You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Metzlers on a '09 Vision
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Ditch
Posted 2013-07-08 1:15 PM (#141355 - in reply to #107931)
Subject: RE: Metzlers on a '09 Vision

Cruiser

joe schmoe - 2012-02-17 6:41 AM

Seriously thinking about switching to Metzlers on the next set of tires I get...Has anybody been running them?

I ride 99% one up, don't carry much stuff, so the load rating I don't think would be an issue....Just want a better (or more consistent) type tire...The E3's seem t change with temp and weather conditions to much....

I have used dunlop E3's, Avon cobras and now Metzlers. In my opinion the E3 was noisy and a bit hard for my riding style. I had used Avons before and I have always liked them alot. However, for whatever reason I was lucky to get 6000 miles out of the Avon rear. There was quite an extensive bantering post regarding this issue that should be easy to find. Yes, I always had the tire properly inflated, mostly one up riding. So apparently results vary, I am just presenting the facts as they were in my case. As far as I am concerned the Avons do not work for me as a pair of tires every two oil changes is unacceptale.
I have about 2000 miles on the metzlers and they have great traction, deep tread and seem to be a pretty solid all around tire. I do feel that the longevity will be very good with these.
Good luck!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™