You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Passanger Floorboard Extensions
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Breaker
Posted 2008-05-30 3:12 AM (#11114)
Subject: Passanger Floorboard Extensions

Iron Butt

Western WA
Anyone have these installed?

I'd like to see some before and after pics if you have them. I'm having a hard time visualizing how they move the passengers feet and leg position.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
VisionTex
Posted 2008-05-30 7:36 AM (#11121 - in reply to #11114)
Subject: RE: Passanger Floorboard Extensions

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
Breaker, here is a picture.
Newfie
Posted 2008-05-31 12:47 PM (#11173 - in reply to #11114)

Cruiser

Edmonton, AB
I had the floorboard risers installed prior to pick up so I can't help with the before pics and I see VisionTex has already posted an after pic.

My Co-pilot is abut 5'2". Even with the risers the back of her legs still rub a little on the saddle bag covers but not enough to cause any discomfort for her. Without the risers her legs would likely be resting on the saddle bag covers and that wouldn't help for her comfort at all. We have spent up to 8 hours in a day on bike and she has never made any comments on any discomfort in her legs.

For shorter Co-pilots I think the floorboard risers are a must have add-on.
Breaker
Posted 2008-05-31 4:12 PM (#11183 - in reply to #11114)
Subject: Re: Passanger Floorboard Extensions

Iron Butt

Western WA
Thanks guys, I'm definitely going to pick up a pair.
NastySplinter
Posted 2008-06-09 2:37 PM (#11604 - in reply to #11183)

Puddle Jumper

Strongsville, Ohio
VisionTex,
When you mounted the risers, are they loose on the rear tip-overs?

When I installed ours, I used the supplied bolts. The bolt diameter is way smaller than the hole in either block and tip-over. No matter how tight you crank down on them, the risers wobble on the tip-overs.

Wondering if I went with a chrome bolt the same diameter of the holes in the risers, if this would stop the play.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Edited by NastySplinter 2008-06-09 2:38 PM
VisionTex
Posted 2008-06-09 3:56 PM (#11610 - in reply to #11604)

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
N.S., yes they are loose when you flip them up, after 9000 miles there has been no issue.
ebayjoe
Posted 2008-06-09 4:15 PM (#11612 - in reply to #11114)

Cruiser

East Ohio
I also had them installed, worried about he paint, they are a little loose, no problem, my co-rider loves them, she didn't think they would make that much difference, but says she is much more cmfortable

08 Super Steel
DecTec
Posted 2008-06-23 6:15 PM (#12266 - in reply to #11114)

Cruiser

Pocono Mountains of PA
I also had a pair installed prior to picking up my Vision. They flopped around a bit. After about 600 miles, I lost the left rear floorboard!! The pins are held on only by a c clip and when they were installed the shop did not move the ball and spring up to the top of the risor. About 150 miles later, the right one fell off., but I found that one

So back to the shop I went and $130 later I had a new left floorboard. I've replaced all the pins with 5/16 stainless allen head bolts and nylocks with loctite. They no longer flop and have styed on for the last 2000 miles.

Check and replace the c clip and pins with good quality bolts and nylocks....

BTW.... I spoke to another Vision rider who had the same thing happen....
Breaker
Posted 2008-06-24 5:05 PM (#12326 - in reply to #11114)

Iron Butt

Western WA
Same thing on mine after I installed them.

Good advice DecTec, I'm going to replace those bolts this week.
VisionTex
Posted 2008-06-24 6:28 PM (#12331 - in reply to #12266)

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
DecTec - 2008-06-23 5:15 PM

I also had a pair installed prior to picking up my Vision. They flopped around a bit. After about 600 miles, I lost the left rear floorboard!! The pins are held on only by a c clip and when they were installed the shop did not move the ball and spring up to the top of the risor. About 150 miles later, the right one fell off., but I found that one

So back to the shop I went and $130 later I had a new left floorboard. I've replaced all the pins with 5/16 stainless allen head bolts and nylocks with loctite. They no longer flop and have styed on for the last 2000 miles.

Check and replace the c clip and pins with good quality bolts and nylocks....

BTW.... I spoke to another Vision rider who had the same thing happen....

DecTec, I put on my own risers, and the first thing I noticed was the snap rings (C Clips) were junk. The factory ones are good for one install. Your dealer just hosed you, he reused the original snap rings, and he made you buy another floorboard, WOW!!!! I hope he didn't charge you to put them on. I went to the automotive parts store and bought 75 cents worth of good snap rings, not a problem after 10,000 miles.
DecTec
Posted 2008-06-30 2:14 PM (#12610 - in reply to #12331)

Cruiser

Pocono Mountains of PA
I don't claim to be wrench, but I put them on my self. The dealer admitted thet they were the first risers they put on. I do most of the add ons myself. They put them on for me.

By putting on stuff myself, I know how they are done, and can blame only myself if there are problems.
Teach
Posted 2008-06-30 3:10 PM (#12615 - in reply to #11114)

Visionary

I don't need the risers but instead am keeping my eye out for a board that has more forward foot pad. The stock just doesn't sweep forward enough for the Mrs.
Tramp
Posted 2008-06-30 4:05 PM (#12620 - in reply to #12615)

Cruiser

I talked to one of Victory's engineers at Thunder in The Valley (Johnstown, Pa) Saturday and gave him a Kuryakin catalog I had just picked up.
In it are a couple of ideas for passenger highway pegs.
Kuryakin makes a set for the Ultra, and a floorboard with a built in peg for the gl1800, called the Transformer.
There is another company that makes them for the Royal Star Venture.
The nice thing about these setups is it gives the passenger a second place to put her feet when riding. It isn't an either or situation like the risers.
Breaker
Posted 2008-06-30 4:30 PM (#12622 - in reply to #12615)

Iron Butt

Western WA
Teach - 2008-06-30 12:10 PM

I don't need the risers but instead am keeping my eye out for a board that has more forward foot pad. The stock just doesn't sweep forward enough for the Mrs.

Ya know, that is the one thing that I do have trouble with on the Vision. The floorboards, (until I put the risers on), hit me right in the back of the calf making it very difficult when coming to a stop. It's better now but I still have to be careful.
mike s
Posted 2008-06-30 9:11 PM (#12641 - in reply to #11114)

Cruiser

Valdosta, GA
When I installed mine with the factory included hardware, my boards flopped around way too much for my comfort level. So, I too the original pins down to the local hardware store and found chrome allen head bolts of the same diameter. Mine no longer flop around and they look better without the larger heads of the supplied bolts.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2008-09-09 4:16 PM (#17742 - in reply to #12622)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
Im embarrassed to ask this but i need help. I got my flloorboard risers (again) 1st time it only came with 1. But this time no instructions. Im embarrassed cause i feel this shouldnt need instructions. but i find myself confused. Here is why, when i removed the floorboard from the tip over protection piece i noticed a little steel ball. When i try and install that little steel ball on the Riser it falls right down into there.. So im wondering if you would to move the floorboard upright what hold its there and stops it from flopping around? Also since im on a roll here, does the threaded screw go in the top to hold the floorboard OR is it used to mount the riser to the Tip over protection. I ask cause when i put the screw part up top the floorboard seem loose and moves around alot... can someone please show me the way...
NastySplinter
Posted 2008-09-09 7:54 PM (#17755 - in reply to #17742)

Puddle Jumper

Strongsville, Ohio
The pin and clip that originally were on the boards stay on the boards. There should be a small spring that fits into the hole where the ball rests. Spring applies pressure to the ball which then it is forced into the indent in the footrest.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2008-09-09 8:13 PM (#17757 - in reply to #11114)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
damn i got No springs in my kit and when i removed the floorboards there were no springs there either. shoot i didnt even get instructions in my kit.. lol
metalguy
Posted 2008-09-12 1:56 AM (#17914 - in reply to #11114)

Tourer

Tacoma, WA
After seeing that the factoryrisers only raised the floorboards 1" and were $100 per set, I decided to make my own. Mine raised the rear floorboards 1.75" and my S.O. is way happier, as she is only 5' tall. She loves them! Only thing is, i didn't make them retractable like factory, as they would hit the bags.-----Metalguy
bigwill5150
Posted 2008-09-12 3:55 AM (#17915 - in reply to #11114)

Iron Butt

Reno County, KS
I am failing to see how these help. Would some please explain to me in simple terms what the benefit is? I am sure there is something to be gained for the passenger but I am not sure how having the floorboards raised makes things better.
Rebel
Posted 2008-09-12 9:05 AM (#17919 - in reply to #17915)

Iron Butt

Linwood, MI
bigwill5150 - 2008-09-12 3:55 AM

I am failing to see how these help. Would some please explain to me in simple terms what the benefit is? I am sure there is something to be gained for the passenger but I am not sure how having the floorboards raised makes things better.

In my wife's case--she is only 5'1"--with stock floorboards her calves rested on the saddle bags. This made her legs uncomfortable and caused scuffing on my bags because of the poor paint/clearcoat on the bike. Adding the risers put her legs and feet in a more comfortable sitting position and got her legs off the bags.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™