You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Options?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

turtle49
Posted 2007-10-12 5:38 PM (#780)
Subject: Options?

New user

San Jose, Ca.
Hi all. I just put my $1000.00 deposit down for my black Vision. I live in Ca. and ordered mine at Arlen Ness's store in Dublin Ca. I would like to get comments on what options others have ordered and if they would or would not order them again. It won't be here for 6 to 8 weeks, so I have time before I have to make any final decisions. Thanks...

Tim
Top of the page Bottom of the page
pollolittle
Posted 2007-10-12 5:53 PM (#781 - in reply to #780)
Subject: Re: Options?

Visionary

Brighton, TN
I think I am looking at the lower wind deflectors, but I hate the idea of having to drill into the side of the panel. But it was pretty chilly this morning 44 degrees. Not to bad, I had the windshield all the way up, the little wind deflectors out, and feet sucked in by the engine. Possibly even going ahead and getting the 2 inch taller windshield. I don't really have moto gear, gotta save a few more pennies.
congrats on the new bike.
tralphaz
Posted 2007-10-12 7:41 PM (#787 - in reply to #781)

Tourer

I just went with the premium package, it had the options I wanted and some I didn't care for but in the end it cost less now than later, next thing I'm looking into is stage 1 exhaust.
I'm a sheet metal worker by trade so hopefully I'll be able to come up with a better "in the fairing" engine heat control as opposed to the external deflectors. Lastly I'd like a much lower profile trunk than the tour came with something similar to the look of the police radio box.
cjnoho
Posted 2007-10-12 8:51 PM (#789 - in reply to #780)

Visionary

So Cal
Go with the premium package. Its alot cheaper to remove what you dont want, than to add options later. The list price isnt that much different.
turtle49
Posted 2007-10-12 11:45 PM (#793 - in reply to #789)

New user

San Jose, Ca.

I have ordered the Vision Tour Premium. I would like to hear thoughts about the other add-ons from the catalog.

THANKS. Tim 

Lone Ranger
Posted 2007-10-13 2:21 AM (#794 - in reply to #793)

Tourer

Cleveland, GA
turtle49 - 2007-10-12 10:45 PM

I have ordered the Vision Tour Premium. I would like to hear thoughts about the other add-ons from the catalog.

I haven't ordered a whole lot for my Tour Premium, but here's what is on the way (someday):

CB/intercom system; antenna

GPS and mount

ipod cord

Air pump for rear suspension

Bike cover

Sometime in the future I may order stage one pipes, tailgunner insert, lower air deflectors, fender cover (to remove trunk), highway pegs, spotlights, tall windshield.  If anyone ever gets around to making a trailer hitch for the Vision I'll probably order one.  I plan to get a headlight modulator and possibly some accent lights to light up the engine (as if the bike doesn't draw enough attention already).

Jedi Jeff
Posted 2007-10-14 6:07 PM (#827 - in reply to #780)

Fountain Inn, SC United States
Just an FYI - We have the 2008 Vision accessory listing here.
TowJam
Posted 2007-10-14 8:14 PM (#830 - in reply to #781)

Puddle Jumper

D/FW Texas
I think I am looking at the lower wind deflectors, but I hate the idea of having to drill into the side of the panel..
I'm not so sure you'd have to drill holes. The wind deflectors that were on the Vision demo bikes were attached to the fairing with adhesive.
CoolHandLuke
Posted 2007-10-14 8:24 PM (#831 - in reply to #794)
Subject: Re: Trailer Hitch for Vision

Iron Butt

, FL United States
I emailed Bushtec & got this back:

When Bushtec is able to acquire a bike for prototype development we
will
obviously build a hitch package. Getting a bike is the problem. Watch
the
"What's New" page on our website. Regards,

John A. Preston CEO
Bushtec Mfg. & Sales, Inc.
P.O. Box 459 * 180 Mt. Paran Rd.
Jacksboro, TN 37757-0459
(423) 562-9900 * (423) 562-9911 Fax
Vsion
Posted 2007-10-14 11:31 PM (#832 - in reply to #780)

Cruiser

Southeast, AZ United States
I ordered "everything" for my tour premium. CB, luggage rack, passenger backres and luggage rack, billet wheels, GPS, All the chrome I could find, stage 1 level 2 exhaust, driving lights, engine covers and 65 amp charging system...Lot's of money, the stuff hasn't come in yet, but when it does, Arizona Victory is going to install it for free...

Ken
RedRider
Posted 2007-10-15 6:12 AM (#833 - in reply to #780)

Visionary

What a nightmare vision I just had..... Someone riding a new Vision with some crappy looking square popup trailer... Who makes a trailer that would look good behind a Vision?
pollolittle
Posted 2007-10-15 7:24 AM (#834 - in reply to #780)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
I think I am looking at the lower wind deflectors, but I hate the idea of having to drill into the side of the panel..

I'm not so sure you'd have to drill holes. The wind deflectors that were on the Vision demo bikes were attached to the fairing with adhesive.
-----
Cheers!
TowJam

If that is the case then I would probably go ahead and get them, I just didn't know if I would be able to remove them if they weren't working the way I wanted them to.
Tramp
Posted 2007-10-15 9:50 AM (#837 - in reply to #833)

Cruiser

BlueOx USA - 2007-10-15 6:12 AM

What a nightmare vision I just had..... Someone riding a new Vision with some crappy looking square popup trailer... Who makes a trailer that would look good behind a Vision?

Actually I think my Bushtec Quantum would look pretty good behind the Vision. But then, that's just one ,man's opinion.
cjnoho
Posted 2007-10-25 9:49 PM (#1136 - in reply to #780)

Visionary

So Cal
Quick question for thoes with bikes??? Does the Vision come with a security system???
luzzy
Posted 2007-10-25 10:26 PM (#1139 - in reply to #1136)

Cruiser

Coastal , NJ
Just locks. When you turn the forks to the left and depress the key to the left - it locks the forks,and front glove box. No active alarm though...yet.
Bearcat
Posted 2007-10-26 11:22 PM (#1206 - in reply to #793)

Cruiser

Prescott Valley, AZ
Tim, I am thinking about going with the stage one level one exhaust on my recently ordered Cherry Tour Premium. From the small amount of info I see it looks and sounds good BUT the fact that there is not an EFI remap as stated in the catalog I'm going to take the wait and see option. The catalog states it comes with a EFI remap and a new air cleaner at $499.99 which is a great price, however, if Victory has not done the research to adjust the EFI I'm not buying. This scooter comes without a catalitic(sp)? converter so it is obviosly tuned VERY lean to start with, opening the ariflow and exhaust without adding more fuel does not a good plan make!!!
mike s
Posted 2007-10-27 10:01 AM (#1217 - in reply to #1206)

Cruiser

Valdosta, GA
Bearcat - 2007-10-26 11:22 PM

This scooter comes without a catalitic(sp)? converter...

Where does this info come from? I thought CatCons were an EPA requirement. They should be built into the head pipes, like the '06s and '07s were.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™