You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Got an Email from Victory
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

cjnoho
Posted 2007-10-11 8:36 PM (#745)
Subject: Got an Email from Victory

Visionary

So Cal
Dear Victory Vision Rider,

As one of the very first to order a Victory Vision, we value your continued support of Victory, and are excited for you to begin enjoying your new motorcycle. The enthusiasm and excitement from riders like you has driven the interest in the Victory Vision beyond expectations, and we want to share with you our plans to meet the demand.

The Victory Team has worked feverishly to prioritize your Victory Vision reserve order with our production schedule. All reserve bikes are shipping out of our manufacturing facility based on the date they were entered in our system. As we were ramping up production, we did begin manufacturing a quantity of base models without premium features. These are the models dealers are currently receiving along with the reserve orders. We apologize for any delays in shipping or recent ship date changes you may have experienced. We are building your reserve Victory Vision as quickly as possible and are making every attempt to keep our Victory dealers informed.

Victory Motorcycles and our dealers pride themselves on continually delivering products of the highest quality. During final testing of the new 2008 Victory Vision, our engineers detected a potential quality issue with the chrome plating on the front forks included in the premium package. Based on this issue, and our commitment to build the highest quality motorcycle, we will not offer a chrome option for the forks for model year 2008. We will provide you with a $250 accessory credit through your dealer for this change.

We are thrilled you have chosen to be a part of this exciting chapter in motorcycle history. We are confident your very own Victory Vision will deliver the ultimate riding experience with unmatched style, comfort and performance.

Sincerely

The Victory Motorcycle Team
Top of the page Bottom of the page
TimS
Posted 2007-10-11 8:39 PM (#746 - in reply to #745)
Subject: RE: Got an Email from Victory

Iron Butt

I got the same email, but they forgot to include a comfirmed ship date. Guess its going to be a REAL 2008 model

Edited by TimS 2007-10-11 8:39 PM
cjnoho
Posted 2007-10-11 8:39 PM (#747 - in reply to #745)
Subject: Re: Got an Email from Victory

Visionary

So Cal
I think they finally get it. We want info. Good or bad.
cjnoho
Posted 2007-10-11 11:05 PM (#757 - in reply to #745)

Visionary

So Cal
Ive been looking at the photos. Im thinking the lower legs might look better powder coated to match the paint.
tralphaz
Posted 2007-10-12 2:18 PM (#770 - in reply to #746)
Subject: RE: Got an Email from Victory

Tourer

I got the email as well even though my bike already shipped, it's been sitting in a broken down truck 2 hours from home since Saturday
Jedi Jeff
Posted 2007-10-12 3:44 PM (#775 - in reply to #745)

Fountain Inn, SC United States
Gee, when was the last time you got a letter like that from Ford or GM?

Exactly.
VisionTex
Posted 2007-10-16 6:50 PM (#865 - in reply to #757)

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
cjnoho - 2007-10-11 11:05 PM

Ive been looking at the photos. Im thinking the lower legs might look better powder coated to match the paint.

I agree, I believe that is what I'm going to do. Then maybe add the chrome rotor covers next year.
okthenbye
Posted 2007-10-22 12:04 AM (#967 - in reply to #745)

Cruiser

Stockton, Ca.
I received the email and a letter with the same information. I am really tired of waiting, especially since my dealer told me mine was in 2 weeks ago but it was not the Premium that I ordered. That was a terrable experience. I have been anxious ever since!
I sure hope it arrives soon...
cjnoho
Posted 2007-10-22 2:33 AM (#969 - in reply to #745)

Visionary

So Cal
That chrome is more than $250 in the catalog.
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-10-22 10:40 AM (#975 - in reply to #745)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
I'm not to worried about getting the chrome....I can't even get my bike.
murray
Posted 2007-10-22 10:01 PM (#987 - in reply to #745)

Puddle Jumper

I agree with cinoho. My Vision tour premium was ordered with chrome forks as standard equipment at an agreed upon price, that are offered as an accessory for $ 899.99 not installed, and they are offering us a $ 250 credit instead? Is there something wrong with this picture? If enough Vision owners complained to their dealers, do you feel Victory might let us use their first release forks until the chrome forks are available to be installed at their expense? These chrome forks were a very important part in my decision to purchase a Victory Vision Tour Premium. I hope I'm not the only one feeling let down and disappointed. Not good P.R. on Victory's part I feel.
pollolittle
Posted 2007-10-22 10:38 PM (#988 - in reply to #745)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
I wonder if we create a new thread addressing the problem of the chrome forks as an issue for us, then forward that on to the PR bunch at Victory it would at least put us as a whole bunch of consumers of their products complaining. I think I will start the thread. You can either say what you want or we can see where it will lead. Say give it a life span of one or two weeks and then forward the contents of the thread.
okthenbye
Posted 2007-10-22 11:35 PM (#991 - in reply to #745)

Cruiser

Stockton, Ca.
I'd just be happy to get the bike and deal with the forks or credit value later. Today I stopped at the local HD dealership for a comparison shop. Their fully dressed Electra Glide was competetively priced but misses the mark in several other areas, both comfort and value. Harley today? Wait for the Vision? I'll wait as much as it hurts!
cjnoho
Posted 2007-10-23 1:55 AM (#1000 - in reply to #745)

Visionary

So Cal
They have been chroming front ends for ages. How did Victory manage to find someone that does'nt know what they're doing?
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-10-23 1:42 PM (#1021 - in reply to #745)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
The shipping / chrome company? Since I order the Vision Tour I didn't get the chrome upgrades, so it shouldn't be a factor for me. However, I think it's been par for the course with this issue (lack of) of bike that has these problems. As we can see from the information flow, (lack of it) that we aren't a priority. We already commited and will be taking the loss. From what I've seen, the almighty dollar wins over customer satisfaction. my dealer will do what he cans until it almost hurts, but he's not in this to go broke. he's not going to absorb my costs. i wouldn't blame him. I give the Marine Corps Drill instructor KNIFE HAND to the face of the Victory management! "WHAAP"
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™