You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Hey Hippo!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

tralphaz
Posted 2008-05-28 9:02 PM (#11024)
Subject: Hey Hippo!

Tourer

How do you like your new pipes? I'm still waiting for them to ship mine out, they said they'd ship them to me this week, I hope they are worth the wait.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Hippo
Posted 2008-05-28 11:47 PM (#11032 - in reply to #11024)
Subject: Re: Hey Hippo!

Cruiser

Warren, Vermont
I got the pipes the other day but haven't had the chance to install them. I removed about 1/2 the insulation from the first five inches of the baffles and I'm ready to install this weekend. I'll post the results..

Hippo
Hippo
Posted 2008-05-31 8:33 PM (#11191 - in reply to #11024)
Subject: Cycle Dragon Pipes

Cruiser

Warren, Vermont
I took the time this rainy day to install the Cycle Dragon mufflers. As I mentioned I prepped them by removing the end cap and cutting away about 1/ the insulation from the last 5 inches of the pipe.

The installation was pretty straight forward, although I was glad I had the Vision shop manual to tell me how to remove the seat, side covers, lower saddlebag access panel, and mufflers.

It was pretty easy and the whole process took about 3.5 hours. They sound great - louder than the stock and with a nice rumble to them but not obnoxiously loud.

Next, I take it to Laconia to have Lloyd install his diffuser and controller and tune it up.

Hippo
tralphaz
Posted 2008-06-26 6:56 PM (#12440 - in reply to #11191)
Subject: RE: Cycle Dragon Pipes

Tourer

Hippo - 2008-05-31 5:33 PM

I took the time this rainy day to install the Cycle Dragon mufflers. As I mentioned I prepped them by removing the end cap and cutting away about 1/ the insulation from the last 5 inches of the pipe.

The installation was pretty straight forward, although I was glad I had the Vision shop manual to tell me how to remove the seat, side covers, lower saddlebag access panel, and mufflers.

It was pretty easy and the whole process took about 3.5 hours. They sound great - louder than the stock and with a nice rumble to them but not obnoxiously loud.

Next, I take it to Laconia to have Lloyd install his diffuser and controller and tune it up.

Hippo

I actually removed half of the insulation, not off the length but in density, bike definitely has a nice rumble, since I removed the cats, it felt like I lost a little power but have since installed LLoyds VFC-08 (didn't get the stainless bracket he advertises that is supposed to come with it though) anyway power is much better now, diffuser and K&N filter is next......... BTW, have you taken it to LLoyds yet? I'm curious since we have similar setups , I'd like to know what settings are working for you.

Edited by tralphaz 2008-06-26 6:58 PM
Hippo
Posted 2008-06-26 10:08 PM (#12447 - in reply to #11024)
Subject: Re: Hey Hippo!

Cruiser

Warren, Vermont
I haven't taken it to Lloyd yet since he's got a bad back and missed Laconia. I'll probably get him to send up the controller and diffuser and see about that. I'm riding it out to Sturgis so I want it running great!

Hippo
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™