode out with a red one (didn't want to wait any more for the Silver one). Put over 500 miles on it before I got home. The heated seats and grips are a plus (got down in the 40's with humidity and winds). The head light system also works great.

Waiting to schedule my 500 mile checkup and get the accessories added.

- Tall windshield
- CB/Intercom
- Extra accessory plugs for heated clothing.
- Foot pegs
- Chrome kick stand
- iPOD Cable
- GPS mount
- Various Cables
- 2 Headsets and microphones
- Cargo nets for sidebags.
- Passenger running board risers.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :