You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Low CB Headset Volume with Level 1 pipes?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

TimS
Posted 2008-05-27 1:02 PM (#10935)
Subject: Low CB Headset Volume with Level 1 pipes?

Iron Butt

After putting on new pipes, I can hardly hear the CB through the headset speakers at highway speeds. 

Is anyone else having this problem?  If so, are there any remedies (already put the CB volume up to 30)?

Thanks,

Tim 

Top of the page Bottom of the page
varyder
Posted 2008-05-27 1:04 PM (#10936 - in reply to #10935)
Subject: RE: Low CB Headset Volume with Level 1 pipes?

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
This is one problem that really bothers me. The CB volume is so low that at top volume it is hard to hear. So I understand the dilemma with L1 pipes.
Spock
Posted 2008-05-27 2:20 PM (#10939 - in reply to #10935)

Tourer

Carrollton, TX

Are you using the Victory headset and mic kit? I am using the top of the line one from J&M Corp mounted in the Arai helmet and while it is not as loud as I would like I have been told it is noticeably louder than the Victory kit.

Most of us Vision riders who are older don't have the hearing we once had and we need all the volume we can get.

TimS
Posted 2008-05-27 2:24 PM (#10940 - in reply to #10939)

Iron Butt

I ordered the J&M Elite headset this weekend to see if it works any better than the stock headset.

If that doesn't work, I will be investigating an 12VDC inline headphone amp.  The headphone amp should boost any headset.

Tim 

varyder
Posted 2008-05-27 2:31 PM (#10942 - in reply to #10939)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
Spock - 2008-05-27 2:20 PM

Are you using the Victory headset and mic kit? I am using the top of the line one from J&M Corp mounted in the Arai helmet and while it is not as loud as I would like I have been told it is noticeably louder than the Victory kit.

Most of us Vision riders who are older don't have the hearing we once had and we need all the volume we can get.

COULD YOU SPEAK UP A LITTLE MORE, I'VE NOT GOT ME HEARING AIDE YET!

TimS
Posted 2008-05-29 12:34 PM (#11052 - in reply to #10939)
Subject: J&M Elite Headset observations

Iron Butt

I received my J&M Elite full face helmet headset yesterday and installed it into my Shoei X-Eleven full face helmet.

The Elite speakers are thicker than the stock Vision speakers, thus I had to mill out the inside of the helmet to get them to fit. The mic is also pretty close in chin bar of the full face helmet. The Elites sound clearer than the Victory headsets and are clear with the volume all the way up to 30. They are loud enough to hear the CB at highway speeds with the Big Honker pipes. They seem to be a bit tinny sounding (midrange and treble, no bass). When I turn up the radio's bass control, there is no difference in sound. When I turn the radio's treble level up, there is a difference. They do not put out enough volume to suit any headbangers, but they are suitable for COM and CB.

I am looking into inline headphone amplifiers now to splice into the CB/COM units outgoing wiring harness to boost both headsets.

Tim

Update:  I removed the Elite's padded shroud from around the speakers and the volume is a bit higher.  The padded shroud was covering part of the front of the speakers.

Edited by TimS 2008-05-29 1:01 PM
Fergy
Posted 2008-05-29 4:22 PM (#11066 - in reply to #10935)

Cruiser

Frisco, TX
TimS - 2008-05-27 12:02 PM

After putting on new pipes, I can hardly hear the CB through the headset speakers at highway speeds. 

Is anyone else having this problem?  If so, are there any remedies (already put the CB volume up to 30)?

Thanks,

Tim 

Do you have the latest firmware upgrade to 4.13A? I put my CB volume between 15-18 and it's very loud even at 100 MPH.

TimS
Posted 2008-05-30 12:19 AM (#11104 - in reply to #11066)

Iron Butt

I had it flashed a couple of weeks ago.  I will have to check the version number.

Tim 

NCRYDER
Posted 2016-04-10 9:59 AM (#181892 - in reply to #10940)
Subject: Re: Low CB Headset Volume with Level 1 pipes?

Puddle Jumper

My bike is a 2009 Vision with a Victory intercom/cb that I installled. Recently my volume was low. I followed the instructions to pull up the version of the radio and CB firmware. CB is 5.21 and radio is same. To my surprise, after I returned to normal mode using stock headset, my volume was Too loud. I had to turn it down. Check passenger port and it works great also.

One more trick was moving the speakers closer to my ears using padding.
johnnyvision
Posted 2016-04-10 5:32 PM (#181895 - in reply to #10935)
Subject: Re: Low CB Headset Volume with Level 1 pipes?

Visionary

ear wax go see doctor
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™