You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Lloydz VFC III
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Mazman99
Posted 2008-06-25 8:58 AM (#12366)
Subject: Lloydz VFC III

Puddle Jumper

Bellevue, NE
Has anyone installed the Lloydz VFC III controller with Level 1 Stage 2 pipes? With the new Lloydz diffuser? If so, does the VFC come with mapping for that configuration or did you have to take it to a dyno shop to dial it in?

I e-mailed Lloydz with this question and the answer I got did not nail the question. A follow up call was made and I was told someone would return the call. I haven't heard anything yet.

I am itchy because the long weekend is coming up and I want to get it dealt with before that.

Edited by Mazman99 2008-06-25 8:58 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mazman99
Posted 2008-06-25 9:59 AM (#12367 - in reply to #12366)
Subject: Re: Lloydz VFC III

Puddle Jumper

Bellevue, NE
The folks at Lloydz got back to me with the answers. Their response:

"You won't need a dyno, the difference in fuel from bike to bike is greater than the adjustement for a intake plate. All bikes will require a slight bit of tuning because of their differences but a dyno isn't needed for that. Bottom line, you should be able to install the VFC with base map for level 2 pipes and intake plate without a major fuel adjustment."

Thanks to Lloydz.

Now I will upgrade from my stage 1 level 1 pipes to the level 2's and get the Lloydz VFC III fuel controller with intake plate.
lowtone9
Posted 2008-06-25 10:56 AM (#12369 - in reply to #12367)

Cruiser

I sure would like to see a dyno chart for that configuration.
bsquared62
Posted 2008-07-09 7:20 PM (#13246 - in reply to #12367)

Cruiser

Woodstock, GA
Does Lloyd have maps you can download from his site and load to the unit via USB? That's the way a Power Commander works. Custom mapping is really only needed if the specific combination you are using for intake/pipes/mufflers is not listed.

I assume a L1/S1 with Lloydz intake and a VFCIII would yield a pretty good gain? Should be better than the 7-8 hp advertised just for the intake by itself.

A second question, however - would something like the "self-learning" units made by Zipper work on the Vision? The unit trains itself based on your equipment, so if you make a change, no need to remap or redyno - the optimum mix is always maintained.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2008-07-10 9:45 PM (#13333 - in reply to #12366)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
Am i wrong in understanding that the vfcIII doesnt use software to adjust itself, but acts like a TFI unit and therefor adjustments are made but turning "Pots" to dail in the A/F mixture...
bsquared62
Posted 2008-07-10 10:51 PM (#13337 - in reply to #12366)

Cruiser

Woodstock, GA
Sounds like the VFC III is somewhere between the Zipper I described and a Power Commander. My main point is if I install it, is it something I can set/tune on my own, or do I need a tech and a dyno?
Hippo
Posted 2008-07-10 11:22 PM (#13339 - in reply to #12366)
Subject: RE: Lloydz VFC III

Cruiser

Warren, Vermont
I installed Lloydz VFC III and intake diffuser after work today. The whole project took me less than and hour and if I didn't have such stubby hands, it might have taken half that.

The hardest part of installing the VFCII is removing the injector wire so it can be connected to the VFCIII -- it is pretty cramped in there and you must be careful to lift the red latch, pinch the release and carefully remove the connector. Once you have that done, the rest of the process was simple. The control unit fits under the triangular cover between the seat and the main console.

To do the entire job you remove the triangular cover by opening the glove box and lifting it straight out - it has pop-fit connectors. Once that piece is removed you can remove the seat, being careful to unplug the connector if you have the heated seat option.

To install the diffuser you must remove the console. To do that, I took some duct tape and covered the end of a putty knife and pried the dash cover off and then removed the console -- you do not have to unplug all the connectors, I just unplugged the one big one and moved the console over. There are six bolts holding the plate on - remove those and install the diffuser with some included formagasket and you are ready to button it all up.

The default settings worked fine for my set up with the Cycle Dragon pipes. Who know how many horses I gained but it is running real smooth just in time for my trip to Sturgis.

Hippo
Hippo
Posted 2008-07-10 11:22 PM (#13340 - in reply to #12366)

Cruiser

Warren, Vermont
I installed Lloydz VFC III and intake diffuser after work today. The whole project took me less than and hour and if I didn't have such stubby hands, it might have taken half that.

The hardest part of installing the VFCII is removing the injector wire so it can be connected to the VFCIII -- it is pretty cramped in there and you must be careful to lift the red latch, pinch the release and carefully remove the connector. Once you have that done, the rest of the process was simple. The control unit fits under the triangular cover between the seat and the main console.

To do the entire job you remove the triangular cover by opening the glove box and lifting it straight out - it has pop-fit connectors. Once that piece is removed you can remove the seat, being careful to unplug the connector if you have the heated seat option.

To install the diffuser you must remove the console. To do that, I took some duct tape and covered the end of a putty knife and pried the dash cover off and then removed the console -- you do not have to unplug all the connectors, I just unplugged the one big one and moved the console over. There are six bolts holding the plate on - remove those and install the diffuser with some included formagasket and you are ready to button it all up.

The default settings worked fine for my set up with the Cycle Dragon pipes. Who know how many horses I gained but it is running real smooth just in time for my trip to Sturgis.

Hippo
Lloyd
Posted 2008-07-17 7:10 AM (#13718 - in reply to #13337)

Cruiser

bsquared62 - 2008-07-10 10:51 PM

Sounds like the VFC III is somewhere between the Zipper I described and a Power Commander. My main point is if I install it, is it something I can set/tune on my own, or do I need a tech and a dyno?

Just to back up your question, Yes you can install and tune yourself.
space_cwboy
Posted 2008-07-19 9:37 AM (#13835 - in reply to #12366)

Cruiser

Evergreen, CO
The custom maps for the Power Commander are useless! I had a Heritage Softail that I had installed an Andrews gear drive cam, and some V&H Big Shot Longs pipes on. Power Commander had that exact map available for download from their site, which I used to initially set up the Power Commander. A few weeks later, I took the bike to a dyno shop, and they first dyno'd the bike with the settings I had installed from the PC website, then they zeroed out the "custom" map, and the numbers were BETTER!

I'm reasonably sure the Power Commander folks get a fee for those places that are listed as certified Power Commander tuner/dyno shops, so you don't think they are going to shoot those guys in the foot by providing perfect maps for the general consumer to download, do you? In the end, after the dyno shop got done tuning my PC on their dyno, the numbers came up significantly from the "no map" numbers, making it worthwhile.

I just wish there was either more than one Lloyd, or that his "traveling show" was available in more locations per year. I would love to get the VFC III for my Vision, but not unless I could have it dialed in for my bike with a dyno. Our local dyno shops have NO experience with the VFC III, and would charge me a major arm & a leg for them to "learn" on my $$$ how to use it, how to dial in my bike, etc. So far, I have not heard that Power Commander is getting ready to offer a unit for the Vision, so I guess mine will remain stock for a while.
ScoreBo
Posted 2008-07-24 1:15 PM (#14329 - in reply to #12366)

Iron Butt

Northeast Ohio
I had a lot of questions regarding the VFCIII I had sent to Lloyd. He gave me a copy of the install / user paper you would get if you purchased the unit.

John
graybeard
Posted 2008-07-27 5:53 PM (#14511 - in reply to #12366)

Cruiser

NW Illinois
Hippo now that you have it all installled how is it running

Does anyone have S1L1 with Lloydz intake plate VFC and power comander, if so how is it running likes, dislikes????
tom
Posted 2008-07-28 10:45 AM (#14573 - in reply to #12366)

Cruiser

i just finished intalling the vfc111 and the top air filter. better power for sure ,now i need to mess with the adjustments . i have been trying and cant tell if im making it better or worse whats the normal settings stock bike with top air filter and vfc111 ?also did you guys get velcro or stainless mounting? also when you changed the back injector plug did it swivel or was it stationary . mine swiveled or else its loose... tom
Stryker
Posted 2008-09-20 5:11 PM (#18394 - in reply to #12366)

Puddle Jumper

Oviedo, FL
Had my Lloydz VFCIII and the intake plate installed today by the infamous KevinX. I have the L1S2 with the stage 2 download and although we didn't get an opportunity to have it dyno'd I noticed a significant change in the throttle response and torque in each gear ratio when shifting and no decel popping. It would appear that the freer breathing and fuel rate infusion increases the HP and torque. I rode it home about 141 miles and was smiling all the way to my driveway. I noted on mine the change in the way the air exchange cycles in that it sounds more raspy with a swoosh when accelerating to highway speeds. This was a minor adjustment on my part to become comfortable with the new sound but I love the added attitude she now possesses. I'm more than satisfied with Kevinx work and the Lloydz's parts.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™